GApps for CM11 (last updated: 2015-03-13)

Guest rhen

Guest theVenerable

Yea
I have the ascend y300  kit kat rom

maybe im using the wrong gapps

Can find one that works

I tried this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Theres to many to choose,what one works?
Direct link please because mediafire has about 10 versions of each file.

And it says its incompatible when i try to flash it

any ideas please?

Edited by theVenerable

Yea

I have the ascend y300  kit kat rom

maybe im using the wrong gapps

Can find one that works

I tried this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Theres to many to choose,what one works?

Direct link please because mediafire has about 10 versions of each file.

And it says its incompatible when i try to flash it

any ideas please?

These GApps packages only check for what version of android you have installed.

So if you installed CM11, all should be compatible.

Have you tried GApps package that is packed by me with the "Clean update" method? (See first post) (I just write it down again, because my GApps package is over 8000 download and only 5-6 people have had problem with the install, but this method work for them too.)

Edited by rhen

Guest theVenerable

These GApps packages only check for what version of android you have installed.

So if you installed CM11, all should be compatible.

Have you tried GApps package that is packed by me with the "Clean update" method? (See first post) (I just write it down again, because my GApps package is over 8000 download and only 5-6 people have had problem with the install, but this method work for them too.)

Hi, Thanks.

I think I tried yours eariler.

I found the problem with the ones I linked to.

SOME of the gapps packages are for android 4.3, others for 4.4 Rather confusing, and it didn't state they are mixed.

I made sure I downloaded a 4.4, and we are in business.

Thanks for the replies

Hey rhen, great way to make KK more usable. This will be my second try on KK and I hope I can make it as daily ROM(first time I tried it too early but I remember how fast it was).
I have couple of questions so bare with me :P
We need more space on /system for GEL and Offline speach... etc., am I right? Or is there any other reason? And how can I install GEL and will it work?
Do you have any tips on making KK better for daily use? Will it work with Supercharger tweak we have here on forum? 
I feel a little bit spoiled asking you this much questions, I hope you won't mind answering them :/
Great work you're doing, btw I use Orion ringtone 

Hey rhen, great way to make KK more usable. This will be my second try on KK and I hope I can make it as daily ROM(first time I tried it too early but I remember how fast it was).

I have couple of questions so bare with me :P

We need more space on /system for GEL and Offline speach... etc., am I right? Or is there any other reason? And how can I install GEL and will it work?

Do you have any tips on making KK better for daily use? Will it work with Supercharger tweak we have here on forum?

I feel a little bit spoiled asking you this much questions, I hope you won't mind answering them :/

Great work you're doing, btw I use Orion ringtone

Yep!

We need more space on system for these stuff.

I'm working on these modules as you see some post above.

I use it as a daily ROM.

I don't have experience with supercharger script and this type of things.

But on the Hungarian forum some people said that the 3D and graphics part of the supercharger script brings notable performance boost in games on CM11.

Edited by rhen

Poll ended.

First and second post updated.

New, modular GApps package available with many modules.

If you have further question or advice, write it in the comments.

Guest dubitoergosum

hi! I have a problem with installing google calendar, with the following message:

E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-google-calenar-signed.zip

(Status 6)

I did clean install and I do have the required space. (only added google play services, while removed live wallpapers and video editor, so theoretically I have 16-12+5,5+1,5=11 MB free pace, google calendar needs 1MB)

hi! I have a problem with installing google calendar, with the following message:

E:Error in /storage/sdcard1/pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20140111-google-calenar-signed.zip

(Status 6)

I did clean install and I do have the required space. (only added google play services, while removed live wallpapers and video editor, so theoretically I have 16-12+5,5+1,5=11 MB free pace, google calendar needs 1MB)

Thank you for report it. There was a typo error in this module's updater script.

I've uploaded the fixed one. You can download it.

Edited by rhen

Guest ProHunter

Hello rhen,i have one question,why 20140111-stripped is smaller than 20121230-stripped?Did you deleted something more from that build or size of apks are smaller? :)

Hello rhen,i have one question,why 20140111-stripped is smaller than 20121230-stripped?Did you deleted something more from that build or size of apks are smaller? :)

Check the version history. :P

Google Play services updated to v4.1.31 (965943-30) and removed from base install. (You can install it as a separate module on /system or from Play Store to /data.)

