[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest protocold

Got calendar app from Play store, contacts never sync'd so I downloaded them as a vcard and installed Contacts+ as an alternative of sorts. 

The rom works a lot better than 4.3.1, noticably my touchscreen is more responsive than ever and everything is done without latency. I'm very glad you introduced some new stuff for the governers and schedulers ^_^

I have tried to remove google account and re-add, still dont sync.

However, reverting to last version of gapps worked though..I think it is a problem in the new gapps.

Guest yggdrasil31

I have searched on internet the meaning of upstream but I have not find. What is upstream?

In a nutshell it is the git branch where the CM team pushes the latest work they've done on CM11.

The patches to support the FM chip in CM11 has not been fully comitted yet by this team

Zeelog work is based on this upstream branch, and he adds the Blade specific tree and his changes to it to compile the CM11 kang for our devices.

Edited by yggdrasil31

Guest ExCaL1BuR

Some bugs for me:

These happened with 180mb partition and 220mb partition:

- No contacts app? (Or has this been renamed to People)

- Sync with Google only has these options for me >>> App Data, Browser, People Details

- No syncing gets me my contacts updated.

- No calendar app?

I specifically installed like I always do, I tried both partitions, it is not a gapps problem as much as I can see or an installation problem on my side unless I'm sleepy as hell.

I man how did you change the tpt of the phone ????  I´ve already tried but I can´t boot to install the tpt that i wanted .

Guest gerhardo

try full wipe & reboot after first boot up - the only time i noticed that sim is sometimes not recognized (for some unknown reason) is upon fresh installation, but after a reboot there's no further issues with sim

Thanks, that worked. Never thought of factory reset after a wipe...

And asusual, a couple of resets is required to see the real (relative) speed of the device.

The Blade is not fast. I lan to stick with this, to get an exercise and dev phone with a SIM.

Guest gamebusterz

Hey Zeelog, awesome work on the ROM. You gave my Blade a new lease of life. Thanks a lot !!

Can anyone please explain this TPT, I have a Gen2 ZTE Blade(Dell XCD35 India) (not upgraded from Gen1 or anything) running KonstaT's CM 10.1 on a 160 mb system partition.

1.So, 'STOCK Gen2 160 mb' means not having used a TPT earlier, right ?

2. How do I make a 180 mb partition using TPT ? Should I install the 'TPT Helper' app ? Or do I have to flash a zip using CWM Recovery to do so?

3. If I encounter some irregularities while doing all this , can I revert back to a 160 mb partition using nandroid backup ? Or will it restore it to a 180 mb partition ?

4. Which TPT do I have to chose ? And, which one is better, 180 or 220 mb, are there some advantages of 180 mb over 220 mb or vice-versa ?(like stability and speed )

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

I man how did you change the tpt of the phone ????  I´ve already tried but I can´t boot to install the tpt that i wanted .

You probably need an image.bin styled tpt.

Use "BLADE CHECKER" (made by Amphoras, available in Google Play store) and that will tell you what type of a TPT you need. What I did after I realized I needed a image.bin tpt file:

1. Downloaded an amphoras tpt that was image.bin

2. Used the ZTE Blade Partition Layout Tool to make the 2 files needed to specify partition layouts.

3. Used TPTExtractor to get the contents of the amphoras tpt out of the .bin

4. Used TPTGenerator to create a new tpt, using 10 files from the amphoras tpt and then adding the 2 files I bade with the Parition Layout tool.

5. Flashed it, all's well.

IF YOU THINK THAT WILL WORK FOR YOU:

Download linkhttp://www73.zippyshare.com/v/82671789/file.html

This is a 185mb /system image.bin TPT, I made it 185 on purpose, so that I wouldn't have to TPT again if we needed 5 more megabytes at some point.

Unrar the file into your SDcard, into a folder titled image. Create it if you don't have one. Make sure that only these two files are in that folder, nothing else! I take no responsibility for any damage that may come to your phones.

Edited by somethingsomethingdarkness

Hey Zeelog, awesome work on the ROM. You gave my Blade a new lease of life. Thanks a lot !!

Can anyone please explain this TPT, I have a Gen2 ZTE Blade(Dell XCD35 India) (not upgraded from Gen1 or anything) running KonstaT's CM 10.1 on a 160 mb system partition.

1.So, 'STOCK Gen2 160 mb' means not having used a TPT earlier, right ?

2. How do I make a 180 mb partition using TPT ? Should I install the 'TPT Helper' app ? Or do I have to flash a zip using CWM Recovery to do so?

3. If I encounter some irregularities while doing all this , can I revert back to a 160 mb partition using nandroid backup ? Or will it restore it to a 180 mb partition ?

