[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

No, I highly doubt I'm going to do much for this device anymore. I've got new toys, and considering what you get for 50€ these days - this device is just plain horrible.

Agreed! [emoji14]

Guest KonstaT

why i cannot download the PAC rom ? link does work :(

You might have better chances of finding out if you posted to the right thread. This has nothing to do with CM11...

Guest Whitealert

I have the same issue on my two ZTE Blade 3 phones. I have used the workaround: set the "keep wi-fi on during sleep" to always, and then use the application "Screen off Internet off" and set it to disable wifi when the screen goes off in 10 sec, and to enable the wifi when screen turns on in 0 sec. This works even better for me and saves the battery even better then the the original way because "keep wifi on during sleep only when plugged in" doesn't turn off wifi immediately when put to sleep but after 10-15 minutes.

I reinstalled the ROM and it worked fine for 2 days, but yesterday the problem came again. I don't do anything really.

Thx for the solution, I'll try it.

Guest Szegab

"Afaik skvalex's call recorder needs kernel support and I don't see how it would have worked with any ROM on this device."

Could you tell me how can I apply two-way call recording in to the kitkat 4.4.4 kernel?

Guest Vlado_KV

I don't know which one you mean but it must be much faster. :P

No, I highly doubt I'm going to do much for this device anymore. I've got new toys, and considering what you get for 50€ these days - this device is just plain horrible.

You did what?

CyanogenMod has root access by default, you don't need to root it. Why are you flashing stock recovery if you're trying to use ClockWorkMod?

English please guys.

I tried to return stock rom, but this happened    https://www.sendspace.com/file/q6gesi     how to fix it? and i have cm 11 4.4.4 from then my phone start buging. when i go over sensors display is canceled until it locks and unlocks the phone.

Guest ZteLegend

I tried to return stock rom, but this happened    https://www.sendspace.com/file/q6gesi     how to fix it? and i have cm 11 4.4.4 from then my phone start buging. when i go over sensors display is canceled until it locks and unlocks the phone.

Just when I thought I saw it all

Never happened to me

Did you follow the instructions?

And you can't flash stock with CM

Guest Riddermark

KonstaT can I ask you, completely off-topic, if you have an opinion on the Doogee brand of chinese phones. They seem to have great specs at a very affordable price and a cyanogenmod port for them would be interesting if at all possible. Just to get your thoughts on that would be cool, thanks!

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT can I ask you, completely off-topic, if you have an opinion on the Doogee brand of chinese phones. They seem to have great specs at a very affordable price and a cyanogenmod port for them would be interesting if at all possible. Just to get your thoughts on that would be cool, thanks!

Those devices have MediaTek chipset like most 'noname' Chinese manufacturer's devices do. MediaTek is infamous for their lack of developer resources and GPL violations. There's tens/hundreds of millions of MediaTek devices sold without appropriate kernel source never being released. And there's no documentation for their userspace Android modification either.

There's slim to none chances that any of those devices will ever receive usable CyanogenMod port (or any ROM based on AOSP source code). You'd have to settle with hacking your stock ROM. There's been nothing but empty promises so far about bringing AOSP to MediaTek devices (e.g. FAEA fiasco, Omnirom & Oppo R819 fiasco). Only recently there's been a little progress in bringing CM11 to now already outdated MTK6589.

If you want to run AOSP based ROMs like CyanogenMod, you better stick with Qualcomm hardware or something that is close to/is a Nexus.

