[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest zaxxon

Hi all.  I was looking through the comments and I noticed that some people were talking about lock screen problems (mainly the dots not appearing in pattern unlock).  I have a PIN on my SIM card and I put PIN unlock on the phone as well.  It was working fine with the 08 Feb version and also working fine when I installed the 07 Mar version.  A few days ago I installed the latest 31 Mar version and I wondering if I am having the same problem on the lock screen.

When the phone boots up, I can enter the SIM PIN fine (the number pad appears and the background wallpaper is fine).  At this point (previously) pretty much the same thing used to appear on screen again for phone PIN unlock, however, this time when the number pad appears the background is almost completely blacked out and when I type digits I can see I am pressing the numbers (I can see them highlight when I press them), but it's not actually registering the button presses and the digit sequence doesn't appear above the line and I cannot unlock the phone.  If I lock/unlock the phone using the power button it's fine and the number pad works and I can unlock the phone (and the number pad and background wallpaper are as they used to be).

The first time I installed the 31 Mar version, I booted into CWM, went to mounts & storage and formatted /system, then installed the latest version.  When that didn't fix the lock screen issue, I did a full factory wipe and reset, formatted everything (apart from /sdcard), wiped dalvik and started from scratch and installed the ROM & GAPPS again... but still the same problem.  I noticed someone mentioned about going to Settings>Lock Screen and enable Maximise Widgets... so I did that, rebooted the phone, but still the same issue.

I then tried changing it from PIN unlock to PATTERN unlock with a simple 3x3 dot array to test and when I rebooted the phone and tried, it worked fine.  So I tried changing it back to PIN unlock and rebooted the phone again but it's the same problem as above.  I should also mention that this only happens at initial boot of the phone.  After that, the number pad always works fine when unlocking the phone.  For now, I have set it to PATTERN unlock as that seems to be working.  Is this related to the lock screen issue people are discussing or is this something I am doing wrong?

Guest zaxxon

One other minor thing - for the life of me, I cannot find the option to enable the 3 different types of reboot in the power menu with this new version... I am sure that prevously there was an option somewhere so that when choosing reboot, you then had the option of REBOOT, RECOVERY and BOOTLOADER - but I can't seem to find how to enable that anymore.  If someone could point me in the right direction, thanks.

Guest Muadib83

One other minor thing - for the life of me, I cannot find the option to enable the 3 different types of reboot in the power menu with this new version... I am sure that prevously there was an option somewhere so that when choosing reboot, you then had the option of REBOOT, RECOVERY and BOOTLOADER - but I can't seem to find how to enable that anymore.  If someone could point me in the right direction, thanks.

You have to go to Settings/Developer options/  and check "Advanced reboot" . Had some trouble finding it myself :)

Guest Roeloff

Back on the 31/03 build.

Anyone else's home button not working (single press only- double-tap does work)? Or does anyone know how to rectify this problem without a full wipe?

I've also lost taskbar notifications. Notifications register through vibrate though, at least for GMail anyway...

Guest Fizziebaunz

Back on the 31/03 build.

Anyone else's home button not working (single press only- double-tap does work)? Or does anyone know how to rectify this problem without a full wipe?

I've also lost taskbar notifications. Notifications register through vibrate though, at least for GMail anyway...

With me everything is working fine..

. Infact the rom is fast and smooth. I literally love it.

The only issue is Bluetooth is affected by Xposed framework... too bad. overall the build is great.

Guest topo01

Loving the 31.03 build too!

One miner question: Has anyone succeeded in changing the lock screen wallpaper? I tried this new option but it doesn't actually change, it just remains the same as in home. I can set a solid color fill, but not a different wallpaper.

Anyway, this certainly doesn't really diminish the greatness of this rom.

Great job again Zeelog!

Guest topo01

Anyone else's home button not working (single press only- double-tap does work)?...

What's double tap on home button supposed to do?

Guest Fizziebaunz

Loving the 31.03 build too!

One miner question: Has anyone succeeded in changing the lock screen wallpaper? I tried this new option but it doesn't actually change, it just remains the same as in home. I can set a solid color fill, but not a different wallpaper.

Anyway, this certainly doesn't really diminish the greatness of this rom.

Great job again Zeelog!

Just tried the lockscreen and it's working well.... check the opacity... I if it's zero it won't show.

Am trying to enable expanded desktop but nothing is happening... I what am I doing wrong.

Guest topo01

Just tried the lockscreen and it's working well.... check the opacity... I if it's zero it won't show.

Am trying to enable expanded desktop but nothing is happening... I what am I doing wrong.

Tried again changing the lockscreen background but it doesn't work. It even says 'Background changed' but it still remains the same as in home. Tried different pics and played with opacity but the result is always the same: no change at all...

Expanded desktop is working fine though. Did you enable 'Show Navigation Bar'? If that AND expanded desktop is on then you just have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to make the nav bar appear.

Guest Fizziebaunz

Tried again changing the lockscreen background but it doesn't work. It even says 'Background changed' but it still remains the same as in home. Tried different pics and played with opacity but the result is always the same: no change at all...

Expanded desktop is working fine though. Did you enable 'Show Navigation Bar'? If that AND expanded desktop is on then you just have to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to make the nav bar appear.

That's a little strange... I don't use navigation bar.... I don't find any use for them. I the lock screen has a strange behaviour... when you swipe up or down from the right hand side you unknowingly change the opacity. so after putting opacity in the middle. just press back and wait for the screen to lock give it 5sec depending on your delay lock.

Guest jeffers24

Great work with the ROM, runs very smooth and stable, many thanks.

install no problem following instructions.

Prior to this ROM I used Link2SD to create more space on my ZTE Blade and it worked well.

This ROM has Int2SD script as part of the ROM installation.

What are the benefits of having Int2SD built in over using Link2SD?

How can I tell how much real internal memory is used/free?

Are there any options I can choose to configure Int2SD, or does it just do what's necessary without any input from me?

Guest lolasher

I think there is no need to configuration, free space you can check in About Phone -> Partition Info (Don't worry it shows 0B on /sd-ext its because it is mounted as /data)

Edited by lolasher

Guest topo01

wow, I never waited that long ;-)

Did a full wipe and re-install again today. This time the first boot took about 11 minutes.

That's a little strange... I don't use navigation bar.... I don't find any use for them. I the lock screen has a strange behaviour... when you swipe up or down from the right hand side you unknowingly change the opacity. so after putting opacity in the middle. just press back and wait for the screen to lock give it 5sec depending on your delay lock.

Re-installing solved my issue with not being able to change the lock screen background. It's a bit strange because I was thorough on wiping the previous time as well.

Guest Fizziebaunz

@fizziebaunz go to settings>interface>expanded desktop.then long press power button youll see option to expand desktop

Hehehehe. I was so stupid. I didn't remember that. thanks. it's working alright.

Guest Roeloff

What's double tap on home button supposed to do?

You can assign a task in the menu, there's a choice of a few.

Anyway, I did a full wipe and re-installed 31/03. Everything seems to be fine now.

Guest jonicunha

Hi,

I was using the latest cm 10.2 rom and MMS were working fine. I dind't have to turn on data mobile to receive it, but with this rom i can't receive any MMS.
Do i have to install an APN app?