[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

You know are using an experimental ROM, so you take the risk about alarms not working, etc. Keep this in mind. It's clearly written in the first post.

have you ever heard a process called 'bug reporting'

also why are u so hyperactive over anything involved to devs...

ur behiviour is like a overly attached girlfriend

Guest mikeb90

have you ever heard a process called 'bug reporting'

also why are u so hyperactive over anything involved to devs...

ur behiviour is like a overly attached girlfriend

LOL

Report after 12 hours online. Inicially 100% of battery.

No calls, only whatsapp and email and only a little bit.

29% on battery rest.

43% Wi-Fi

16% Cell standby

14% Screen

10% Google Services

9% Phone idle

5% Android OS

2% Android System

2% WhatsApp

The Wi-Fi was not connected to an AP, only enabled.

Location enabled but Google Location Reporting disabled.

Network notification for open network disabled.

Scaning always avaiable disabled.

Wi-Fi optimization enabled.

Only the google account.

It's not posible the drain of the battery due the Wi-Fi (43%!!!).

Yesterday i tried another rom (stable) to check the battery and the other parts. All ok.

Regards.

Guest elrond_bs

I haven't said anything against bug reports nor did I accused anyone in complaining. :) Just reminded everyone who plans to use this ROM as daily, that there are some possible issues until the ROM is polished.

The only person who is hyperactive with his rants (not just here but in other threads), complaining about his phone random rebooting, etc, is you vNa5h. Check how many useless posts do you have here (even you call them "rants"). :D And the funny thing is your behavior seems exactly like that of a girl who wants attention, complains and attacks the others when she don't get it. :D Chill up, you don't have to answer every comment. :)

I'm not complaining, just writing my issues so people interested in this rom can know about possible inconveniences.

you should also write whenever you sort out an 'issue' after users try to help you, on various occasions you failed to do so.  So basically, you're losing credibility and most likely you'll end up being ignored..

wow strange bugs for everyone.. (referring to one user: sharix)

now, that's what i call adoration & love...treating a user as everyone,

bug reporting...my a$$, spamming topics with issues that have nothing to do with specific roms

new build up:

[20 JAN 14]

DOWNLOAD

MD5: 7823bf4f3f35bdd16e3ae50ec8aff3c6

Mostly keeping up with upstream

Fixed native wifi tethering (thanks plaguedbypenguins)

Add SavagedZen & InteractiveX governors (Performance settings)

Minor kernel improvements 1

Removed calendar app, use google calendar instead

& other merged commits not mentioned in the changelog

just went through 5 pages of replies since my last log on,great to see you lot busy :)

Guest coolizard

Trying this ROM and seems to work great. I think is faster than CM10.2. I think opening some apps seems to be faster than CM9! But in some apps the processing is slowest than CM9, as installing apps. WiFi, GPS, RIL, everything works good for me.

The problem I have is about MMS. I couldn´t send or receive MMS without data connection. There's nothing I can do about APN, etc. Is a problem I had in the CM7 times. In some point (in ventura's Eco CM9), the MMS autoretrieval was fixed and working great without data connection.

The other thing I miss, is about the video previews in gallery, but that doesn't work in CM10.2 either.

How do I get ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk? Can I use one from eg. Konsta's gapps package?

The battery drain seems to be a little high tho. 22m screen on, 42 min awake and 10 hours deep sleep and I'm down to 9%. I've attached a BetterBatteryStats dump if it's any use. It could be my battery going bad too.. 24m/43m/10h and now down to 1%.. It seems to be running fine on 1% for now tho :)

EDIT: ~2hrs later, I'm still at 1%

It stayed at 1% until I plugged it in. Didn't work similarly the other night, the phone died almost instantly after reaching 1%.

Guest Muadib83

How do I get ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk? Can I use one from eg. Konsta's gapps package?

It stayed at 1% until I plugged it in. Didn't work similarly the other night, the phone died almost instantly after reaching 1%.

