[ROM] RECA S005 [Updated! V1.1] [DEODEXED, ZIPALIGNED, ROOTED!] AROMA Installer featured

Guest bobbes

Guest goeneagoe

It could be caused by a few things:

1. Your LCD density. Set it back to 320. (run the installer and choose for update/modify, then choose normal density)

2.More likely: there are a few Google Apps issues with v1.0 of RECA ROM. Maybe this is why it cause a problem with Asphalt 8. RECA v1.1 is soon to be released where I fixed the crashes and errors of some system apps. In the meanwhile you can try to install http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip in CWM or TWRP

Remember to make a backup before you change anything....

Please let us know what fixed your problem.

Ty for the answer ,i try what you said but no chance to work :(( the ideea is when i install the rom in market astphalt 8 said no't compatible with your device ,and after i use xposed i can download it but i got that eror 942.

Thanks!!!

Guest bobbes

Ty for the answer ,i try what you said but no chance to work :(( the ideea is when i install the rom in market astphalt 8 said no't compatible with your device ,and after i use xposed i can download it but i got that eror 942.

Thanks!!!

Updated ROM version with several bug fixes. Could you please try the new version (clean install is best) and report if you still have problems installing Asphalt 8?

Guest wimmme

Please upload on MEDIAFIRE or ZIPPYSHARE or DevHOST 

Would love that too, can't get it from KingFiles without using their downloader rubbish.

I will try to flash it over v1 since I really don't have time atm to reïnstall my phone, even with Titanium ;-)

Uncheck ''I agree with KingFiles.net Terms & Conditions and download using recommended software'' and you can download without installing anything.

Edit. Speed it's pretty good , around 500 KO/sec.

Edited by FZR23

Guest bobbes

Uncheck ''I agree with KingFiles.net Terms & Conditions and download using recommended software'' and you can download without installing anything.

Edit. Speed it's pretty good , around 500 KO/sec.

Indeed! See screenshots below

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by bobbes

Guest dookiebfr

Hi,

Isn't this version more like v1.1.1? 

2 days ago i downloaded v1.1 with a different size... 

v1.0 529Mb
v1.1 518Mb
v1.1  (new version) 469Mb

Btw, you did a really nice job! 

Antutu bench results (v1.0):

Screenshot_2014_01_07_04_34_32.jpg

Edited by dookiebfr

Guest dookiebfr

2 more questions: 

1 - Why Nova Launcher if Acer Shell disabled? Don't get it...
2 - Have you made some changes that forces CPU governor and scheduler? Every time e reboot they change to ondemand and cfq...

My customization:

Removed:

Acer Shell Data

Android Live Wallpapers
Black Hole
Browser

Bubbles

com.android.wallpaper.holospiral

Email

Exchange Services

Gallery (i use quickpic cuz its much faster)

Home Screen Tips

HTML Viewer

Live Wallpaper Picker

Magic Smoke Wallpapers

Market Feedback Agent

Movie Studio

Music Visualization Wallpapers

My Style (if acer shell disabled)

News & Weather

Phase Beam

Picasa Uploader (cuz i dont use default gallery and don't want to upload to picasa)

Social Service

TalkBack

Installed:

Barcode scanner
Holo Launcher HD

CPU:
governor: msm-dcvs
scheduler: noop

LagFix Premium to trim all partitions: improves performance

Greenify and Tasker and SD Maid as a must.

Xposed modules:

GravityBox - To have reboot options
KitKat Toast Backport

Music2SD - can chose External SD Card as DIR for Google Music

Play Store Fixes - send "Normal" density so you can avoid problems installing apps from playstore.

Power Toggles and Beautiful Widgets to have controls and weather on extended status bar.

Also Removed unused apps from boot start (and also other autostarts) with Rom Toolbox.

Renamed qosmgr to qosmgr-bak in /System/Bin

Some build.prop still testing.

Can't remember more... :)

Guest wimmme

Stable and working! Yep, i'd say it's better.

I agree.

@dookiebfr, your setup looks freakily similar to mine ;-) Except that I use Nova Launcher Prime ...

Guest dookiebfr

I agree.

@dookiebfr, your setup looks freakily similar to mine ;-) Except that I use Nova Launcher Prime ...

Nice!

The phone gets freakin fast right? :)

Guest dookiebfr

One more thing:

Odexed Rom = +fast -difficult_customization +more_battery_life +better_stability +less_ram_utilization
Deodexed Rom = -slow +customization -less_battery_life -less_stability -worse_ram_manager

Think odexed rom is better.

EDIT: changed my mind about CPU and will give a try to cfq and ondemand.

BTW again: good work with ROM and Kernel - best until now!

Edited by dookiebfr

Am I the only one unable to download? I know free download sites are usually bad, but this one sucks bad among the bad, it only propose to download an .exe... No way I download an exe and launch it to download a zip, for one i am under linux so it would not work...but even if I was under windows not braindead enough to do that...

my bad: i should have read the page just before: uncheck "Agree to Kingsfile terms or service" and it works ok with very good speed after killing the annoying popups.

