[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest nirmalbalaji

I was about to ask the same question XD. I use Aviate launcher and sometime SickSky. I prefer a launcher not to heave. Gel looks good but sometime I got reboots. I think the memory gets full

There is nothing to do with the memory. Random reboots are not caused by the memory. Most of the people are assuming its because of the memory gets full. Thats not true.

Guest ZolaIII

There is nothing to do with the memory. Random reboots are not caused by the memory. Most of the people are assuming its because of the memory gets full. Thats not true.

The most of reboots are tied to improper memory management causing errors that are not resolved in time so the kernel in the turn's of system self preservation (as defense mechanism) reboots the complete system. There are & other case errors with same result!

It's possible to disable this self preservation function of kernel by disabling the kernel.panic_on_oops in SysCtl interface.

This can help bat it can also freeze the phone when error is not resolvable.

Why not try the 4.4.2 kitkat based slimkat ROM? I've tried it today and its far far far smoother and less bug free than cm11.....And no offence is intended to anyone including people working so hard on this project but I just want a stable ROM that don't have strange bugs.......

I come from slimkat and i must say you're wrong, this cm11 is better...if you look in slimkat threat i wrote some problem i faced ( i had no answer and i hate it!!)...the only problem i found here is that game doesn't work (i tryied uno & friends and GTA SA)

Guest nirmalbalaji

The most of reboots are tied to improper memory management causing errors that are not resolved in time so the kernel in the turn's of system self preservation (as defense mechanism) reboots the complete system. There are & other case errors with same result!

It's possible to disable this self preservation function of kernel by disabling the kernel.panic_on_oops in SysCtl interface.

This can help bat it can also freeze the phone when error is not resolvable.

Exactly!! But people are assuming that random reboots are occuring because of the RAM getting 391/391. That's pretty false.

Guest rederik75

Why i always prefer CM ROMs is because of that reason :blush:

They are louder than stock,and i love it :P

Won't it be dangerous for the hardware?

Won't it be dangerous for the hardware?

What i feel is huawei limited the hardware...the CM ROMs just unlocked it ;)

Unlocked the full power of it,so it's not dangerous :)

I come from slimkat and i must say you're wrong, this cm11 is better...if you look in slimkat threat i wrote some problem i faced ( i had no answer and i hate it!!)...the only problem i found here is that game doesn't work (i tryied uno & friends and GTA SA)
Yes I'm happy to admit I'm wrong. Its my personal opinion and taste that I like slimkat and we can be adults and express what we think and feel without upsetting anyone :-) and I saw too people don't reply to some problems :-( But for me slimkat works better than cm ATM, its nice not having ringtones that don't stutter and not having random and strange reboots all over the place. No such issues with slimkat yet. I will flirt with cm again, just not yet :-) Edited by ivan41

Yes.. I'm on 22.01 nightly and it works...

i think you don't understand what i want to say. i would like the background of incoming calls semi transparent...

Was using 2013-01-16 without any major problems and updated to the latest build today. Ever since the clock/alarm behaves strangely. I can open the menu to change the alarm ringtone, I can select a different alarm sound, but it will always play the default system (phone) ring tone instead of the alarm sound. When i confirm my selection, it automatically ends up choosing the default phone ringtone. I've tried remove Xposed/Gravitybox, I've tried reverting to the 2013-01-16 build and back to the latest, but to no avail. I've also tried deleting /data/data/com.android.deskclock to reset the settings, but even after that the described problem persists. I also have the same problem in alternative alarm clock apps that use the same sound pick menu. Is there some hidden system setting that could cause the alarm sound to always revert to the phone ringtone?