[ROM] RECA S005 [Updated! V1.1] [DEODEXED, ZIPALIGNED, ROOTED!] AROMA Installer featured

Guest bobbes

Guest execpwd
The "dead phone" symptom can also be related to the infamous "Sleep of Death" bug of Android 4.x. The "Safe Charge" app is a good cure for that.
The thing is that this phone doesn't die while charging, they simply shutdown while in standby. This happens more often after you lock the screen... Edited by execpwd

Guest dookiebfr

The "dead phone" symptom can also be related to the infamous "Sleep of Death" bug of Android 4.x. The "Safe Charge" app is a good cure for that.

Or you may try to rename qosmgr to something else and reboot. I found that this little bitch was the cause of many reboots and dead sleeps...

Guest execpwd

Or you may try to rename qosmgr to something else and reboot. I found that this little bitch was the cause of many reboots and dead sleeps...

Well , I didn't know that. Personally , if I'll encounter the problem again , I'll try that. xD

Guest execpwd

What is qosmgr exactly?

Qosmgr is actually the governor of the CPU. It has a certain number of rules to be followed. When an error occurs it simply kills the entire system by shuting it down. Renaming it, Android system is basically forced to create a new one ( a hidden one ) or runs on other rules. This 'QOSMGR' thing was first noticed on Sony Xperia devices - the phones were draining so much battery that they simply had to rebuild the stock ROMS (those rooted were luckier if they could change the kernel) ...

Forgot to mention : it's a Linux program.

Edited by execpwd

Guest execpwd

You mean the original SDs from Acer?

Problem solved. He meant the original Software ( Jellybean for WWGEN1 Acer models - a.k.a the flashable from stock recovery one )

Guest dookiebfr

Problem solved. He meant the original Software ( Jellybean for WWGEN1 Acer models - a.k.a the flashable from stock recovery one )

I think he really meant the update.zip from stock Rom, not the whole Rom.

Btw, any news on a possible Reca update?

No, except if something is broken. Then please tell me and I'll try to fix it. I use it as my daily ROM and experience no problems......

Maybe in the future an kernel update to add CPU gouvernors.

• 3 weeks later...

No, except if something is broken. Then please tell me and I'll try to fix it. I use it as my daily ROM and experience no problems......

Maybe in the future an kernel update to add CPU gouvernors.

I use it constantly too, and it works great. Very close to stock, with just the right changes.

BTW, did u compile the kernel or re-used another one? I wonder if USB ORG is activated...Well, I am waiting for OTG cables, I should know very soon :-) 

Guest elia.olgiati1

some pics would be nice...

used aroma installer before and it's nice....

i like it....all stock functionality but with more speed.... :D[/quote

nave you used the stock kernel?]

• 3 weeks later...

Since a few days my reca rom as not been a stable as when I first installed it...apart from somewhat lower battery life and occasional self reboot, the most systematic symptom I have is non working camera...launching the stock camera show a black screen with the control and a message "can not connect to camera" and all apps using front or back camera just show a black screen...a reboot solve the problem for a while, then after maybe 5h the same thing happen... clearing cache and dalvik cache didn't change anything...I think I will need a fresh reinstall, but I am on holiday right now si it will have to wait...Also, I did test usb host, seems the kernel do not support it...any chance to add it?

Edited by gkai

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Spacecaker

also 

i flashed the rom 

and when i goto camera 

or press the android version couple of times

it fcs systemui.

without editing or such o.O

clean rom

disabled acer shell

[ 03-22 14:30:20.977   918:  918 E/AndroidRuntime ]

FATAL EXCEPTION: main

java.lang.NullPointerException

at android.view.View$4.get(View.java:16673)

at android.view.View$4.get(View.java:16665)

at android.animation.PropertyValuesHolder.setupSetterAndGetter(PropertyValuesHolder.java:492)

at android.animation.ObjectAnimator.initAnimation(ObjectAnimator.java:392)

at android.animation.ValueAnimator.setCurrentPlayTime(ValueAnimator.java:495)

at android.animation.ValueAnimator.start(ValueAnimator.java:913)

at android.animation.ValueAnimator.start(ValueAnimator.java:923)

at android.animation.ObjectAnimator.start(ObjectAnimator.java:370)

at android.animation.AnimatorSet$DependencyListener.startIfReady(AnimatorSet.java:709)

at android.animation.AnimatorSet$DependencyListener.onAnimationStart(AnimatorSet.java:678)

at android.animation.ValueAnimator.notifyStartListeners(ValueAnimator.java:881)

at android.animation.ValueAnimator.start(ValueAnimator.java:916)

at android.animation.ValueAnimator.start(ValueAnimator.java:923)

at android.animation.ObjectAnimator.start(ObjectAnimator.java:370)

at android.animation.AnimatorSet.start(AnimatorSet.java:511)

at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.setStatusBarLowProfile(PhoneStatusBar.java:2061)

at com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBar.setSystemUiVisibility(PhoneStatusBar.java:2016)

at com.android.systemui.statusbar.CommandQueue$H.handleMessage(CommandQueue.java:305)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4777)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:789)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:556)

at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

log ^^ 

nvm found the issue xD
Edited by Spacecaker