[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest Fizziebaunz

Did a clean install.... and manually restored apps... one by one... I can say... I feel a change with compatibility of apps....

Guest elrond_bs

this needs Google now & at least voice search

These don't work with ARM6 and are proprietary (not open source), that's why the will never be available for Blade.

Guest silverchair

any new update soon?

And you need a new update because <insert something that is not working and u wish it is>?

Guest Schwedenbitter

I just flashed the latest (5-MAY-2014) ROM and the latest GAPPS (05-MAY-2014) and it's pretty much not working :(

I can't even connect to my gmail acoount. The phone keeps telling me there would be a communication problem with the google servers and I should retry later. With my other phones there's not a small sign of problems. So I guess it should be a problem with the ROM.

My next problem is I can't find the google play store. This makes it impossible for me to install apps.

Is there anybody else with the same problems and a suggestion how to solve these problems?

Thanks, Alex

Guest elrond_bs

The ROM works, the problem is obviously in your phone or what you did. You need 180 MB system partition. You flashed this ROM to ZTE Blade 1 - Gen2, right? Not ZTE Blade 3 or another phone.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest Schwedenbitter

The ROM works, the problem is obviously in your phone or what you did. You need 180 MB system partition. You flashed this ROM to ZTE Blade 1 - Gen2, right? Not ZTE Blade 3 or another phone.

You're right. It seems to be because of my 160 MB partition for /system. I'm just wondering, why I can install the ROM without any error messages. I'm already working on that issue, hoping I can resolve it. If the reason really is the to small partition, I'll make a report soon.

Guest birdibird

Flashed today the Omnirom 5/5. Until now no major issues, nice and responsive!

Some very minor graphical glitches, but not visible in most apps.

Root and latest gapps work fine.

I think I'll stay a while with this one :)

Guest lolasher

Flashed today the Omnirom 5/5. Until now no major issues, nice and responsive!

Some very minor graphical glitches, but not visible in most apps.

Root and latest gapps work fine.

I think I'll stay a while with this one :)

If you don't need GPS, you're welcome, for me that's major issue.

Edited by lolasher

Guest ExCaL1BuR

I think it´s time to a new compile :D  Zeelog .

You are the only one( for now ) that is maintaining our blade/libra ALIVE .

We are counting on you .

Guest elrond_bs

No need for update if there are hardly any changes. He has to test every new version to ensure it's working, why wasting time if there are no changes? Good updates are needed, not frequent. Stop whining, it's clearly explained in the first post:

!!!DO NOT ASK FOR ETAs, it's annoying to say the least!!!

android 4.4.3 AOSP is out incase people didn't already know. Hopefully the CM team will release a new build soon that a custom rom for the blade can be made from. There are lots of bug fixes in 4.4.3, a new dialer too.

Guest Stu C

You're right. It seems to be because of my 160 MB partition for /system. I'm just wondering, why I can install the ROM without any error messages. I'm already working on that issue, hoping I can resolve it. If the reason really is the to small partition, I'll make a report soon.

160 MB is enough to install the ROM, but not the GAPPS as well.

Guest silverchair

android 4.4.3 AOSP is out incase people didn't already know. Hopefully the CM team will release a new build soon that a custom rom for the blade can be made from. There are lots of bug fixes in 4.4.3, a new dialer too.

Cyanogenmod M7 is expected June 9th, but there is still no official 4.4.3 for Nexus devices, so don't get hopes too high ..

Guest Schwedenbitter

160 MB is enough to install the ROM, but not the GAPPS as well.

That's right. I already figured that out.

But it's pretty slow and I can't use Play Store etc. So for me it's out of discussion to use a ROM without GAPPS.

I guess you also have a Blade:

Have you ever heard about the problem, that the system don't flash the content of /sdcard0/image while pressing Vol up + Menu + Power on? I've tried this about a hundred times without success. The phone get stuck with that android logo for hours. I'm quite desperate, because I can't start the TPT with TPT Helper (keeps telling me the ROM wouldn't support a restart within TPT Helper). And I can't change the partitons, because Vol up ... won't work.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Dear god... can all those who are asking and pestering ZeeLog to build a 4.4.3 based rom, just because it was released like 5x minutes ago please STOP!!!.

It's not ESSENTIAL we get it, sure it would be nice... But let the man do it in his own time, when he is ready... He is most likely already building and testing it as we speak, as I'm sure he likes to tinker about...

However, pestering and begging for an update will make him less likely to release to public, or EVER AT ALL... and just give up. The first build will no doubt be buggy anyway.... Please just leave him be, he is a great developer and releaser, we do not want to loose him!!!!

Thanks, Lister

Guest Schwedenbitter

Use one of the already created TPTs e.g. http://amphoras.co.uk/downloads/blade-tpts#v10f, unzip this to a folder called image on your root of the sdcard and then just reboot the phone. No need for apps ...

Thanks again.

I already found this link, downloaded this version 10f zip-file, extracted it to /sdcard0/image.

But my question again: How can I make my phone using these files?

That's the reason why my question in my earlier post was how to do this, because somehow Vol up + Menu + Power on doesn't work for my phone :( I remember it worked once some months ago. With this procedure I already changed the stock partitions...

Edited by Schwedenbitter