[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest bilouba

Hello,

I have CyanogenMod v11-20140418-NIGHTLY-u8833, can I update to the latest nightly directly from the phone, or should I update things (like CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5) before ?

Also, the stock camera app is broken, and I have buy "snap camera" (really cool app) and it work for some reason. Can I fix the stock camera somehow ?

Thank you for your help.

Edited by bilouba

Guest spikypotato

Hello,

I have CyanogenMod v11-20140418-NIGHTLY-u8833, can I update to the latest nightly directly from the phone, or should I update things (like CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5) before ?

Also, the stock camera app is broken, and I have buy "snap camera" (really cool app) and it work for some reason. Can I fix the stock camera somehow ?

Thank you for your help.

I updated from 4.4.3 to 4.4.4 easily without making factory reset. I just wipe cache partition and Dalvik everytime when I want to flash an update/kernel/script. I'm still using CWM Recovery 6.0.4.5 and so far there are no problems when flashing updates.

Your CyanogenMod 11 nightly version seems to be pretty old. I think you should make a Nandroid backup before flashing the latest nightly, just in case if anything goes wrong on your phone after you flashed the update. 

Edited by spikypotato

Guest TayoOnabule

Which kernel is the ROM most stable on

And

Does a nandroid backup also backup the kernel and will it also restore the kernel

Yep to both questions :)

Guest dan555

Yep to both questions :)

How about the first question

The one about which kernel is the best

Just thought of another question does NFC still work on the g510-0100

Guest xals1997

How about the first question

The one about which kernel is the best

Just thought of another question does NFC still work on the g510-0100

I'm using Chil360 v0.43 and the nightly of the day 28 and the ROM is very smooth. 

I think that NFC don't work with this ROM

Guest dan555

I'm using Chil360 v0.43 and the nightly of the day 28 and the ROM is very smooth. 

Do you get ota updates for the kernel

And do you flash it like you would flash a ROM with the .zip from SD card what wipes do you make

Guest Chris 91

Do you get ota updates for the kernel

And do you flash it like you would flash a ROM with the .zip from SD card what wipes do you make

Yes just flash as normal zip through recovery and wipes are usual dalvik and cache, please make sure you download the correct kernel, link is about 6 pages back, don't download it from chil360's slimkat ROM page as it will not work.

Guest Dr.Proctor

I just installed this ROM on my G510 but it can not acces the sd card.

Camera/Gallery and others want me to insert a sd card before using the respective app.

In the settings - storage options the sd card is detected and can be un/mounted and formatted.

I installed the recommended CWM and google apps. (first gapps 4.4.3 but then i saw the rom is 4.4.4 actually? and reinstalled with gapps 4.4.4)

Guest porozex

I just installed this ROM on my G510 but it can not acces the sd card.

Camera/Gallery and others want me to insert a sd card before using the respective app.

In the settings - storage options the sd card is detected and can be un/mounted and formatted.

I installed the recommended CWM and google apps. (first gapps 4.4.3 but then i saw the rom is 4.4.4 actually? and reinstalled with gapps 4.4.4)

install the latest cwm that is with the rom of today you can find it here : http://jenkins.thebronasium.com/

then flash the rom again.

if you can use the sdcard from recovery correctly without issues then there is a problem with the rom for sure

Guest Dr.Proctor

if you can use the sdcard from recovery correctly without issues then there is a problem with the rom for sure

That's what i thought. How do i get the cwm from thebronasium? 

Thanks!

Guest luca020400

For flash recovery go to in fastbootmode after connect phone to PC and in cmd ( windows ) terminal emulator ( Linux ) : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot reboot

Edited by luca020400