[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest Droopy_be

Great ROM, but issue with my camera, always a FC.

I don't use the latest GAPPS because issue with contact synchronization last time.

Did I reinstall with latest GAPPS?

Thx

Guest abarthman

Thanks for the update, Zeelog.

My only issues are that contacts not synching and calendar not showing on cLock widget with 8/2 Gapps.

Guest zeelog

+1 that Wi-Fi does not work (had CM10 previously, where it worked, formated system as wiped everything).

:(

nah not the same problem reported previously, to start with, check the very basics i.e. if you have actually an internet connection and if the password you supplied is correct  - click on forget network and try connecting again - if problem persists it would help if you post a logcat

Great ROM, but issue with my camera, always a FC.

I don't use the latest GAPPS because issue with contact synchronization last time.

Did I reinstall with latest GAPPS?

Thx

try clearing camera app data - alternatively full wipe

Thanks for the update, Zeelog.

My only issues are that contacts not synching and calendar not showing on cLock widget with 8/2 Gapps.

re gapps 8/2 this was mentioned before, there was an issue with the download package - to confirm if you have the correct gapps package (apart from matching md5 hash) check in gapps apps folder: you should have googlecontactsyncadapter.apk - re calendar this has to be downloaded separately & make sure that calendar sync is actually on

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

Should I full wipe for this new version or not? I technically always do, but I'm feeling kind of lazy.

Guest lolasher

What I should do with "insufficient storage available"? I have 2 mb /cache partition, is that could be a issue? Now I try to make some big /ext on sdcard (I'm not having any now) and install everything from scratch.

Guest zeelog

Should I full wipe for this new version or not? I technically always do, but I'm feeling kind of lazy.

no need, you can just install rom + gapps on top of previous version

What I should do with "insufficient storage available"? I have 2 mb /cache partition, is that could be a issue? Now I try to make some big /ext on sdcard (I'm not having any now) and install everything from scratch.

creating an sdext partition would definitely help - should be recognized automatically after you reinstall rom.

Guest Migun

nah not the same problem reported previously, to start with, check the very basics i.e. if you have actually an internet connection and if the password you supplied is correct - click on forget network and try connecting again - if problem persists it would help if you post a logcat

Sorry, I was not specific.

It can't find any WiFi network.

Flashed another ROM (a gingerbread one) meanwhile, and it is working.

You want a logcat while it tries to find WiFi networks?

Don't know if it's important, but whenever I flash the ROM, it never goes to "desktop", it stays on boot screen (even after 20 minutes).

But if I remove the battery, the second time boots fine.

Thanks for the help ;) .

Guest silverchair

Zeelog, is the latest release synced with the Cyanogenmod M4 release and do you plan to sync up once CM 11 has official stable release?

Thanks for all your work!

BTW, I've seen several people including the user above me, report that the first time install of the rom takes ages to boot. Is that expected behavior? How long should we wait, or should we risk removing the battery?

Guest zeelog

Sorry, I was not specific.

It can't find any WiFi network.

Flashed another ROM (a gingerbread one) meanwhile, and it is working.

You want a logcat while it tries to find WiFi networks?

Don't know if it's important, but whenever I flash the ROM, it never goes to "desktop", it stays on boot screen (even after 20 minutes).

But if I remove the battery, the second time boots fine.

Thanks for the help ;) .

a logcat while switching on wifi would suffice, re boot time it's definitely not expected behaviour, most probably it's boot looping on something - so if anyone can post a logcat of that one too it would help (or perhaps someone manage to spot a particular service which 'dies' or fails on startup), though honestly so far i could never reproduce this problem, doesn't matter if i do a clean install or dirty flash

Zeelog, is the latest release synced with the Cyanogenmod M4 release and do you plan to sync up once CM 11 has official stable release?

Thanks for all your work!

BTW, I've seen several people including the user above me, report that the first time install of the rom takes ages to boot. Is that expected behavior? How long should we wait, or should we risk removing the battery?

well, most of the features which applies to us and are mentioned here are already included, though i'm not sure about the recent apps panel (low end device tweaks)

as for the boot time, for the first install it usually takes me a good 5~8minutes, more than that i can't say it's expected behaviour 

Guest Fizziebaunz

Well.... Tremendous improvements... every update glues me to my blade.... I feel like Wesley snipes already.... ready to kick ass... smoother feel....

I do not have weird issues like the ones reported... but I'm still testing..

