[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest ExCaL1BuR

Hi everyone :)

Zeelog I want to make 2 questions, one important and other just curiosity.

Will U update All your roms to fix the heartbleed bug?

And also will U incorporate the new google camera on the next update for this rom?

Thanks for every work of yours and Keep the insane good work ^_^

Chears

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

1. Heartbleed is an openssl leak, which is something websites have to fix.
2. The new camera depends on the drivers and chips and firmware, neither of which can be supported for the newest app as much as I remember, just like we can't get a newer subversion of Linux on our phone, it's just too old. 

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

1. Heartbleed is an openssl leak, which is something websites have to fix.

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

you are wrong :) 

heartbleed is a client (your browser and your computer) problem as well as web server. both ends of the ssl (https) connection can be attacked equally.

in the android world, only android 4.1.1 was vulnerable though.

I know the issue with android.media.process was already reported in the past however by the absence of new comments regarding this problem, I'm assuming that it was successfully sorted or I am wrong?

Here, even with a fresh install the issue still comes quite frequently.

PS: I'm not whining, just pass by to make sure I wasn't the only still facing the same problem.

@zeelog, thanks for your time developing this rom.

Guest joaolcm

I know the issue with android.media.process was already reported in the past however by the absence of new comments regarding this problem, I'm assuming that it was successfully sorted or I am wrong?

Here, even with a fresh install the issue still comes quite frequently.

PS: I'm not whining, just pass by to make sure I wasn't the only still facing the same problem.

@zeelog, thanks for your time developing this rom.

I get the same issue sometimes.. maybe it can be fixed?  :)

Other than that, the rom is quite nice. Keep up the good work 'zeelog' ;)

Guest KonstaT

FM is no longer supported by Cyanogenmod! Ask them why. If you want FM so much - use older ROM.

I have to call bullshit on that. ;) Of course there's FM radio support in CM11, even two of my devices (Moto G, Blade III) use it.

ST-Ericsson method (that Blade used) was dropped because there was only one or two official (Sony) CM devices that used it couple of Android versions ago (CM10/CM10.1). No point in dragging it along and it's not coming back either. If you still want to use it, you need to forward port it yourselves.

Guest killadroid_

after using bluetooth it keeps switching on and off now when i try to use it.clearing bluetooth share data solves the issue tho

Guest Filipe_24

I get the same issue sometimes.. maybe it can be fixed? :)

Other than that, the rom is quite nice. Keep up the good work 'zeelog' ;)

I dont know if that issue has been fixed with 31-04 update , but i have that error sometimes and the only way i can solve it is to unmount e mount the sd card through the settings ...

There are at least to things i've noticed that keeps bugging me :

1- Everytime i receive a call , the caller takes quite some time to appear...

2- The other one is , as it was already posted by another users , is that i have now to turn data on to receive mms everytime , and in previous versions like KonsTaT 4.3.2 , i didnt had to turn it on cause it did automaticly ... Even if i have Auto-Retrieve MMS On it doesnt work ...

I have two more questions if someone is able to help me.

1- I want to add a Portuguese Dictionary on the Add-On option ,but i cant find them anywhere .

Any hint ?

2- And , to flash the 31 March update , do i need to do a full wipe ?

Guest gerhardo

I get this without SIM also with build.prop persist.ril.enable=false

With SIM, the Blade is a completely different device...

Guest raizor6th

i had a problem with restoring sms from sms backup and TB, it seems that it has been restored when i open the messaging app but after few seconds all of the messages disappears. to sort this out, i just did install the latest release rom(20140331) over the previous release without wiping anything that way i still have my messages. thanks anyway for another update zeelog. keep it up.

Guest killadroid_

Anyone using the swap feature? how's the performance difference? any improvement before I create a partition with swap? or ??

swap will eventually kill ur sdcard

Guest Fizziebaunz

after using bluetooth it keeps switching on and off now when i try to use it.clearing bluetooth share data solves the issue tho

Are You using Xposed framework... it's probably the one affecting Bluetooth

Guest Fizziebaunz

yes & i can't stop using xposed

Then don't bring up the Bluetooth issue... it's alright without Xposed.

Thanks for the info about swap.

Guest Filipe_24

Hi guys ,

So with this new Android version, we now have the option to Import Dictionary Files to the AOSP Keyboard , so anyone knows where to get those files ?

I could use Google Keyboard but it doesnt work for me , force closes everytime i select it ...

Guest Fizziebaunz

hi zeelog, zte has released an update kernel for gingerbread devices (yes, in 2014 and zte still updates the code, confirmed by KonstaT himself), does it work on our device? http://support.zte.com.cn/support//news/NewsDetail.aspx?newsId=1005302

I don't know if this is the question I should ask. but with a newer kernel update what does it mean to our device. Faster or smoother feel or much more?