[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest GizmoTheGreen

Hello!

Thanks KonstaT for the great ROMs.

Yesterday i tried the CM11 and i have questions. I didn't find where can i add/remove start screens? I noticed there are less screen options than CM10.2. Will it change or is it final?

When the phone started after the install, i chose hungarian language and the menu was half english, half hungarian.

Keep up the good work.

simply clean a screen of widgets/icons and it will dissappear!

make sure your "default" screen in launcher settings match or it won't show anything at all! ^^

Guest peetu20

why can i not install chainfire on cm 11 on my blade 3

Chainfire doesnt even support android newer than gb, when I last looked up to it.

Half of apps will not work with KitKat yet.

Guest Riddermark

Happy holidays everyone! And special thanks to KonstaT for this wonderful port. I hope your talent and dedication get noticed where it counts sooner!

Now I'd like to report a few things which bother me but keep in mind I'm really new to this custom roms scene so don't kill me right away ;)

1.There's a very annoying issue with 3G internet. Most noticeable while listening to music with Apollo or playing a game like Robot Unicorn Attack 2 (dont judge me ;D). Basically what happens is - while data usage is on at a random interval the music or gameplay freezes for a part of a second and everything stops then carries on.

The intervals aren't small though but I had a chance to test it while listening to music today for about 2 hours and having my 3g on - for viber and other stuff. The interrupts weren't caused by app notifications, not sure whats the issue. While playing the game it visually does freezes for a part of a second and goes on. I'm assuming its the 3G because when it's OFF i do not get this slow down or hiccup in-game.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

2.This isn't so much of an issue as a question - after a fresh install on the 3rd screen there's this My Library widget which does nothing. Tapping it's upper-right corner gives me an "app not installed" message. Did I mess something up?

3.Sound on my ZTE Blade 3 has always been horrible. Very quiet and unsatisfactory - but when you boost the bass and other options through the DPS Manager it becomes crackling, hissing and it just does nothing to improve it.

However I accidentally stumbled upon an app that ports sony's xloud to virtually any phone. Ours was not in the tested list but I went ahead and installed it anyway. The difference has been astounding - I can crank up all dsp settings to the extreme and all volumes to the max - and with headphones and speaker there's no hissing, cracking, distortion or anything. Well it doesn't make it much louder but for me it was a significant improvement. I have no idea if I'm allowed to post a link to this xloud port here - so just google it in the store. It's russian made.

The question here is - if others have similar sound issues and if they care to try and test it themselves - would KonstaT consider integrating this port in the future versions of this rom? As I believe it really improves things in that aspect.

Thanks for the attention everyone and thank you KonstaT for all your work!

PS: I have also gotten "android.process.media has stopped" a few times without touching any settings myself related to ART but haven't gotten it for a while. I'll keep an eye and report if I find a way to reproduce it.

Edited by Riddermark

Guest t.katsandris

Thank you very much :D , I love this rom , can I somehow install an unbranded stock firmware ? I bought the cellphone 3 days ago and I instantly rooted it and flashed this rom but I want to try the stock firmware

Guest t.katsandris

Happy holidays everyone! And special thanks to KonstaT for this wonderful port. I hope your talent and dedication get noticed where it counts sooner!

Now I'd like to report a few things which bother me but keep in mind I'm really new to this custom roms scene so don't kill me right away ;)

1.There's a very annoying issue with 3G internet. Most noticeable while listening to music with Apollo or playing a game like Robot Unicorn Attack 2 (dont judge me ;D). Basically what happens is - while data usage is on at a random interval the music or gameplay freezes for a part of a second and everything stops then carries on.

The intervals aren't small though but I had a chance to test it while listening to music today for about 2 hours and having my 3g on - for viber and other stuff. The interrupts weren't caused by app notifications, not sure whats the issue. While playing the game it visually does freezes for a part of a second and goes on. I'm assuming its the 3G because when it's OFF i do not get this slow down or hiccup in-game.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

2.This isn't so much of an issue as a question - after a fresh install on the 3rd screen there's this My Library widget which does nothing. Tapping it's upper-right corner gives me an "app not installed" message. Did I mess something up?

