Can't install USB drivers on Win 7

Help please. I've been trying to get my Win 7 64bit  pc to recognize my Hudl so I can use RKAndroidTools.exe to install the Helios ROM.

I've also tried the rktool17.zip tool set as well but PC refuses to update drivers.

What I'm doing is...

1. Set USB debugging.

2. Turn off HUDL, connect to PC, restart in bootloader mode (Vol up and reset pin)

3. Windows says installing drivers and under device manager lists ADB devices - HTC dream.

4. If i then uninstall those drivers and manually try to update them by pointing the file path C:\Users\Rob\Documents\HUDL\rktools17\rktools17\RockusbDriver\x64\win7

I get the message "Windows could not find driver software for your device". I get the same message if I try the usb drivers in the Helios ROM package too.

What am I doing wrong as its getting very frustrating!!!

Thanks in advance!

Guest TheKisama

Hi, I just got here randomly so I don't know ANYTHING about your phone! But anyway, IF by any chance you're a using N or KN version of Win7 than might wanna install the media feature pack provided by M$(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16546) AND if you're on/above Android 4.2.2...you might wanna read this -https://plus.google.com/+CyanogenMod/posts/M2pVM7Y6MTq (since you mentioned ADB stuff)

I hope that this was useful in one way or another. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply "TheKisama". I'm not on N or KN version of Win7. I had the ADB driver RSA fingerprint issue when I connected my Nexus 4 but got past it ok.

I think I just need a bit more time to experiment getting it connected, instead of a rushed 5 minutes now and again. I was just hoping someone else had seen the same issue and had a quick fix.  :)