[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest trevis97

Bugs: the default browser does not load images properly, they are no longer the arrows for the mobile data (upload, download).

Guest fridelain

On Orange Daytona (Ascend G510-0200), with no gapps installed: Tint browser (from f-droid.org) fails to display some images. Often, if you open an image in a new tab the thumbnail of the tab looks fine but the image itself looks all white, as if there was none. Often, "tiles" won't display or only a tile will. Zooming in and out changes which tile is affected depending in the zoom level.

Firefox (from f-droid) often causes the phone to reboot, aparently because it runs out of memory.

Streaming certain video files with firefox causes horizontal distortion (staircase effect) and wrong colors. They stream fine in Tint, and they play fine in FF if stored locally.

Firefox displays a black screen when trying to play YouTube videos, as if it expected the youtube app to take over, despite it never being installed.

Guest PhilRandal

Bugs: the default browser does not load images properly

That's been discussed a lot on here. Unless some clever coder steps in, that's not likely to be fixed for KitKat on this device.

Workaround - use Google Chrome or revert to JellyBean.

The nightlies are as solid as a a rock for me (and less problematic than the original Huawei B189 ROM).

Nightly / Chil360 0.47 kernel / PA_Gapps / PA_Gapps_Playservices_Games.

But I don't use most of the Google Apps bloatware.

Firefox for Android is a right memory hog, not likely to run without problems in less than 1GB RAM, IMHO.

Edited by PhilRandal

Guest trevis97

That's been discussed a lot on here. Unless some clever coder steps in, that's not likely to be fixed for KitKat on this device.

Workaround - use Google Chrome or revert to JellyBean.

The nightlies are as solid as a a rock for me (and less problematic than the original Huawei B189 ROM).

Nightly / Chil360 0.47 kernel / PA_Gapps / PA_Gapps_Playservices_Games.

But I don't use most of the Google Apps bloatware.

Firefox for Android is a right memory hog, not likely to run without problems in less than 1GB RAM, IMHO.

ok but I remember in an old version of this ROM (4.4.1 / 2) these problems were not present, why there are now? What has changed since then? O.o I think that the problem is in the app "HTML viewer" because the problem of the images is also present in other apps that use this app (I planned small browser that exploit viwer htm). then the problem of mobile data error is definitely in the system ui. so these bugs are not the rom but these are two system apps. I can try to fix them, but I need the sources of these two apps. Edited by trevis97

Guest Trapezio

Nightly 21/07 and 22/07 works smoothly but have a bug: if I choose to hide the clock in status bar, at reboot Android show two clocks!

Screenshot_2014_07_24_12_50_03.png

Guest GonzaloG

Nightly 21/07 and 22/07 works smoothly but have a bug: if I choose to hide the clock in status bar, at reboot Android show two clocks!

YOLO XD

Guest Trapezio

Same bug in 25/07

Guest Helix512

Is there a way that maybe you can build an updater app like the one that I use on my Nexus4,7 and Galaxy Nexus that will check and then if there is an update it will download it. I know that this is the lazy man way but I thought I would ask. or if there is one already out there

Guest Helix512

I just noticed that I installed the lastest nightly cm-11-20140726-NIGHTLY-u8833 but when I check the build number on the phone
cm-11-20140722-NIGHTLY-u8833. is this normal

Guest PhilRandal

I just noticed that I installed the lastest nightly cm-11-20140726-NIGHTLY-u8833 but when I check the build number on the phone

cm-11-20140722-NIGHTLY-u8833. is this normal

No, something didn't work, by the looks of things.

Guest PhilRandal

According the the latest nightly's changelog, that should now be fixed

Edit: Verified fixed with latest 27/07 nightly

Edited by PhilRandal

Guest PhilRandal

Yes it support swap

You can try my addon in signature

What's people's experience of giving the kernel additional swap?

Good or bad?

Trying it with 100MB extra swap in the Cache partition.

Edited by PhilRandal

Guest trevis97

Yes it support swap

You can try my addon in signature

sorry but English is not my mother linguage, can you explain it to me or post a link on this "addon"? because I've tried with different apps on the market to do the swap but if I put any size I find myself always with 48Mb of swap spreads

Guest fonz93

sorry but English is not my mother linguage, can you explain it to me or post a link on this "addon"? because I've tried with different apps on the market to do the swap but if I put any size I find myself always with 48Mb of swap spreads

That's because you have to disable zRAM for first