Guest Riddermark

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. So very generally it's a sacrifice of customizability for preformance at low price. And lower quality in general - but at these prices does it really matter? Im planning to give it a go and see how bad those really are :D

Guest KonstaT

Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. So very generally it's a sacrifice of customizability for preformance at low price. And lower quality in general - but at these prices does it really matter? Im planning to give it a go and see how bad those really are :D

And by performance you mean moar-cores (must be better!) and benchmark scores from the cracked AnTuTu that comes shipped with the device... :P

Guest Riddermark

No, I don't know nearly enough to suggest these things. Notice that ended all that in a question mark - I have no clue. I don't even know if cores matter when it comes to phones. So it was more of an inquisitive statement to get your opinion - if they can get the job done despite the inferior quality :P

Guest dubstep774

I have a rather stupid question but heck I'm gona ask anyways. Where is the option to hide app icons from the app drawer? I used to be able to hide some app icons like for example the custom dynamic wallpapers icons. One of those dynamic wallpapers I have recently updated and I used to have it's icon hidden butt after the update it reapeared and I just can't find that hide apps option.

Guest KonstaT

Hello, I have a really important question!: How can I install the original firmware? I download the original Android Version from here: http://zte.w-support.com/geraeteinformation

But how can I install this? Please help!

Lol, package comes with installation instructions and it's still too difficult. ;)

How about you head to stock ROMs thread anyway. It's all explained there. Since I'm sure it's too difficult to find too, here's a link.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361786-zte-blade-iii-stock-roms/

Guest KonstaT

I already read this topic. But there isn't a "recovery.img" file. So I can't install "update.zip". That's my problem. =/

And I also read the .pfd file. But I can't install it, because I get a Error Message from ClockWorkMod.

Well, if you've read that, why are you still posting to this thread? This has absolutely nothing to do with CM11.

Also you clearly didn't read it very well, because there's a warning written with red letters telling you not to install stock firmware with ClockWorkMod...

Guest KonstaT

Because I am using CM11. And now I have to change to the original Stock ROM. But I already install ClockWorkMod to install CM11. And there aren't any possibilities to install the original Stock ROM without ClockWorkMod because my Device always boot into CWM if I press the + and the Shutdown Button. So I really don't know what to do.. :(

And with that same logic you would be posting to stock ROMs thread if you had issues installing ClockWorkMod or CyanogenMod...

Just read the first post of stock ROMs thread. Everything is already explained there. And if you still have issues, post it to the right thread if you expect anyone to help you.

Android 4.4 KitKat introduced a new Chromium webview that doesn't work with our ancient display drivers. That's why we've forward ported classic webview that was used in previous Android versions. Android 4.4.3 introduced bunch of updates to Chromium webview and it also broke the old webkit. There were some quick fixes by anroidarmv6 guys to fix build but it's likely not quite there yet. I've been waiting for Qualcomm to update it because it was initially their implementation for KitKat anyway (https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/platform/external/webkit/). No sign of it yet though.

I could reproduce similar issues with image rendering on another device while using classic webview. I never saw it on my Blade III though. I think I hunted it down to some change between 8th and 11th june, but it might have broken all along since 4.4.3.

About that image rendering bug: i can confirm that it exist in stock browser, but in firefox there is no problem in viewing images (i opened same pages, and tested it.... so far, no problems)

Guest borisp71

Hi,

does any have problem with network? I have CM 11 4.4.4 but, I constantly loosing incoming calls. There is no any notification of incoming call, just sms with notice for missing call. Is there any test or solution for this?

Thx

Guest Something Wierd

Hi,

does any have problem with network? I have CM 11 4.4.4 but, I constantly loosing incoming calls. There is no any notification of incoming call, just sms with notice for missing call. Is there any test or solution for this?

Thx

Dont have it,but you might want to change your network mode to only 2g or 3g.If you are in a place that is on the edge of the 3g network(the signal is low) it will constantly switch between 2g and 3g(speaking from personal expirience).And if that does not help,try to do a full wipe before flashing this rom.

Guest borisp71

Dont have it,but you might want to change your network mode to only 2g or 3g.If you are in a place that is on the edge of the 3g network(the signal is low) it will constantly switch between 2g and 3g(speaking from personal expirience).And if that does not help,try to do a full wipe before flashing this rom.

It's switched to 2G default. I already do several time clean install, but problem stay. In older 4.3 that was not problem.

Edited by borisp71