Touchscreen problem testing a fix need more people to test

Guest hudl mudl

Guest hudl mudl

Ok so i was getting pretty annoyed with turning on and off to fix the crazyness with the screen doing some testing by enabling show touch points in developer mode, i noticed that when my hudl went crazy the touch display was showing three presses on the screen, got me thinking and i did the following, 

ensure device is rooted 

download an application from marketplace called Pimp my Rom 

once installed give SU access o the app and head over to the tweaks section, screen display 

My display was showing the following under multi touch amount 

Fingers 3, I set this to 2 

Changed minimum pointer duration to 28ms 

Max events to 82 

Surface flinger minimum velocity to 4600

Surface flinger maximum velocity to 5600

Hit apply and then reboot the device, 

My screen now seems to respond both faster and the touchscreen issue seems to have gone not once in the last 6 hours.

I need to see if it works for other people as it has for me 

XDA thread on the tool 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908269

Edited by hudl mudl

Guest stuben32

Ok so i was getting pretty annoyed with turning on and off to fix the crazyness with the screen doing some testing by enabling show touch points in developer mode, i noticed that when my hudl went crazy the touch display was showing three presses on the screen, got me thinking and i did the following, 

ensure device is rooted 

download an application from marketplace called Pimp my Rom 

once installed give SU access o the app and head over to the tweaks section, screen display 

My display was showing the following under multi touch amount 

Fingers 3, I set this to 2 

Changed minimum pointer duration to 28ms 

Max events to 82 

Surface flinger minimum velocity to 4600

Surface flinger maximum velocity to 5600

Hit apply and then reboot the device, 

My screen now seems to respond both faster and the touchscreen issue seems to have gone not once in the last 6 hours.

I need to see if it works for other people as it has for me 

XDA thread on the tool 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1908269

Hey Hudl Mudl,

I'll give it a go and let you know

Stuben32

Guest stuben32

Hey Hudl Mudl,

Stuben32

Hey Hudl Mudl,

Stuben32

I've had a look and it looks like it just changes and adds settings in build.prop

Rom Toolbox can do the same - will see how the settings go

Guest stuben32

Still having the issues with your settings -

Have noticed that seem to get the "multi" touch issue where it registsres multiple keypresses, but then after a while that stops, but then I get dead spots.

Guest maniac_mouse

One thing i have noticed with a few tablets (a prestigio and my kindle fire hd) is that the touchscreen does weird things when you use it whilst its charging.  This is really noticable when trying to type with the onscreen keyboard, every now and again, it registers a touch in a random place on the screen instead of the correct place on the keyboard.  The prestigio is almost unusable plugged in, the kindle isnt as cranky, but it still happens frequently enough to become annoying.  This is using the factory supplied charger on the prestigio and a blackberry one on the kindle (due to Amazon being too stingy to supply one in the box, prefering to gouge a small fortune on the `official` charger as a stupidly overpriced extra).  Both devices work fine when not plugged into the charger.

I wonder if the hudl is affected by the same little foible, which causes these issues or am i just clutching at straws here?

Edited by maniac_mouse

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Mine is always unplugged, when I plug it in to charge I always switch it off first (sorry im a diehard bout this)

But when the screen does go, I just press the power button, wait a second then press power again and unlock and its working as good as new.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI another member "Greybot" has posted this "I rang the helpdesk and they informed me that the touchscreen becoming unresponsive is software related and a fix via an update is coming out before the end of this month. I am waiting for this and an update for an HDMI problem (also software related) due for middle of February, to fix my Hudl. If it doesn't I will return it. "

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367050-tesco-replacement-hudl-service/