[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest bezkintos

Sorry, this is probably little offtopic...

Something unexpected happened to me today when I tried to restore from backup through cwm (the same I have used to create backup).

I did this steps:

1. mounts and storage -> format /system
2. wipe data and factory reset
3. backup and restore -> restore

But I got MD5 mismatch!?

It is the same backup that I already previously used for restore 2 or 3 times so there shouldn't be nothing wrong with backup file.

But I can't remember if I did steps 1 and 2 before or I just went directly with step 3... - Could that be the reason? - I don't see why but I would like somebody to confirm.

Another thing is that after the last succesfull restore I renamed the backup file (through windows) - Could that be the reason? - I found some forum posts with people expirience MD5 mismatch after renaming backup file but their problem was that they have put some spaces in the filename. I have just add the 4.4.4 prefix. I renamed it back but it didn't help so I had to go throug the clean install from begining... I would like to know the reason so I don't make the same mistake next time.

Guest KonstaT

Greetings

I have ZTE Blade III (fw 4.0.4) and I'd like to flash it with this custom ROM (2.7).

It's the first time I'm trying to flash custom ROM so I've got a few questions, please:

Based on posts #1 and #3 (how to install) it says: 

and

So, the first quote means that first of all I have to install Android SDK, and using that to install CWM and TWRP to the phone ?

And for the second quote, the step #1 "boot into ClockWorkMod", means (based on this guide) that I have to:

Also. do you know if the USB drivers work ok in win8.1 x64 ?

I just finished flashing, and now I've got Android 4.4.4. I'm glad :D

Great thanks and respect to KonstaT for his tremendous work :)

Thanks a lot for your helpful post!

Just a few notes though, about the rooting procedure:

it proved that zteblade3.com has the newest drivers of all.

In fact it had 5.2066.1.A14B04

while, the dropbox link you gave has B02

and even the ZTE site has B01.

Anyway, the problem was, using either of the above drivers (starting with B02, as you suggested)

with the unlockbootloader.exe tool (launched as admin) you suggested,

the rooting wouldn't work:

after I pressed "root your phone" it started the procedure,

but, it was displaying some errors among successful messages, and it exited automatically,

and the rooting didn't succeed.

On the other hand, the procedure described in zteblade.com worked great.

After the rooting, I used Terminal Emulator to flash CWM (recovery-cwm6049-atlas40.img).

Then following the instructions, I booted to CWM, did backup and format,

and then, what made me afraid a bit,

was that, during "wipe data and factory reset", the phone rebooted by itself, and hung at the android logo.

No big deal though; I turned it off, then starting it again with power+vol.up and it started CWM

and did once more "wipe data and factory reset" which now completed successfully.

Then finally I flashed the cm and gapp ZIPs.

What is this sudden urge to execute all kinds of random files when there's no way of knowing what they'll do to your computer or your device (e.g. wtf is unlockbootloader.exe and what is it needed for? - this device doesn't even have a locked bootloader!)?

There's clear instructions how to install ClockWorkMod that is needed to install ROMs posted on this forum. If that is too difficult to follow, you shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Sorry, this is probably little offtopic...

Something unexpected happened to me today when I tried to restore from backup through cwm (the same I have used to create backup).

I did this steps:

1. mounts and storage -> format /system

2. wipe data and factory reset

3. backup and restore -> restore

But I got MD5 mismatch!?

It is the same backup that I already previously used for restore 2 or 3 times so there shouldn't be nothing wrong with backup file.

But I can't remember if I did steps 1 and 2 before or I just went directly with step 3... - Could that be the reason? - I don't see why but I would like somebody to confirm.

Another thing is that after the last succesfull restore I renamed the backup file (through windows) - Could that be the reason? - I found some forum posts with people expirience MD5 mismatch after renaming backup file but their problem was that they have put some spaces in the filename. I have just add the 4.4.4 prefix. I renamed it back but it didn't help so I had to go throug the clean install from begining... I would like to know the reason so I don't make the same mistake next time.

Your backup likely got corrupted on your sdcard when you renamed it. You didn't do anything wrong, just bad luck. That's happed few times to me too.

Guest kwstas1979
What is this sudden urge to execute all kinds of random files when there's no way of knowing what they'll do to your computer or your device (e.g. wtf is unlockbootloader.exe and what is it needed for? - this device doesn't even have a locked bootloader!)?

There's clear instructions how to install ClockWorkMod that is needed to install ROMs posted on this forum. If that is too difficult to follow, you shouldn't be doing this in the first place.

