"Bricked" zte skate

Guest Longi

So I recently got a nexus 5and I'm giving my old ZTE Skate to my dad. So I wiped all user data, formatted system, flashed a jenkins CM 10.2 rom (the 2nd or 3rd newest build as of posting this.I flashed a stripped gapps found here. And now whenever I start the phone it successfully boots but  Setup Wizard crashes whenI tap on next on tzhe language select screen. I figured thet I used a bad gapps but I thought it would work, since it worked with an earlier cm 10.2 jenkins build. Sure I would just reflash but for some reason if I boot into cwm recovery (5.5.0.4, don't remember where I got it) from a turned off state (power+volume down) the buttons doesn't work in it. I always had to boot into it with the extended power options. But setup wizard crashes everytime I don't have access to the settings app so i can't enable advanced boot options. so I basicly can't do anything woth recovery. and I can't do anything with fastboot and adb either because i can't enable usb debugging

any help on how to restore it would be appreciated

Guest ct97524

Hello Longi,

I'd say to flash another recovery and another rom as there is an occuring problem with the jenkins roms. The gapps dont work anymore as i found this out myself. Also power+vol down is bootloader.

razzmatazgot us a cwm 6 recovery somewhere on the forum. Look for it. Flash it with adb/fastboot when you have booted into the bootloader power + vol down. Then flash either rootbox, slim bean or paranoidjelly2.

ct97524 

Hello Longi,

I'd say to flash another recovery and another rom as there is an occuring problem with the jenkins roms. The gapps dont work anymore as i found this out myself. Also power+vol down is bootloader.

razzmatazgot us a cwm 6 recovery somewhere on the forum. Look for it. Flash it with adb/fastboot when you have booted into the bootloader power + vol down. Then flash either rootbox, slim bean or paranoidjelly2.

ct97524 

power + vol down takes me to the CWM recovery screen where non of the buttons work. except for the power button which only hides the menu. while on that screen my pc doesn't see the phone, so neither does fastboot or adb.

The splash screen if you haven't changed it. It should look like an android

ah, I think I got it with tha power + vol down + home combination

now windows recognises it as a unknown device. I tried several drivers but non of them worked. what driver do I need for it?

finally fixed it! turns out i shouldn't be using a 3.0 usb and I shouldn't be on a laptop at all! so i went to my desktop computer, I installed the google usb driver, then windows automatically replaced it with (weird) and fastboot finally recognised the device in bootloader modeI flashed the unofficial modaco cwm recovery in the pinned topic and now it works

thank you very much!