3.Sound on my ZTE Blade 3 has always been horrible. Very quiet and unsatisfactory - but when you boost the bass and other options through the DPS Manager it becomes crackling, hissing and it just does nothing to improve it.

However I accidentally stumbled upon an app that ports sony's xloud to virtually any phone. Ours was not in the tested list but I went ahead and installed it anyway. The difference has been astounding - I can crank up all dsp settings to the extreme and all volumes to the max - and with headphones and speaker there's no hissing, cracking, distortion or anything. Well it doesn't make it much louder but for me it was a significant improvement. I have no idea if I'm allowed to post a link to this xloud port here - so just google it in the store. It's russian made.

The question here is - if others have similar sound issues and if they care to try and test it themselves - would KonstaT consider integrating this port in the future versions of this rom? As I believe it really improves things in that aspect.

Thanks for the attention everyone and thank you KonstaT for all your work!

PS: I have also gotten "android.process.media has stopped" a few times without touching any settings myself related to ART but haven't gotten it for a while. I'll keep an eye and report if I find a way to reproduce it.

I got the "android.process.media has stopped" when I tried to open the camera yesterday , I just rebooted the phone and *poof* problem solved

Thank you very much :D , I love this rom , can I somehow install an unbranded stock firmware ? I bought the cellphone 3 days ago and I instantly rooted it and flashed this rom but I want to try the stock firmware

Hi, look at the stickied stock ROM thread on this forum and you will find the link to download the relevant firmware for your phone and instructions on how to do it. Personally I wouldn't bother as this is miles better than stock but I suppose you wouldn't know what you are missing :)

Guest Marinche

Thank you KonstaT, have been using your roms since I bought this phone and am always looking forward to see more from your work! and this one is just awesome, works much smoother for me than the previous jelly bean.. 

keep up the good work! 

Guest boros2222

Dear Konstat,

I found an issue or something in the rom. I was reading this forum and I saw that other people experienced this, too.

I met this issue before a few times. I'm using dalvik runtime. My issue is sometimes a window comes up with this message: android.process.media has stopped. When I press OK, it comes back after a few seconds. I still don't know what brings this issue up, it comes in random time. I attached a photo about it (when this issue comes up, taking screenshots doesn't work). I hope you can find the solution for this. I'm trying to get logcat about it and I will post it later.

Thanks in advance!

post-977854-0-41898700-1388145487_thumb.

Oh and yes, reboot solves it, but later it comes up again.

Edited by boros2222

Thanks for the ROM!

I had that android.process.media issue aswell, it comes around tipically in 2-3 days.

Me too. Any idea about what's causing it?

[Portuguese ZTE Skate Acqua]

Guest Riddermark

I've installed Logcat Extreme and started Apollo following the log closely. This happens when 3G is on and it makes the track stop and continue for a part of the second. Very annoying hiccup:

12-27 19:17:03.795 109 29397 W

AudioSink: Event Underrun

12-27 19:17:03.795 109 29397 D AudioSink:

Callback!

then it carries on

Guest boros2222

I'm working on it, Konstat. The problem is, I don't know what causes it and I don't know when I shall turn it on.

Edited by boros2222

Guest Snap.IT

It already does that. I asked her to 'make me a sandwich' and she didn't respond very politely. ;)

You have install Google Search from the Play Store, right? None of the Google apps that can be installed from the Play Store are included in the OP's gapps package.

New features will only work with LPA incorporated into the build, using them drains battery like hell and absilutely not worth it unless you got true LPA and no one has that at this point (even though some chipsets are fronting it and failing miserably, draining battery while being connected to the charger in LPA mode, we need experimental QC drivers to accomplish it and it breaks audio completely to use them because we don't have the LL drivers in the kernel)

Guest Zsebes01

The ROM is very good and fast,but camera app is sometimes crash if i take a photo....please if its possible fix it :)

Btw thanks the ROM and keep up your good work.

Best regards :)

Guest Something Wierd

The ROM is very good and fast,but camera app is sometimes crash if i take a photo....please if its possible fix it :)

Btw thanks the ROM and keep up your good work.

Best regards :)

Logcat maybe?

I dont have any issues with it,but i dont really use it.