I might be talking out of my a**, but if I remember correctly, after installing a new rom some time must pass until the rom "learns" how to properly read the battery levels. I usually delete the battery stats after installing a new rom and wait a week before considering the displayed battery level alligned with the true battery charge. Could anyone confirm or debunk this?

you should also write whenever you sort out an 'issue' after users try to help you, on various occasions you failed to do so.  So basically, you're losing credibility and most likely you'll end up being ignored..

You're right, I will report any issue that I consider fixed. So far none of them are fixed, though. As a recap:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-201-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/?view=findpost&p=2190235

The issue is still there, lock screen should not have glitches regardless of navigation bar's height.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-201-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/?view=findpost&p=2190303

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-201-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/?view=findpost&p=2190767

I've had two unexplained battery drains over the course of five days. I can't say they have stopped for good just yet, I have to wait a bit more to be sure.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/368013-devrom-201-cyanogenmod-110-android-442/?view=findpost&p=2190858

I didn't have time yet to test alarm clock further, because I can't rely on it on weekdays so I don't use it for waking up. And before a new rom version comes out, I doubt it will fix itself. The app that I use for alarm clock (Good Morning) has worked with all the other roms so the app is not the issue.

Hello and sorry my english. First: Great work.

In the desktop, if the search bar is disable it's imposible to remove the widgets.

Greetings.

I was wrong: It's possible but the option is halfhidden at the top (it's difficult to use).

Regards.

Edit to say:

* Alarm clock, notifications and call volume work ok.

* I wake up with the stock alarm clock (works well for me).

Edited by zzpaff

Guest Moldova

I might be talking out of my a**, but if I remember correctly, after installing a new rom some time must pass until the rom "learns" how to properly read the battery levels. I usually delete the battery stats after installing a new rom and wait a week before considering the displayed battery level alligned with the true battery charge. Could anyone confirm or debunk this?

youre wrog, it takes about 1-3 full recharge cycles.

Guest silverchair

Guys, what about RAM? Anyone who already installed the rom, can you check Settings -> Apps -> Running and post here what it shows for Used and Free? For comparison, I'm currently still on Konstat's 4.2.2 and it shows Used: 299 Free: 122. After all KitKat promises better ram management ..

Guys, what about RAM? Anyone who already installed the rom, can you check Settings -> Apps -> Running and post here what it shows for Used and Free? For comparison, I'm currently still on Konstat's 4.2.2 and it shows Used: 299 Free: 122. After all KitKat promises better ram management ..

Used: 276MB

Free: 140MB

f073.png

Regards.

Edited by zzpaff

youre wrog, it takes about 1-3 full recharge cycles.

Installed the rom on the 20th when the current version came out. I barely make it through the day, yesterday the phone shutdown totally. 12.5h, of which 12h deep sleep, today and I'm down to 10%. I'm guess I'm blaming my battery dying, as it's years old anyway.

Any free memory is wasted memory.. Anyway, 278MB used and 137MB free.

EDIT: BBS Raw Stats says "usb_bus_active" has hold a kernel wakelock for 11h 42m, and quick googling says this shouldn't be normal?

EDIT2: I read the fix is to reboot the phone after recharging (each time!), will try tomorrow.

Edited by Janil

Guest gerhardo

Any free memory is wasted memory.. Anyway, 278MB used and 137MB free.

It also depends on what runs in the background...

On my phone (RIL disabled), I have 230 MB after boot (and some Settings, Play updates sync etc).

66 Mb used by apps, so160 Mb used by the "system".

Edited by gerhardo

Guest Roeloff

291MB used, 125MB free

It takes so long time to recharge the battery. Anyone facing such issue?

May be, when it's connected to the computer.

Another thing: Notifications and alarm clock sounds when the ring mode selected is mute. Calls not.

Regards.

Guest lyntillas

Hi

Due to the way that KitKat now processes text messages I can no longer restore my text messages with SMSBackup+ - the messages get restored and wiped.

Has anyone found a workaround to this?

This has nothing to do with the rom, this is a geat rom, its so fast and battery efficent.