Cyanogenmod 10 or 10.1 for Blade V

Guest djfnz

Cyanogenmod to ZTE Blade V? It is possible? How can port CM 10 or 10.1?

I thought that Blade 3 is almost identical with Blade V (display screen, camcoder..)! If we have Qualcomm Msm8225q driver we can port CM ( 10 ) and kernel source its available for Blade V ! 

Edited by djfnz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bb_pink

Cyanogenmod to ZTE Blade V? It is possible? How can port CM 10 or 10.1?

I thought that Blade 3 is almost identical with Blade V (display screen, camcoder..)! If we have Qualcomm Msm8225q driver we can port CM ( 10 ) and kernel source its available for Blade V ! 

Nobody??

And Huawei Ascend Y300 is almost identical to Blade V and Ascend Y300 and Blade 3 received CyanogenMod based on KitKat.

Here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/367021-kk-442-cyanogenmod-110-rom-all-nightly-builds-available/

http://www.modaco.com/topic/367241-devrom141-cyanogenmod-11-android-442/

Really can not do anything to Blade V?

• 1 month later...
Guest shiftyc

I can perhaps save you a few hours of your life... I followed just about every noob's guide to ROM porting that I could find to get CM10 working, using the Y300 as a template.  None of the instructions worked.  It took several hours just to coax CWM to get through the installer-script to install the ROM, but after that it always just bootloops.  Using one method I got the boot animation but then a fatal error, other port guides I don't even get the animation, but it loops with non-fatal errors trying to load various libraries.

Anyway, I'm not knowledgeable enough to debug it, but if you had the same idea yourself... don't bother unless you're at a level where you can understand and correct logcat errors.

I don't even know why I tried, who needs CM, Xposed Framework rules!

Guest djfnz

I can perhaps save you a few hours of your life... I followed just about every noob's guide to ROM porting that I could find to get CM10 working, using the Y300 as a template.  None of the instructions worked.  It took several hours just to coax CWM to get through the installer-script to install the ROM, but after that it always just bootloops.  Using one method I got the boot animation but then a fatal error, other port guides I don't even get the animation, but it loops with non-fatal errors trying to load various libraries.

Anyway, I'm not knowledgeable enough to debug it, but if you had the same idea yourself... don't bother unless you're at a level where you can understand and correct logcat errors.

I don't even know why I tried, who needs CM, Xposed Framework rules!

This is good news! Try message with KonstanT i think he will can help to you! You used Rom Porter 1.1? 

Edited by djfnz

Guest shiftyc

If you not try Rom Porter 1.1 (fixing bootloop tool)

I tried all the bootloop "fixes" - none of them worked.

Can you upload this Rom?

Sorry, but no.  The last version I tried, when I finished and restored my normal ROM, the wifi wouldn't turn on.  I tried several nandroid restores in CWM going right back to December and still no wifi.

I finally got it working again by installing stock 2.1 ROM and recovery and going through the initial setup stages.  Then when I restored from my CWM backup, wifi was still working.

Anyway, it was a bit scary and I'm not going to risk uploading something that I know has a good chance of breaking someone's phone.

I know how much you'd like CM (although I don't really know why), but my post was to say that this is NOT the way to get it.  You can easily do yourself what I did, just download CM10 for the Y300 from this site and merge it with stock of your choice.  But unless you know more than the noob guides tell you, it's not going to work.

Guest KRoman47

It's shame there's no CM for this machine because it's really good gear for reasonable price with minimal compromises (only thing in mind is average camera).

Guest djfnz

Unfortunately, not only this phone dosen't have CM! All MSM 8225Q based phone not have working CyanogenMod! Exception: Galaxy Win Pro [MSM 8625Q] [CM 11]

Edited by djfnz

Guest youtubismify

This phone doesn't seem to have been released in the US or (strangely) mainland China yet.

If / when it does get released in those two markets, I guess we will start to see some custom ROMs.