HELP Blade v memory

Guest Baldrik 1

Guest Baldrik 1

I am on my second Blade having had a 111 for a short while,which was good. I now have a Blade v.I have nearly used the internal memory so got a 32GB external card but this made no difference, Being new to technology i found this forum and discovered this is a common problem, i understand this can be sorted so the phone saves apps on external sd card thinking it is internal but you have to root it?? My question is HOW!! As i said i'm new to this and not young! Can someone please explain how to do this in an easy none techy way, as easy as possible cos i'm not techy minded at all !! Thank you in advance

Guest Sappermajor

I use an app called Link2sd

You first need to root the phone. this worked for me on ZTE Blade V and Kis http://www.modaco.com/topic/365475-easy-root-tool-may-or-may-not-work/

Then create a second partition on your SD card. instructions from http://www.link2sd.info/

Then you can move all internal apps to the SD card by creating symbolic links.

Another trick is to delete the apk files for system apps that have been upgraded.

Given the speed of the Blade V I don't notice any adverse effects.

Guest Baldrik 1

Thank you, would this enable me to remove apps that came on my phone such as facebook and twitter, also some apps i have downloaded have taken it upon themselves to install on the internal sd card will this enableme to move them to the external sd card? Sorry if these are obvious questions.

Guest targetbsp

If you have root, you can remove system apps using something like titanium.  Or you can disable them from settings -> apps without root

You can move apps between internal and external from settings -> Apps

Not all apps can be moved by default though you can change this by installing terminal emulator from the play store and entering:

su

pm set-install-location 2

don't move your default keyboard or launcher though.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Baldrik 1

Kingo did it. It does a lot of things i dont understand! What are apk files,were do i find them and how do i delete them? What is titanium would it help me? Is there a web site that explains what my now rooted phone can do?

Edited by Baldrik 1

Guest targetbsp

apk is the file extension for androids applications.  So an apk is basically any android program.

Titanium does all sorts of stuff related to your aforementioned apk's.  backups, deleting them, freezing them (disabling them) moving them between system/data/sd card.

To be honest it's most useful for backup your stuff before switching rom and then restoring which isn't much use on this phone as we have no custom roms!