4. Which TPT do I have to chose ? And, which one is better, 180 or 220 mb, are there some advantages of 180 mb over 220 mb or vice-versa ?(like stability and speed )

1. Your partitions depend on what your original software was and if it was repartitioned at any point. You can check what they are in the "About Phone" section of your Blade.

2. You can make one using TPT Helper, but sometimes it has problems with specific Custom ROM's. Once you have the TPT you want to install, you shut down your Blade, remove battery, place back in and start your phone while holding Volume+ and Menu buttons. If nothing happens, the tpt isn't the correct one for your phone. YOU MUST HAVE THE CUSTOM ROM AND GAPPS ON YOUR SD CARD BEFORE YOU TPT. So that you may immediately install them. I'd also add the latest Recovery available for our phone by KonstaT, because the TPT file will give you an older recovery.

3. I think you can, I've never had to user the nandroid backups.

4. The 220mb one is bad. Basically, you need at least 180mb to fit the system files of this rom on your phone. The 220mb TPT wastes 40mb on the /system, 35.5mb on the cache (you only need 2mb) and 20.9mb on the OEM (you need 0.1). That means it wastes roughly 96.4 mb you could use for apps. So no, don't use that, make a custom 180mb tpt unless you have a gen1 phone, then just use the TPT for Gen1 to Gen2 with 180mb from Amphoras.

Guest gamebusterz

1. Your partitions depend on what your original software was and if it was repartitioned at any point. You can check what they are in the "About Phone" section of your Blade.

2. You can make one using TPT Helper, but sometimes it has problems with specific Custom ROM's. Once you have the TPT you want to install, you shut down your Blade, remove battery, place back in and start your phone while holding Volume+ and Menu buttons. If nothing happens, the tpt isn't the correct one for your phone. YOU MUST HAVE THE CUSTOM ROM AND GAPPS ON YOUR SD CARD BEFORE YOU TPT. So that you may immediately install them. I'd also add the latest Recovery available for our phone by KonstaT, because the TPT file will give you an older recovery.

3. I think you can, I've never had to user the nandroid backups.

4. The 220mb one is bad. Basically, you need at least 180mb to fit the system files of this rom on your phone. The 220mb TPT wastes 40mb on the /system, 35.5mb on the cache (you only need 2mb) and 20.9mb on the OEM (you need 0.1). That means it wastes roughly 96.4 mb you could use for apps. So no, don't use that, make a custom 180mb tpt unless you have a gen1 phone, then just use the TPT for Gen1 to Gen2 with 180mb from Amphoras.

Guest gamebusterz

So the TPT has to be pasted into the SD card and then flashed using Recovery ? And btw can you please suggest me a TPT as I can't find a 180 mb TPT for my Gen2 Stock partition (160mb).

And Thanks a lot for all that help. Appreciate it !!

So the TPT has to be pasted into the SD card and then flashed using Recovery ? And btw can you please suggest me a TPT as I can't find a 180 mb TPT for my Gen2 Stock partition (160mb).

And Thanks a lot for all that help. Appreciate it !!

The TPT I uploaded (and gave a link to in my posts on this page) is for Gen 2 Stock/Windows flashed. You paste it in your sdcard, make a folder called "image" and put it in that folder. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE SUCH A FOLDER, DELETE IT AND MAKE A NEW ONE.

To TPT your phone:

1. Shut down your phone

2. Remove battery, wait 10 seconds.

3. Insert battery. Power up your phone, WHILE HOLDING DOWN ON THE MENU AND VOLUME UP buttons. 

4. If the TPT is the correct one for your type of phone there will be a bar with percentages that will fill up.

5. If not, my TPT isn't good for your phone. Download BLADE CHECKER from Google Play and post here the results so that someone may help you,

i cant see my gapps.any ideas?

What is your partitioning and how did you install. Explain with deeper details and say what exactly is missing and what isn't ;)

Guest makis20

hey dude.i have installed the latest version of rom and gapps.but i can see the google shop.my partiscion is 169 mb use and 248 is free,i dont know if i'm saying this right

will the new Privacy Guard featuring to control apps from auto-starting be merged with next update?

had a little problem changing the ringtone volume with hardware keys, they did not respond... after a reboot it was working again...

hey dude.i have installed the latest version of rom and gapps.but i can see the google shop.my partiscion is 169 mb use and 248 is free,i dont know if i'm saying this right

I am sorry, your English is obviously bad, but I have explained it a few times. You need to TPT to have 180mb /system for everything to be okay. If you do not understand this, please leave, as you will probably break your phone :)