Hey, don't be so harsh.... 

Rooting was the only thing I did that was extra - after the rooting I followed your guides from the sticky and from post #3 to install your builds of CWM and Cyanogenmod - I did nothing different.

And, most of the guides I read, involved rooting the phone before installing CWM. That's why I thought that it's a necessary step.

Anyway, before I tried that rooting tool (from here), I've found in also a lot pages ( including xda-delelopers forum and a greek forum, myphone.gr) that it works, ok. And it did work.

The forum member, MJonMoDaCo, suggested among other things, that set of drivers + tool(he suggested that tool for rooting, which is also capable of  - not for unlocking bootloader!). The tool proved inappropriate (that wasn't my fault, and how could I know before I use it) (btw the drivers he suggested were digitally signed, so it were not random..)

Even so, I googled before trying that tool out and there were mentions (incl. the two forums I mentioned) that it worked in other cases.

Edited by kwstas1979

Guest bezkintos

Your backup likely got corrupted on your sdcard when you renamed it. You didn't do anything wrong, just bad luck. That's happed few times to me too.

Thank you KonstatT very much for you feedback!

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hey, don't be so harsh.... 

Rooting was the only thing I did that was extra - after the rooting I followed your guides from the sticky and from post #3 to install your builds of CWM and Cyanogenmod - I did nothing different.

And, most of the guides I read, involved rooting the phone before installing CWM. That's why I thought that it's a necessary step.

Anyway, before I tried that rooting tool (from here), I've found in also a lot pages ( including xda-delelopers forum and a greek forum, myphone.gr) that it works, ok. And it did work.

The forum member, MJonMoDaCo, suggested among other things, that set of drivers + tool(he suggested that tool for rooting, which is also capable of  - not for unlocking bootloader!). The tool proved inappropriate (that wasn't my fault, and how could I know before I use it) (btw the drivers he suggested were digitally signed, so it were not random..)

Even so, I googled before trying that tool out and there were mentions (incl. the two forums I mentioned) that it worked in other cases.

And yes, truth be told, it's not necessary for that process (rooting) It's just one that worked for me, and as this phone has the same layout, I hoped it to work. Or so I thought.

It's a rooting program for the Huawei U8818. Most importantly it works for the Acqua at least, and I've used it.... Oooh, about 20 times now.... I guess it is my bad assumption if it doesn't work for the BladeIII too, as the partitions are the same (I've paused the routine that comes up on screen and seen the code!). As yes, it's not needed for the bootloader, as you rightly mention. Although it does bring up a notification on the screen (not the notification bar) about shell permissions being granted during the routine, so, it's hardly done anything bad with it at least - or I might possibly have never been able to install a custom ROM at all.

But I got MD5 mismatch!?

That's because the backup is stored on the sdcard you normally use, and it's now corrupting the file enough to change the MD5 checksum. It's always handy having a second sdcard (or PC hard drive), to back the backup (therefore making a second backup) just for this purpose. It also helps if that second sdcard is not too worn (well used), but it can be small (4GB is enough). KonstaT is right though:

Changing the name of the ROM on the phone does funny things. Yet doing it from PC then copying it over doesn't  :blink:

Why oh why? Answers on the back of an envelope to:

Does anyone knows how to fix "screen of death" problem when dialing ?
When i call someone, screen goes black, and no way to turn it on, no way to cancel phone call !!!

So if i dial someone, and there is no answer. i must wait 2 minutes until disconect.

Also, there is no way to end call.

And, if i need info from my phone in the middle on conversation (phone number of another person, time, anything), i can't do that.

I must confirm that this is not a hardwer issue !

Proximity sensor is working fine with stock rom, i tried it.

So, i'm not interested in workarounds (power button ends call), i want to know if someone fixed this problem?
Thanks

P.S. This is not a periodical problem, it occures all the time.

Guest KonstaT

Does anyone knows how to fix "screen of death" problem when dialing ?

When i call someone, screen goes black, and no way to turn it on, no way to cancel phone call !!!

So if i dial someone, and there is no answer. i must wait 2 minutes until disconect.

Also, there is no way to end call.

And, if i need info from my phone in the middle on conversation (phone number of another person, time, anything), i can't do that.

I must confirm that this is not a hardwer issue !

Proximity sensor is working fine with stock rom, i tried it.

So, i'm not interested in workarounds (power button ends call), i want to know if someone fixed this problem?

Thanks

P.S. This is not a periodical problem, it occures all the time.

But this isn't a stock ROM, is it. Verify that you get a proper reading from the proximity sensor on CM using e.g. CPU-Z.

