[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest elrond_bs

I couldn't run Google+ and Google search is not compatible, cannot be installed

It's for ARM7 only. It never really worked on Blade.

i bet art will eventually work on blade, just later ;P just like video playback or something like that due to lack of quallcom libs on 4.x. We have it now.

:D ART is not for ARM6 and will never be, it would also require much faster phone to be beneficial. It's not even included in CM or most apps, as it's very experimental even for the newest phones. Fixing video playback and other things took years and the work of many developers. Now almost no one works on the Blade - it's perfectly normal as it is very old and it was a low end device even in 2010. More and more things won't ever work. Be thankful that there are still some great people who bothered to release a working 4.3 and 4.4 for Blade. :)

Guest zeelog

new build up (changelog in 2nd post) camcorder recording/playback should be fixed, added bladeparts as a separate app - not sure if that's a right approach :wacko: , but at least it's a workaround  :)  - as for new gapps, this fixes quicksearch box widget/app & calendar app which were being overwritten (actually deleted) by the initial gapps release - format system might be required, followed by rom installation & new gapps package..

Guest yggdrasil31

new build up (changelog in 2nd post) camcorder recording/playback should be fixed, added bladeparts as a separate app - not sure if that's a right approach :wacko: , but at least it's a workaround  :)  - as for new gapps, this fixes quicksearch box widget/app & calendar app which were being overwritten (actually deleted) by the initial gapps release - format system might be required, followed by rom installation & new gapps package..

Things are moving quite fast, thank you very much for your work !

Guest pravnrai1993

Great rom.!!

And thanks for the fast updates Zeelog. :)  :) 

I have two questions. Is it possible to add transparency in the status bar and any means to turn the CRT animation off.??

Guest mikeb90

hi guys.... i'm very exited trying this new rom... but i got some questions:
1) Is this fast? (i downgraded to ICS from JB, becouse i need fast and stability, becouse i usually make calls for work...)

2) Does anybody can make a video of the rom during common actions, such as browsing, etc?

hi guys.... i'm very exited trying this new rom... but i got some questions:

1) Is this fast? (i downgraded to ICS from JB, becouse i need fast and stability, becouse i usually make calls for work...)

2) Does anybody can make a video of the rom during common actions, such as browsing, etc?

i dont understand why ppl find cm9 faster...

cm9 , cm10 cm10.1 all feel the same to me..

cm10.2 is the only one i find a bit sluggish and buggy(the android is upgrading...thingy)

Guest mikeb90

i dont understand why ppl find cm9 faster...

cm9 , cm10 cm10.1 all feel the same to me..

cm10.2 is the only one i find a bit sluggish and buggy(the android is upgrading...thingy)

well... i've noticed more stability on CM9, less reboots etc... however, i got a 160mb partition, so i didn't try the latest upgrades... plus, my cellphone reaches just 710mhz in overclock, and this is a little big issue about fast unfortunatelly :/

I will try it out Thanks ;)

I´ve tried but on the restart it Bootloops  :(

But Hey thanks anyway .....  maybe Zeelog can implement it on next release.

It worked for me. Try see if you edited correctly.

go to system>build.prop

open the file and at the last line add this command "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1"

u'll need to reboot the phone for the changes to appear after saving it.

It worked for me. Thanks

Hi there! After downloading the 09/01 build I find I cannot verify the MD5 hash for the ROM (new GApps is fine) Anybody else getting this?

Great news that Kit Kat is here for the Blade. Great Work :-)

Hi there! After downloading the 09/01 build I find I cannot verify the MD5 hash for the ROM (new GApps is fine) Anybody else getting this?

yeah i think zeelog forgot to cahnge in first post..

the goo.im hash matches

Guest Roeloff

Seems smooth enough for me (always use Nova Launcher)! Thanks Zeelog!

Which is the best governor for the Blade with KitKat, is it still SmartassV2 or is the default ondemand the best now?

Guest zeelog

should be fine now

Camcorder records but with out focus. On playback video stops after few seconds, audio is going on. So it is not working yet.

strange, working fine here (not really tested with focus), try clearing camera & gallery app data and report back

.........nevermind, i managed to reproduce problem

Edited by zeelog

Guest szpilasty

On 10.x builds Google Maps weren't working too good. With this ROM they are OK.

Not sure if Google change something in app or is the ROM because it was unusable I uninstalled it long time ago.

found it

Oh, lockscreen widgets are disabled for low memory devices, which includes the Nexus S. I believe at least some the settings should be shown, such as to disable maximized widgets as these are disabled.

To enable widgets in lockscreen just change ro.config.low_ram=true to false in /system/build.prop and reboot using your preferred method. This has the collateral effect of enabling Ok, Google hotword. Might make the device slower thou.

does this have any adverse effect on blade

Is it stable? Because right now it seems good enough to me. I don't care about radio or wifi thethering..

Great work, thanks. I will install it later, might start using it on a daily basis if it is stable!