[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Can you provide some more info - what's new, what fixed?

Can't find a page which shows all changes since 20140702 excluding device-specific changes, but here some:

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/hammerhead/

(you can ignore all with android_device_lge_hammerhead tag)

I submitted feedback to cmxlog.com about this issue..

Edited by Otila

Guest KonstaT

Who can built Android 5.0 when google relase final version?

Didn't you just volunteer? :P

Can you provide some more info - what's new, what fixed?

It should have four months worth of updates from upstream CyanogenMod. There's also few bluetooth changes I've pushed to my github after the last build I released. Just be happy if anything hasn't got broken since.

Can't find a page which shows all changes since 20140702 excluding device-specific changes, but here some:

http://www.cmxlog.com/11/hammerhead/

(you can ignore all with android_device_lge_hammerhead tag)

I submitted feedback to cmxlog.com about this issue..

There's always been a link to gerrit in the second post that does exactly that.

Guest merc1800k

hi there

can someone to tell me it is possible to swap internal sd to external (micro sd card) all apps and data?

i use android kitkat 4.4

thanks

Guest hbogdanov

I built today's cm11, seems to work.  If you have previously installed cm-11-20140702-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip , no need to wipe/factory reset—just install cm-11-20141101-UNOFFICIAL-atlas40.zip and reboot.

Looks stable for now, no problems since yesterday. Excellent work Otila!

Guest KonstaT

Looks stable for now, no problems since yesterday. Excellent work Otila!

Not to take anything away from anyone but I'm quite sure it's technically still my work. ;) Someone just followed my guide in the third post to compile more recent build from my sources.

http://www.gadgtspot.com/2014/10/31/roundtable-cyanogenmod-12-roadmap-leaked-fun-times-ahead/

Last time I tried to enable encryption, it did not work on Blade III. What's the current status?

This device has never had a "CM sanctioned release" so what's the problem here?

You try and tell me. I don't even have a device to test with. There was no problem with the encryption itself. Iirc it was an issue with display not unblanking after decryption and I've told you few ways how to work around that.

Not to take anything away from anyone but I'm quite sure it's technically still my work. ;) Someone just followed my guide in the third post to compile more recent build from my sources.

This device has never had a "CM sanctioned release" so what's the problem here?

You try and tell me. I don't even have a device to test with. There was no problem with the encryption itself. Iirc it was an issue with display not unblanking after decryption and I've told you few ways how to work around that.

Definitely, thanks to Konsta and Cyanogenmod team.

I found your earlier post 

http://www.modaco.com/topic/360987-devrom179-cyanogenmod-101-android-422/page-16#entry2125071

..in case someone feels adventurous and wants to try encryption.  I probably will not bother trying to get CM-12 working on this device.

Guest anonymous-user77

@KonstaT I can confirm also theres no issues building from your sources for Atlas40 (Blade III) and due to the fact your keeping LegacyMod in-check everything is working as it should......thank you. I`ve made loads of builds over the past month and a half and all work fine. 

I just got new Blade3 and installed this rom to it.. everything else seems to work nicely, but the leds are not working in the way I want. I try to disable them .. for charging and they will come light up after 5..10 secods. Is there any solution for that?

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/red/brightness
echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/green/brightness

Will shut these leds, but coming back. I have tried everything what I imagine. And I tried to monitor those files with tasker, but nothing changes in those .. If I can believe to tasker when they light up. But If I then do some looping for those files .. it will shut leds, but not so nice fix.

Guest theflawless

I flashed this and Currently WiFi is not working. What I meant by not working is that in logcat wifi changes to enabled(can't grab a logcat right now) but in the wifi settings on the cell it's saying "Enabling Wifi" or whatever that says. I tried several modules(from patches and whatnot) without success. I'm stuck right now hence this post. Any ideas?

Guest KonstaT

I just got new Blade3 and installed this rom to it.. everything else seems to work nicely, but the leds are not working in the way I want. I try to disable them .. for charging and they will come light up after 5..10 secods. Is there any solution for that?

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/red/brightness

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/green/brightness

Will shut these leds, but coming back. I have tried everything what I imagine. And I tried to monitor those files with tasker, but nothing changes in those .. If I can believe to tasker when they light up. But If I then do some looping for those files .. it will shut leds, but not so nice fix.

Charging LED can't be disabled (because it refuses to stay disabled like you've noticed :P). Only reason there's an option in the menu is because there is not intelligent way to hide.

It's most likely some strange kernel issue, but not in the LED driver itself (already went through it couple of times). It's more bizarre that this only happens when you're charging with wall charger (AC mode). It doesn't happen when charging in USB mode.

I flashed this and Currently WiFi is not working. What I meant by not working is that in logcat wifi changes to enabled(can't grab a logcat right now) but in the wifi settings on the cell it's saying "Enabling Wifi" or whatever that says. I tried several modules(from patches and whatnot) without success. I'm stuck right now hence this post. Any ideas?

Clean installation following instructions in the third post? Don't restore your wifi passwords from Google backup (or using any third party apps) either.