If not, 1) make a clean install following instructions on the third post and check again. If still not working, 2) search this thread with magic word 'proximity' and flash the zip you'll find.

Seriously, come on! This has been asked and andwered about a million times already. It's even just answered on the previous page and on a page before that!

Guest FollowWings

will you continue your work?! Sorry if you already answered before.. So maybe an android 5.0 update for this phone?! I know it will be a bit hard cause the nextgens,

but I read a wrote that 5.0 will be available for most low spec phone too!
Thank you for everything and have a nice day! ;-)

Guest KonstaT

will you continue your work?! Sorry if you already answered before.. So maybe an android 5.0 update for this phone?! I know it will be a bit hard cause the nextgens,

but I read a wrote that 5.0 will be available for most low spec phone too!

Thank you for everything and have a nice day! ;-)

I'm not giving up hacking Android and other open source mobile OS's. ;)

I just don't have this device anymore so I guess you know what that means...

I'm not giving up hacking Android and other open source mobile OS's. ;)

I just don't have this device anymore so I guess you know what that means...

Unsupported, Untested new rom? :D

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Unsupported, Untested new rom? :D

Devices may not receive the latest version of Android if they fall outside of the update window, traditionally around 18 months after a device release.

Source: Official Google Support

It works !!!

This is zip that needs to be flashed, if someone else experience the same problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mvzkukx8h3m9vb7/AAAttVImGxR0phs0IaybzJQJa/Acqua/proxcal.zip

Thanks for pointing out in right direction.

^^

Good on ya. Although...

This is most definitely a workaround.

Yeah, "power button end calls"  is a workaround, but i was looking for a more flashable solution ;-)

If i don't have to flash this zip  all the time (after restart or something like that), then this would be a permanent fix.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yeah, "power button end calls"  is a workaround, but i was looking for a more flashable solution ;-)

The "workaround" I was talking about IS the zip you mention.

If i don't have to flash this zip  all the time (after restart or something like that), then this would be a permanent fix.

It's permanent in the sense that once you flash it it's set on at boot-time. It's an init.d script that calibrates the proximity sensor on your device. It shouldn't really be happening on your device, but it's easy enough to add in to your ROM zip, if you look hard enough, and aren't too shy to update your update-script.

If that scares you, then just flash the zip file after re-flashing this ROM. You'll only have to do it once, and in fact, (if you look a page or two back), I've had troubles trying to get my camcorder going because I flashed it twice (from two different packages).

Glad you fixed it though. That question won't be going away in a hurry I don't think, so it'd be nice if those who are aware of the problem help out those that do have it.

I built today's cm11, seems to work.  If you have previously installed cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip , no need to wipe/factory reset—just install cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip and reboot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9h02pRWKaODS3o2aHEtZGF5czA/view?usp=sharing

md5:dfe5f819302a51f133c11ef3b9dca78b

keccak512:8986cf5864f02ad0aae00cd31655cc4f1edd0072584b893ca05128ab9e8defc55d386d0b73b5c79c9e97257308214d2bee5a6a1fbf4e57b90a2ba84ac3974aec

177882311 bytes

Guest KonstaT

I built today's cm11, seems to work.  If you have previously installed cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip , no need to wipe/factory reset—just install cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip and reboot.

keccak512:8986cf5864f02ad0aae00cd31655cc4f1edd0072584b893ca05128ab9e8defc55d386d0b73b5c79c9e97257308214d2bee5a6a1fbf4e57b90a2ba84ac3974aec

177882311 bytes

Well done. :) It's a bit surprising if nothing has gotten broken in these past few months or that it even still builds successfully.

Guest Le Cosaque

177882311 bytes

Have you tested streaming audio on a bluetooth headset? Because there was a problem before with audio drops from 1 to 2 seconds... Is that fixed?

Well done. :) It's a bit surprising if nothing has gotten broken in these past few months or that it even still builds successfully.

Yeah, I was surprised it built ok  :P

This is the last thing  I do for my blade III, the glass is cracked and it is annoyingly slow etc..

Have you tested streaming audio on a bluetooth headset? Because there was a problem before with audio drops from 1 to 2 seconds... Is that fixed?

Haven't tried, no bluetooth devices. The latest change to kernel is Konsta's Jun 6 2014 commit, so if the drop is due to kernel, the bug still exists.

Also, I didn't try doing clean install (factory reset).

Guest hbogdanov

177882311 bytes

Can you provide some more info - what's new, what fixed?