[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Jonnel Santiago

Thanks. But the bluetooth still not working.

can you teach me how to pull camera2 to older build...sori im noob...:-P

Guest wbrambley

Thanks. But the bluetooth still not working.

What is wrong with your Bluetooth? Mine works OK with car kit, is it file transfer?

Guest ozeviktor92

What is wrong with your Bluetooth? Mine works OK with car kit, is it file transfer?

No device found and not visible for other devices.

Guest wbrambley

can you teach me how to pull camera2 to older build...sori im noob...:-P

Use a slightly older build where it was working, extract the gallery2.apk from it and put it in /system/app/ folder. Change file permissions to read for all and write for root. Untick the execute boxes and reboot.

Might be easier to install it as an "update" but I'm not sure that works.

Guest Jonnel Santiago

Use a slightly older build where it was working, extract the gallery2.apk from it and put it in /system/app/ folder. Change file permissions to read for all and write for root. Untick the execute boxes and reboot.

Might be easier to install it as an "update" but I'm not sure that works.

tnx bro!

Guest wbrambley

No device found and not visible for other devices.

Hmm, I'm still on 27/2 build. Maybe I will stick to it. Saw some fix in today's build but it sounds like it's still busted

Guest Jonnel Santiago

Hmm, I'm still on 27/2 build. Maybe I will stick to it. Saw some fix in today's build but it sounds like it's still busted

i did it bro! using root explorer! tnxs:-) but my bluetooth stil not working....

Guest whettingstone

I tried this rom out and it was speedy and good looking. I really want to keep using it but there are 2 issues.

1. GPS does not seem to work properly. I use Endomondo and it did not register any distance when I used it. I did try various gps testers and they have a good connection.

2. (This one is especially dealbreaking for me) it reboots when trying to watch preloaded videos in YouTube app. If the videos are not preloaded then it works fine. I'm on a limited plan and I watch a lot of YouTube.

I have the SD card set as primary storage. Might be something related to that?

Anyone have any ideas about these two problems? Specifically #2.

I did wipe before installation and I tried reinstalling the youtube app but nothing helped.

Guest paxer9999

Same in mine. everything perfect except that... sometimes it needs to be rebooted for making a pnohe call, or even must try 6, 7 times to do a call !

Is this fixable ?

I've been going in circles with this for months. Who is your operator? 

There are some people on a Virgin Mobile UK thread talking about this. It seems there is an issue with this phone and Virgin UK because Virgin UK piggy backs on the EE, T-mobile, Orange network

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile-Android-Phones/huawei-ascend-y300/td-p/2084040

I've had this exact same issue with every rom I have tried using my Virgin Mobile sim but zero problems with any other sim like 3 UK, Orange.

It's a shame I bought two of these phones and both for use with Virgin !

Guest N00btime

Seems people do not read at all.

@paxer9999: It has nothing to do with the operator. I'm on Claro Colombia and have the same issue with CM11 and Y300.

But since I put the phone in 2G only mode, the issue has been solved.

Cheers.

Guest paxer9999

Seems people do not read at all.

@paxer9999: It has nothing to do with the operator. I'm on Claro Colombia and have the same issue with CM11 and Y300.

But since I put the phone in 2G only mode, the issue has been solved.

Cheers.

Unfortunately in my circumstance switching to 2g doesn’t fix the problem.

But its not just CyanogenMod, I have the same issue with every rom I’ve tried including the stock firmware that came with the phone branded for my network.

I’ve replaced the sim and the phone with no result. As a last option I tried a three mobile sim (a 3g only operator) as well as a couple of others and haven’t had any problems using either the stockfirmware or Cyanogenmod.

Guest wbrambley

Fixed the bluetooth and the gallery problems in the new version?

Bluetooth still an issue but I am able to use previously stored connections. You may be able to restore this from backup or using TB but only from an earlier or another KitKat build.

Guest wbrambley

I've been going in circles with this for months. Who is your operator?

There are some people on a Virgin Mobile UK thread talking about this. It seems there is an issue with this phone and Virgin UK because Virgin UK piggy backs on the EE, T-mobile, Orange network

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile-Android-Phones/huawei-ascend-y300/td-p/2084040

I've had this exact same issue with every rom I have tried using my Virgin Mobile sim but zero problems with any other sim like 3 UK, Orange.

It's a shame I bought two of these phones and both for use with Virgin !

Same issue with 2degrees in nz, it uses Vodaphone outside of the main centrers. Using only 2g helps but is a pain as I live right on the fringe of 2degrees network.

Guest smeegle

Hi Newby here.

Great ROM thanks. It is the first Custom ROM I have tried since rooting my y300-151 and installing TWRP.  

Just the lack of Bluetooth and Gallery thumbnails that others have mentioned.  Otherwise it is a terrific improvement.

Can I flash subsequent Nightly builds of this same ROM without the need to re install all my apps and config?

Guest xals1997

Does this rom work with the huawei ascend y320?thx

No.

Ascend y320 is powered by a Mediatek cpu.

Our device uses a Qualcomm.

Guest wbrambley

And the Bluetooth issue?

Don't think so, nothing in the change log about it. Do you have an older KitKat recovery backup with the saved Bluetooth connections you need? If so, backup your current ROM in recovery and restore the older version. Use titanium backup to save your Bluetooth connections then restore current ROM and put back the Bluetooth saved connections with titanium backup.

Guest smeegle

Don't think so, nothing in the change log about it. ..

Yeah can confirm BT not fixed. Just flashed todays build & Checked.

But as you say Gallery editing preview is fixed.  Thnx.