Nothing become smaller, moreover now Google Play Services is 3,5MB larger than previous one. Edited by rhen

After this update (2014-01-12) I can't configure my google account after a fresh install.

Just helped a guy to install CM11 an hour ago and it worked for him.

Have you formatted the /system partition before installied the ROM and GApps?

Have you wiped the /data partition?

Guest NBatalha

Just helped a guy to install CM11 an hour ago and it worked for him.

Have you formatted the /system partition before installied the ROM and GApps?

Have you wiped the /data partition?

Tried now, still doesn't work. It says: "There was a problem communicating with Google servers.". And during the initial configure of the phone, it asks for cm account, but after that is supposed to ask for a google account, but it doesn't happen.

Guest ProHunter

Hi,i have problems with 20140111-stripped,i had 20121231-stripped before that,i only wiped cache/dalvik and installed 20140111 version,and for me google play freezes when i open it,i had no problems with 20121231,did i done something wrong? :unsure:

Tried now, still doesn't work. It says: "There was a problem communicating with Google servers.". And during the initial configure of the phone, it asks for cm account, but after that is supposed to ask for a google account, but it doesn't happen.

Skip the CM account settings. After that, Google Account "wizard" should be started.

Maybe try to install google play services module too.

do a Wipe data /factory reset after install, start over the Android setup.

Hi,i have problems with 20140111-stripped,i had 20121231-stripped before that,i only wiped cache/dalvik and installed 20140111 version,and for me google play freezes when i open it,i had no problems with 20121231,did i done something wrong? :unsure:

Try to install google play services module too.

The 20140111 pack deletes the play services if you have already installed.

Maybe I have to put back Play Services to the base pack.

I removed it since it is available on the play store. [link]

Please report it back if installing Play Services is solved the problem or not?

Edited by rhen

Guest ProHunter

Skip the CM account settings. After that, Google Account "wizard" should be started.

Maybe try to install google play services module too.

do a Wipe data /factory reset after install, start over the Android setup.

Try to install google play services module too.

The 20140111 pack deletes the play services if you have already installed.

Maybe I have to put back Play Services to the base pack.

I removed it since it is available on the play store. [link]

Please report it back if installing Play Services is solved the problem or not?

It's working after installing play services... :)

Google Play services is now placed in the base install again. (Without Play Services, you can't connect to Google Accounts an play store doesn't work so it turns out it is essential)

If you updated to the 20140111 version on the last two days and haven't installed Play Services, please update your GApps package to the most recent one.

first and second post updated
Edited by rhen

Guest murtagh

Google Play services is now placed in the base install again. (Without Play Services, you can't connect to Google Accounts an play store doesn't work so it turns out it is essential)

If you updated to the 20140111 version on the last two days and haven't installed Play Services, please update your GApps package to the most recent one.

first and second post updated

Still shows "There was a problem communicating with Google servers.". I follow the guide (Clean update) on the first page but it still displays the same error. Any help? I can't install the module play services :/

Still shows "There was a problem communicating with Google servers.". I follow the guide (Clean update) on the first page but it still displays the same error. Any help? I can't install the module play services :/

You don't have to install Play Services Module.

Play services is in the Base pack now.

Have you installed the correct package what you have downloaded today?

It should be 44MB large. MD5 sum should be 6d0419d1fe7db0a5da60a38494e610d9

Edit: Just done a clean update and works for me.

Edited by rhen

Guest murtagh

You don't have to install Play Services Module.

Play services is in the Base pack now.

Have you installed the correct package what you have downloaded today?

It should be 44MB large. MD5 sum should be 6d0419d1fe7db0a5da60a38494e610d9

Edit: Just done a clean update and works for me.

I made something wrong yesterday. It already works, thanks :)

Guest rederik75

Nice work, thanks!

Regarding the modules, it would be nice to have a module for Maps/streetview.

Yes, it'a available in Play, but that way it would be easy to save space for user apps putting Maps in system/app/ ...