Guest anonymous-user77

unfortunately this Android 4.4 bug is still not fixed

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63738

Remember to star if you are experiencing this bug

Apparently there is a workaround for that by adding the following to BoardConfig.mk in device tree

NUM_FRAMEBUFFER_SURFACE_BUFFERS := 3
TARGET_DISABLE_TRIPLE_BUFFERING := false

Although off the top of my head without doing more research I`m not sure if its already active with this from the system.prop I seem to remember some commits for android_frameworks_native some time ago.

debug.gr.numframebuffers=3 

best person obviously would be KonstaT to maybe shed some light 

Edited by anonymous-user77

Guest anonymous-user77

But but.. I already have 3.

yer, not a good idea to compile with:

NUM_FRAMEBUFFER_SURFACE_BUFFERS := 3
TARGET_DISABLE_TRIPLE_BUFFERING := false

get lots of red flashing screen probs and frame lapse/lag

I did some little fix for my purposes. I dim the screen and after 30 minutes display will go off and then led will be on. I think that I can live with that.

Guest kwstas1979

I've updated to the new build by Otila (thanks!) three days ago and I'd like to report that, phone was working alright
but unfortunately, today it rebooted some hours ago by itself, while being idle.

If it's of any help I attach a log of:  logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
which of course was done after the reboot, just now.
(My phone had never random reboots with the latest KonstaT build; I had it for near a month).

logcat.zip

Edited by kwstas1979

Guest anonymous-user77

@KonstaT, one thing I have noticed for the past 2 weeks or so (did work before then) is the squisher tool in vendor/cm/tools isnt doing its job anymore for some reason even though nothing has changed in source or at my end. I have however added a space where it should be to correct a path issue not that it corrects the main problem but you know......

Running squisher...
find: `vendor/app/': No such file or directory

# Optimize PNG resources in APKs
OPTICHARGER="$ANDROID_BUILD_TOP"/vendor/cm/tools/opticharger
( cd "$OUT"/system; find framework/ app/ priv-app/ vendor/ app/ -name \*.apk -print | $XARGS "$OPTICHARGER"; )

was "vendor/app/" should be "vendor/ app/"

Its no big deal deleting excess crap you dont need but would be nice for it to work again

Edited by anonymous-user77

Guest KonstaT

unfortunately this Android 4.4 bug is still not fixed

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=63738

Remember to star if you are experiencing this bug

No, really don't. For one, this is not a Google device so you shouldn't be reporting/starring anything in Android (AOSP) bugtracker. Second, our display adaptation is so hacked together (with forward ported bits from Android 4.0 and 4.1) that it's a small miracle it works at all. Certainly it's not something you should have for running KitKat and any regular 'KitKat' issues don't apply here. I even highly doubt the issue you linked can be reproduced on this device, reading the comment this seems to be something related to WebView and we don't even use the Chromium WebView that was introduced in KitKat on this device...

@KonstaT, one thing I have noticed for the past 2 weeks or so (did work before then) is the squisher tool in vendor/cm/tools isnt doing its job anymore for some reason even though nothing has changed in source or at my end. I have however added a space where it should be to correct a path issue not that it corrects the main problem but you know......

Running squisher...

find: `vendor/app/': No such file or directory

# Optimize PNG resources in APKs
OPTICHARGER="$ANDROID_BUILD_TOP"/vendor/cm/tools/opticharger
( cd "$OUT"/system; find framework/ app/ priv-app/ vendor/ app/ -name \*.apk -print | $XARGS "$OPTICHARGER"; )

was "vendor/app/" should be "vendor/ app/"

Its no big deal deleting excess crap you dont need but would be nice for it to work again

Squisher works just fine for me (still using it on couple of other devices) and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for this device too. That's is just a list of paths where you could possibly have .apk files. vendor/app is the correct path, we just don't have anything there on this device (or any other device that I'm aware of for that matter). That is not an error and missing path in find is not fatal anyway. vendor/ and app/ is most definitely not correct, why would it have app/ twice? :P

Guest anonymous-user77

Squisher works just fine for me (still using it on couple of other devices) and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work for this device too. That's is just a list of paths where you could possibly have .apk files. vendor/app is the correct path, we just don't have anything there on this device (or any other device that I'm aware of for that matter). That is not an error and missing path in find is not fatal anyway. vendor/ and app/ is most definitely not correct, why would it have app/ twice? :P

haha...I knew it was not fatal just stops the task in that particular folder and yes why would there be 2 apps folders lol, puzzles me that it works for you though, I`ll clean my sources and re-sync although have only used the patches for this device..........I do have question about twrp but I`ll post in the proper thread 

Just installed this and it looks really neat, but I'm having a problem with the wifi, it's extremely slow for some reason - even simple websites take a minute or more to load, Play Store continually times out while trying to browse, etc.

Is there a fix for this or anything? I've tried the 20140702 build from the original post and the most recent November 1 build and wifi is unusably slow on both. I've restored a backup of the stock ROM for now, and the wifi's fine again as soon as I do, so it seems like it must be CM and not my device? Thanks for any help.

I was annoyed by the led.. and tried to make usb cable for wall charger to recognized as usb charging.. so cutting yellow and green wires, but phone is detecting the charger as ac .. must search little more about this thing.