How to remove unwanted home screens?

Other than installing a different laucher from the play store (or anywhere else ;) ) is anyone aware of an android file hack  :ninja: that would allow the number of home screens to be reduced from the current 5?

Prefer to be in control of how many home screens I have. :wacko:

Currently using Apex Launcher, but hey wondered if there was another way - without the launcher change.

At least now I've been able to get rid of that IMHO waste of space (LHS in landscape, Top in portrait) i.e. blank search bar reserved area  ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest Droibles

Stock Android has the 5 and I've only ever been able to change that by installing an alternative launcher - tried a few and from what I've seen they try to do too much and are laggy. I actually like the stock launcher because it's reasonably fast and simpl.

My app icons tend to be everyday stuff on the main middle screen then utils to the left of that and games/video players/music etc to the right. If there is a widget I really want like weather or calendar I'll stick it on one of the far right/left. Really useful stuff goes on the doc - Chrome, Gmail, File manager, Calculator etc.

I agree it would be a nice thing to be able to change the number in the stock launcher.

From the little I've read the default Android launcher uses private APIs (maybe that's why it seems smoother compared to others) and isn't that easy to compile yourself - which is what I'd guess you'd need to do??? :unsure:

Yes, stock Android is really all I use / need except the odd added customisation if that makes sense  :wacko: as well as time spent playing building my own ROM  :ninja: with all the backup / restores that entails, to revert back to normality.  :D