[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Google Maps has always worked fine for me on CM11. I'm currently running the nightly from November 2nd + chil360's kernel (v0.53) and I can confirm that Google Maps is indeed functioning correctly.

Guest chris_cx

Google Maps has always worked fine for me on CM11. I'm currently running the nightly from November 2nd + chil360's kernel (v0.53) and I can confirm that Google Maps is indeed functioning correctly.

Hi,

im new with y300.

how to flash custom kernel with huawei y300 ?

Guest xals1997

Ok i found the problem :P

If you select the language [Developer] Accented English (zz_ZZ) google maps doesn't work :/

With English (United States) and other languages it works.

Strange hahaha

Guest TheMasterSoda

Im using 11-09 nightly and noticed, that on my G510-0100 on rare ocasions the phone randomly restarts when trying to give root rights to apps. When installing titanium backup it said something along the lines that su version was outdated and this might cause problems. I suppose this could be connected to the random restart problem. Could you look into it?

Guest SuicideBroccoli

Im using 11-09 nightly and noticed, that on my G510-0100 on rare ocasions the phone randomly restarts when trying to give root rights to apps. When installing titanium backup it said something along the lines that su version was outdated and this might cause problems. I suppose this could be connected to the random restart problem. Could you look into it?

Just update your SU?...

Edited by SuicideBroccoli

Guest TheMasterSoda

Just update your SU?...

I did that, but i mean to fix the random restart problem out of the box maybe implement the newest SU version into the ROM...

Guest xals1997

I did that, but i mean to fix the random restart problem out of the box maybe implement the newest SU version into the ROM...

Have you tried to use other kernel such as chil360 or synopsys?

Guest TheMasterSoda

Have you tried to use other kernel such as chil360 or synopsys?

No, haven't tried that. Didnt have the need to swap kernels during my android experiences, so haven't looked into it.

Guest theoldsmithy

Hi guys, I just installed 11-01 on my G510, then I tried to switch to the ART runtime (I'd read it had much better battery life). Now my phone wouldn't boot. It just showed the swirling coloured circles for about 1 hour then I gave up waiting.

So I went into recovery mode, did a cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe, factory reset and then I got the CM logo but nothing else. I then tried the same steps again but reinstalled the 11-1 update. Same result.

How can I get out of this?

Thanks

Guest spikypotato

Hi guys, I just installed 11-01 on my G510, then I tried to switch to the ART runtime (I'd read it had much better battery life). Now my phone wouldn't boot. It just showed the swirling coloured circles for about 1 hour then I gave up waiting.

So I went into recovery mode, did a cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe, factory reset and then I got the CM logo but nothing else. I then tried the same steps again but reinstalled the 11-1 update. Same result.

How can I get out of this?

Thanks

Hello,

As far as I know, the ART that is in KitKat is still not optimized for our Y300/G510.  It may cause system instability, apps crashing, etc. 

I've tried it before and it's super-laggy and there's no improvement on battery life. During the first boot after switching the ART, the phone may boot up longer than usual. 

Maybe you should try (again) wiping the cache, dalvik cache, do a factory reset and then re-flash/install the update.

Guest xals1997

No, haven't tried that. Didnt have the need to swap kernels during my android experiences, so haven't looked into it.

So try chil360 or synopsys, because with the cm11 kernel I had some reboots with some apps. Try chil360 https://mega.co.nz/#!rJZj3SBL!83q_un4kOJfahaw7WcoNVdfPkc5A4K5acQGOIqQosK0 or synopsys by fonz93 (search in the forum).

Just install it and I suppose that you are not going to have reboots.

Guest theoldsmithy

Hello,

As far as I know, the ART that is in KitKat is still not optimized for our Y300/G510.  It may cause system instability, apps crashing, etc. 

I've tried it before and it's super-laggy and there's no improvement on battery life. During the first boot after switching the ART, the phone may boot up longer than usual. 

Maybe you should try (again) wiping the cache, dalvik cache, do a factory reset and then re-flash/install the update.

Hi, tried that, and I still just get the CM logo for ages... I may download a different update and try that

Thanks

Guest turbytudy

Hello. After the latest updates, 3g data wont work anymore on 2 of my country's network providers. 3-4 moths ago they worked. All my network providers use the same freq. For example Vodafone works, Telekom and Digi dont. 3 moths ago they worked. Any ideas? should i flash some modem files? or and older vers. just to test stuff? In Telekom, 2g data works, 3g data dosen't. Digi has only 3g - (internet sim card) and now i have a wierd icon like a sim with a question mark, and no details. 

Edit: On Digi it gives an error : selected network not avaible. The sim is ok, works perfecly in a lg l9. I hope i made myself understood.

Edit 2: I foud the issue. Bad baseband. I flashed the EU baseband and it works just fine on digi. Will check later on Telekom. If anyone needs the baseband file i can post it here.

Edited by turbytudy