Edited by gkai

Guest dookiebfr

Am I the only one unable to download? I know free download sites are usually bad, but this one sucks bad among the bad, it only propose to download an .exe... No way I download an exe and launch it to download a zip, for one i am under linux so it would not work...but even if I was under windows not braindead enough to do that...

If you read previous posts you'd find it's not necessary to download exe crap...

If you read previous posts you'd find it's not necessary to download exe crap...

Yep, my bad, I have just seen it and downloading right now.

After all, this free download site is no worse than the other: on one hand the amount of advertising and popup is worse than the already crazy standard for those sites...and having to uncheck an agree checkbox to get a better experience is...strange...But after that, it is faster than all the other free downloads site i have used and it allows 500 MB unsplit so, ok ;-)

Edited by gkai

Guest dookiebfr

Yep, my bad, I have just seen it and downloading right now.

After all, this free download site is no worse than the other: on one hand the amount of advertising and popup is worse than the already crazy standard for those sites...and having to uncheck an agree checkbox to get a better experience is...strange...But after that, it is faster than all the other free downloads site i have used and it allows 500 MB unsplit so, ok ;-)

Yup! It works that's what matters :)

Guest bobbes

Hi,

hello everyone ..

recently i flashed reca rom

everything is great and all except the google play store ..

i've downloaded asphalt 8 market to get .. but when i download them i get this message : 

"Asphalt 8" could not be downloaded due to an error. (942)

can someone help me please ?

With other roms work .....but i really like this rom ,can anyone help me???

thanks !

If I try to download without a modyfied Google Play store is says that the Game isn't compatible with our device......so that's why it isn't working I assume. For other games/apps (wich are compatible) I didn't notice any problems

Hi,

Isn't this version more like v1.1.1? 

2 days ago i downloaded v1.1 with a different size... 

v1.0 529Mb

v1.1 518Mb

v1.1  (new version) 469Mb

Btw, you did a really nice job! 

Yeah......you're fast. While testing the "old" v1.1 there were still some bugs so I updated again. I thought no one had noticed the new version so I silently deleted is and uploaded a new one ;-)

One more thing:

Odexed Rom = +fast -difficult_customization +more_battery_life +better_stability +less_ram_utilization

Deodexed Rom = -slow +customization -less_battery_life -less_stability -worse_ram_manager

Think odexed rom is better.

EDIT: changed my mind about CPU and will give a try to cfq and ondemand.

BTW again: good work with ROM and Kernel - best until now!

I Dissagree: Where do you get that the battery life and stability would be better with odexed ROM? I assumed that it has nothing to do with it. If I'm wrong please give me the resources where you did find the information.

Also DeOdexed ROM is NOT slower. Only on first boot procedure because then the Dalvik Cache is created and it will take a while. Once created, the next (re)boot is as fast as with an Odexed ROM. Only when you delete Dalvik-cache the first (re)boot after that would be slower.

Please guys, keep in mind that this ROM is close to stock! I didn't make any changes to CPU gouvernors or other kernel parameters (except disabling /system write protection and adding init.d script support). Maybe I add some CPU gouvernors to the kernel in the future.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Guest wimmme

Yeah......you're fast. While testing the "old" v1.1 there were still some bugs so I updated again. I thought no one had noticed the new version so I silently deleted is and uploaded a new one ;-)

I learned in my professional life as a Deployment Engineer and Software Release Manager that you should never do that ;-)

There is always someone that downloads the minute you release, and explaining afterwards creates more hassle and explanation then doing it the right way :-)

And you might end up having users compalin about v1.1 while this has been corrected in the final version, even worse ...

Been there, done that, but never again :-D

But anyway, I love this ROM, and i agree, this is one of the best i used so far.

Having the speed and stability of the stock ROM, but with sytem r/w and every customisation by xposed, gravitybox, ....possible and working, nice !

And GPS working is a must (for RunKeeper and Sygic)

Tnx for all the effort !

Guest dookiebfr

If I try to download without a modyfied Google Play store is says that the Game isn't compatible with our device......so that's why it isn't working I assume. For other games/apps (wich are compatible) I didn't notice any problems

I Dissagree: Where do you get that the battery life and stability would be better with odexed ROM? I assumed that it has nothing to do with it. If I'm wrong please give me the resources where you did find the information.

Also DeOdexed ROM is NOT slower. Only on first boot procedure because then the Dalvik Cache is created and it will take a while. Once created, the next (re)boot is as fast as with an Odexed ROM. Only when you delete Dalvik-cache the first (re)boot after that would be slower.

Please guys, keep in mind that this ROM is close to stock! I didn't make any changes to CPU gouvernors or other kernel parameters (except disabling /system write protection and adding init.d script support). Maybe I add some CPU gouvernors to the kernel in the future.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Lately i've seen a bunch of people sayin that o xda, ex here.

I assume the one how wrote that made enough research to reach that conclusion. For many years i read people arguing and i think it's almost 50/50.

(Hope he didn't write that just to call for attention...)

As for the CPU that's weird bcuz i was using stock rom and after each reboot it kept the governor and scheduler, not the default values.