[KK] [4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 [ROM] [ALL] [WEEKLY BUILDS ON FRIDAY]

Guest Dazzozo

So far I have been updating by wiping dalvik and cache, then flashing rom,  and thus updating all the settings from scratch with every rom update.

flashing in recovery via twrp.

Has anyone had success with just flashing the nightly rom without wipes so as to keep your settings?

Guest Rvdveer

Hi, I have a G510. I installed recovery TWRP 2.5.0.0 and tried to install CM 11. The install failed, but now i cant boot into system anymore, whatever I do, I boot back into recovery. I tried to install CWM recovery, but this did not work. i tried to install a stock Rom, also did not help. Does anybody have any idea's? Thought i could maybe tryto flash cmw recovery (as listed on this website? Or upgrade TWRP somehow?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

R.

Edited by Rvdveer

@Rvdveer

You didn't make backup,huh?

TWRP that you have is way too old and isn't compatible with CM11.

You must have formatted system so that you have a phone with no OS :(

Install latest TWRP or install your stock ROM by dload method

Guest Rvdveer

Hi Thanks for that answer.. and yes - you are right about a backup..

Bearing in mind I can only use receovery on the phone how would i Install the latest TWRP?

Thanks for your help!

Guest Balsamtanne

If am trying swap and brick my phone can the phone company tell that's the cause am on warranty

I bricked my phone with swap one time before. I think i had a blue screen on startup, but with an correct update.app i could repair it.

In 20140211 Browser is broken for me, is this correct or is this a wipe problem?

regards

Balsamtanne

Guest StewieTech

So far I have been updating by wiping dalvik and cache, then flashing rom,  and thus updating all the settings from scratch with every rom update.

flashing in recovery via twrp.

Has anyone had success with just flashing the nightly rom without wipes so as to keep your settings?

I never wipe anything, i download the OTA update and install automatically using the OTA updater. Been doing so for a month and i never had problems with that.

Guest wbrambley
In 20140211 Browser is broken for me, is this correct or is this a wipe problem? regards Balsamtanne
Yep. Browser FC for me too. Actually 20140210 and 20140211. Fixed by swapping in a Huawei 4.4 browser.apk from p6 Edit: this one: https://mega.co.nz/#!GVgllaoD!nnOMOpAn4XoQV2ABADFs7hoCtYWR01u2Emp-nWIP8rc Any earlier working browser.apk would most likely do. Edited by wbrambley

Guest ProHunter

I bricked my phone with swap one time before. I think i had a blue screen on startup, but with an correct update.app i could repair it.

In 20140211 Browser is broken for me, is this correct or is this a wipe problem?

regards

Balsamtanne

Lol,use some other browser from play store,i didn't use stock browser from the day i flashed CM11... :)

Guest TheHindu

No plans of making a CyanogenMod 11 M3 Snapshot for Huawei Ascend Y300 :-)?

Hey I have read a lot on cynogenmod G+ community that Mile Stone Snapshots (i.e M's M1,M2,M3) which are released once in a month so you may well call them monthly updates DO NOT CONTAIN ALL THE ONGOING UPDATES OF NIGHTLIES. As commented by Nexus 5 and S4 users So you are well ahead when using latest nightlies as compared to a M (Milestone release).. :-)  

Edited by TheHindu

Guest TheHindu

And I will also flash the COMPLETE PA GAPPS if the OTA erases the current one. Coz latest GAPPS do make the device closest to Nexus 5 . 

Cannot comment on Terbuchet Launcher coz I never used it. GEL or GNL fan :-)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Google Stock Package All the way

Edited by TheHindu

Guest TheHindu

I never wipe anything, i download the OTA update and install automatically using the OTA updater. Been doing so for a month and i never had problems with that.

doing OTA for the first time . Its on you mate !!!! 

Guest TheHindu

Done with OTA

Booted automatically into Recovery mode for updating. Then

File could not be found (BOOM) file checksum error or something cant remember....

rebooted my device opened file manager. Found the location of downloaded zip file in cmupdater folder on my SDcard(Its set as primary storage )

Switched off my device . Manually booted into recovery. Then manually flashed the downloaded Nightly.Zip file (without wiping cache and dalvik or user data)

Updated successfully.

Did take some time to configure 114 apps on restart. Done.

The Only downside now I have both Turbuchet and GEL. So I selected GEL as Always instead of Just Once.

Can replace Terbuchet if I flash latest stock GAPPS. But will require too much work. So Happy for now.

Thank DAZZOZO

Antutu Benchmark Score 7670.

Good Enough.

For Now.

Edited by TheHindu

Guest Rvdveer

Hi Guys, thanks for the help - now got my phone on Kitkat! Do however have a really enoying issue i cant really live with, when installing anything using playstore I keep receiving a 403 error, and I cannot download / install anything.. any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Thank you for your reply. could you kindly reply in detail as this could help others?

I used TWRP recovery for my wipes and nothing but full wipe worked, could you kindly comment in detail how you flash your updates?

Thank You.

Hi Guys, thanks for the help - now got my phone on Kitkat! Do however have a really enoying issue i cant really live with, when installing anything using playstore I keep receiving a 403 error, and I cannot download / install anything.. any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Hi,

I had the same problem...

how I solve this...

1. clear cache in play service

2. reboot phone

3. turn on google now

4. when Google now offered me to update the google play service I do it.

Problem solve for me...

You can try the same

Guest StewieTech

Thank you for your reply. could you kindly reply in detail as this could help others?

I used TWRP recovery for my wipes and nothing but full wipe worked, could you kindly comment in detail how you flash your updates?

Thank You.

You go to phone setting, then about phone, then cyanogen updates and then you search for updates. If a update is avaible, you download it. After the download is finished there´s an option to restart to recovery and update. The update is automatic, the phone will boot into TWRP, install the rom, restart, optimize the phone and the only you thing you do after is enter the pin and voila. You don´t loose anything with this method and it´s automatic...