BBC iPlayer Buffering Issue

When I stream TV using the BBC iPlayer the programs play smoothly but the buffering circle keeps appearing every few seconds like clockwork, almost like a pulse. There is no lag or stuttering of the TV show. Its happens so regularly that it looks more like a problem with iplayer on the hudl rather that it actually needing to buffer all the time. All my other devices (phone / laptop) play smoothly without the buffer circle appearing regularly like that.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen the same issue?

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Maybe check your wireless channel and make sure it's not conflicting with someone else's wireless network?

I use inSSIDer to configure my wireless, you can usually get quite a boost in your speeds and signal quality purely by choosing a channel that is not being used by any other wireless networks close by

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

I have the same on my Hudl when streaming live tv with the BBC iPlayer, it seems to be buffering every 3 or 4 seconds.

When viewing watch again programs it streams perfectly with no sign of the buffering circle.

I did a few tests this morning with different Apps.

BBC iPlayer/BBC Media Player:

Watch again - No indication of buffering on video.

Live TV - Short program delay, regular buffering  circle seen.

BBCNews: ( Android supplied Video Player selected)

Live TV - 1 minute program delay, no indication of buffering on video.

TV Player:

Live TV - 1 minute program delay, no indication of buffering on video.

I don't have another Android device to check the BBC iPlayer to say whether it is just a problem on the Hudl.

Well it seems to have cured itself now after weeks of having the problem. I haven't seen the issue for several days now. now for a few days. I don't know what if anything has changed, maybe the iPlayer updated? Anyway, fixed!