Thanks a zillion times Zeelog.

Guest zokkii

Hi

I have Probrem with WiFi Does anyone know what this means

error parsing configuration java.io.filenotfoundexception /data/misc/wifi/ipconfig.txt

wifistatemachine failed to set country code

I've tried almost all rom cm7,cm9,cm10 and now cm11

I have Wifi in some rom only 10 minutes at the beginning and then disappears

Edited by zokkii

Guest Migun

a logcat while switching on wifi would suffice, re boot time it's definitely not expected behaviour, most probably it's boot looping on something - so if anyone can post a logcat of that one too it would help (or perhaps someone manage to spot a particular service which 'dies' or fails on startup), though honestly so far i could never reproduce this problem, doesn't matter if i do a clean install or dirty flash

It took 16 minutes in the first boot, and then the wifi worked ;) .

Guest abarthman

re gapps 8/2 this was mentioned before, there was an issue with the download package - to confirm if you have the correct gapps package (apart from matching md5 hash) check in gapps apps folder: you should have googlecontactsyncadapter.apk

- re calendar this has to be downloaded separately & make sure that calendar sync is actually on

Thanks for that zeelog.

I replaced the faulty 8/2 gapps with ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk, so that's my contacts synching now, but still no luck with my calendar displaying with the cLock widget.  Calendar is working fine and synching, but it just won't display on the cLock widget.

Guest jmpsoftware

Hey Zeelog,

First of all thanks a lot for such wonderful ROM, everything is working like butter but only m facing issue with Delay in screen wake while receiving any call and lagging in camera,

any solution or suggestion ???

If you will fix these issues den I think it will only the Stable in JB,ICS and Kitkat because this is all in one package from you.

Thanks a lot.

Guest abarthman

... still no luck with my calendar displaying with the cLock widget.  Calendar is working fine and synching, but it just won't display on the cLock widget.

Sorted now.  Not quite sure how, though.

I selected Maximise widgets on Lock Screen menu. Removed all other app shortcuts from the Home screen and then dragged the cLock widget from the Homes screen to screen 2 and then back again.

Edited by abarthman

Guest zeelog

Thanks for that zeelog.

I replaced the faulty 8/2 gapps with ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk, so that's my contacts synching now, but still no luck with my calendar displaying with the cLock widget.  Calendar is working fine and synching, but it just won't display on the cLock widget.

as simple as it may sound, but did you try to resize the cLock widget ?

Guest abarthman

as simple as it may sound, but did you try to resize the cLock widget ?

Thanks, zeelog, that's exactly what I had to do.

The cLock widget is 3(w)x2(h) by default.  I had resized it to 4(w)x3(h) to allow an extra row of icons above the dock.  I removed the row of icons and resized the widget to 4(w)x4(h) to make the calendar appear on the Homescreen.

Selecting Maximise widgets on lock screen menu allowed the calendar to be displayed on the lockscreen at all times instead of having to enlarge the widget manually on the lockscreen every time.

I feel a wee bit silly for not figuring it out sooner.

Edited by abarthman

Guest lolasher

It's possible that /data on sdcard makes battery drain? I don't know what to choose now, issuficient storage or poor battery...

Guest sharix

Bug report with [7.3] version: when I turn on the screen, the dots for pattern unlock don't appear. the clock widget and navigation bar buttons also do not appear. I can still unlock the phone if I slide where the pattern dots should be. I will post the logcat later when I have the time.

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

I can confirm that the lock screen bug has happened to me also. Another thing: Frozen clock on lock screen, that updates when I unlock.

Guest Droopy_be

I can confirm that the lock screen bug has happened to me also. Another thing: Frozen clock on lock screen, that updates when I unlock.

Idem for me

Guest Roeloff

Bug report with [7.3] version: when I turn on the screen, the dots for pattern unlock don't appear. the clock widget and navigation bar buttons also do not appear. I can still unlock the phone if I slide where the pattern dots should be. I will post the logcat later when I have the time.

For me too.

Guest zeelog

why one would need a navbar in lockscreen is beyond me, nevertheless navbar will appear if you swipe down the status bar, cLock widget won't display properly with navbar on, presumably because it needs a larger area which is taken by navbar space. although you didn't mention that you turned on 'show status bar & navbar' in lock screen i'm assuming that you did so, so to mitigate the 'issues' you mentioned either turn that pointless option off or else as a workaround turn on maximize widgets

Edited by zeelog