GApps for CM11 (last updated: 2015-03-13)

Guest rhen

Guest razor74

You can chech if you movies are better with new youtube ( after update) ? For me - dissapeared "blocky image" . Now it is smooth and very clear like on stock roms. I din't know if it is from youtube or it is something changed in the rom...

Guest IceTapanho

Actually offline speech files is useless since you can only search when connected to the internet. When ok Google wasn't working I could call to my contacts with off speech recognition but not anymore, it just searches over the internet

Gapps and search module updated:

Changes:

- Google Play Store updated to v4.6.17
- Google Search updated to v3.3.11.1069658.arm in the mod

You can chech if you movies are better with new youtube ( after update) ? For me - dissapeared "blocky image" . Now it is smooth and very clear like on stock roms. I din't know if it is from youtube or it is something changed in the rom...

Yep, YouTube seem fine now. I don't know if it is changed in the app or in the ROM since I rarely use the YouTube app.

"OK Google" still doesn't work for me. Maybe it is a region thing... I don't know, but I don't miss this feature. (I just try it if it works, I don't use Google Search module/app)

Edited by rhen

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rikard0__

hello, I installed the Rom KK Pac with gaps that are on the topic to update the gapps to the latest version i have to do a clean install or just install the new version of gapps with cwm!?

hello, I installed the Rom KK Pac with gaps that are on the topic to update the gapps to the latest version i have to do a clean install or just install the new version of gapps with cwm!?

It may work if you just flash the new gapps over the existing installation, but may leave some garbage on /system.

I suggest to do the clean update described in the first post. with the modification that you need the PAC ROM's zip instead of CM11.

Guest rikard0__

It may work if you just flash the new gapps over the existing installation, but may leave some garbage on /system.

I suggest to do the clean update described in the first post. with the modification that you need the PAC ROM's zip instead of CM11.

Ok i do the clean update thanks for the answer ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest _St0nE_

New update on Play Store for Google Calendar. Can we install it or it is better wait for a new rhen's gapps (thanks for your work!)?

Thanks in advance

Edited by _St0nE_

New update on Play Store for Google Calendar. Can we install it or it is better wait for a new rhen's gapps (thanks for your work!)?

Thanks in advance

gapps updated.

You can update it.

Guest chiru

Im interested in using the offline voice recogntion module. Can i just flash this over my existing Gapps installation and it should work? Or is there something Im missing?

Im interested in using the offline voice recogntion module. Can i just flash this over my existing Gapps installation and it should work? Or is there something Im missing?

I can't able to get it work. Maybe a location based restriction.

But in theory, you need to install the offline speech recognition module and the Google Search module but there is no enough space for the two.

Someone reported that he can make it work with the Play Store version of the Google Search too.

You can try it by installing the offline speech module from CWM and Google Search from Play Store.

The offline speech recognition module is only for en_US locale, but if the service is available in your country, you may able to download your language later in the Search app settings.

So should I just download Search from the Paly Store then go into recovery and flash the module?

The offline speech module first then Google Search, but yes, this is what you need.

Guest chiru

Actually offline speech files is useless since you can only search when connected to the internet. When ok Google wasn't working I could call to my contacts with off speech recognition but not anymore, it just searches over the internet

So it doesnt work with the newest version of Search?

Guest IceTapanho

That experience is one month old, haven't tried with updated versions. I need my phone 24/7 now so I can't try that at the moment but if someone has time and patience try this:

1. Flash latest nightly (I guess is working ok, have 26 on mine)

2. Flash remove modules to get some space

3. Flash offline speech module

4. Install Google search from play store

5. Give your feedback ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rhen
GApps and search module updated.

Recent changes:
- Google Search updated to v3.4.16.1149292.arm
- Cleaned up Core sharable libraries
- Packages now requires 3 MB free space after install. (previously this was 2 MB)
Edited by rhen

Guest hvy109

GApps and search module updated.

Recent changes:

- Google Search updated to v3.4.16.1149292.arm

- Cleaned up Core sharable libraries

- Packages now requires 3 MB free space after install. (previously this was 2 MB)

Thanks rhen!

• 1 month later...
Guest rhen

Please update GApps package for 4.4.3

Yeah, this is the plan, I was waiting for the 4.4.3 merge to do it, but now I'm not at home.

I'll do it tonight.

You can use the 4.4.3 with 4.4.2 gapps anyway.

Using 4.4.3 gapps on 4.4.2 is worse. That is why I have waited for 4.4.3 merge.

Guest rhen

GApps package update

Recent changes:

- Updated Core Base to Android 4.4.3 from Google Nexus 5 Factory Image.
- Google Play Store updated to v4.8.20
- Verified all apks are properly zipaligned - Thanks @LordNerevar for the heads up
- HDR support files from the Nexus 5 factory image have been added. This may help users who install Google Camera from the Play Store.

Please use it only on 20140608 or later version of CM11, or ROMs that are based on 4.4.3 android.
For 4.4.2, keep using the old version.

Please remove Google Play Sore update before flashing the update to save some (12MB) space on /data partition.

It looks like our ROM get's bigger and bigger as the time goes (GApps too. Now 2MB larger than previous version.). Now we have only 10MB left after the GApps installation.
Keep this in mind if you have installed some of the modules too.
Edited by rhen

Up-To-Date Play Services package introduced to save some space on /data (24MB). I didn't wanted to include this in the base gapps package to keep the gapps package "universal".

It replaces the existing one with the latest 4.4.52 (1174655-034) version.

Please remove Google Play Services update before flashing the update to save some (24MB) space on /data partition.

After the installation, there will be only 7MB free space remain on /system.

New version for 4.4.4 is up.

If you want to keep the Up-to-Date Play services on /system, install it again, after update.

Again need to be updated to 4.4.4 :blush:

You don't have to ask for every new version.

I update it regularly when I have time.

Guest IceTapanho

Are there any differences between this flashable Google services and the automatic update when installing the rom?

The same question goes to Google search, any advantages by flashing the addon modules?