[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest TheCactusman

live wallpapers working fine here.wasnt able to get them working on cm10.1 or 10.2

Regular live wallpapers or Multipicture Live Wallpaper? I think it's something to do with the file system in Kitkat being different or something, it just doesn't show any pictures.

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

Depends on how much you use your phone and for what. I'd typically prefer smartassv2 though.

Guest lepetitdiavol

Hey guys, just installed the rom. Pretty cool, everything works fine and pretty fast too, considering the hardware. I did a completely clean install, plenty of space in system partition, but I'm having a problem with the wifi setting. It's just greyed out and doesn't seem to ever turn on. Any ideas?

Guest silverchair

Just installed the rom myself - pretty slick even compared to the 4.2.2 version of CM. Several things I've noticed so far:

1. Antutu says it is incompatible with this rom (it did install and work on 4.2.2).
  2. The proximity sensor needed calibration as otherwise the screen would not turn on after finishing a call.
  3. Receiving a call takes a couple of seconds for the screen to turn on (see it is already reported)
  4. Volume control does not work when on "desktop", it used to work on 4.2.2 and it works on Nexus 5, if it is a setting, can you point me to it?
  5. Wi-fi is slower, around 300-400 Kb/s, I see changes to its driver in latest version..

So far so good.

A quick question - how do I enable the script for extending the sd card so I can install more apps? I read that it is included with the rom but can't find anything relevant in settings (obviously never done that before, 160 system were fine for me before).

Edited by silverchair

Guest silverchair

I then must be misunderstanding the value of these so called "move 2 sd" apps. The blade has 2 Gb SD card by default, some of it is used as "internal memory", the other is shown as "usb storage" in the settings. Is there no way to utilize this "usb storage" for the apps?

Guest mpvargas

If the card as a ext partitition this rom will recognise it and use it for aplications, just create the partion in cwm.

Guest silverchair

Would I have to TPT and flash the rom all from scratch after creating a second partition on the sd card via CWM?

Guest Filipe_24

Would I have to TPT and flash the rom all from scratch after creating a second partition on the sd card via CWM?

You dont need to TPT all over again , but you have to flash only the ROM all over again ... Just partition your SD card 512mb or 1024mb are enough , then wipe data/factory reset and cache , install ROM , install GAPPS and you are good to go ... Take in mind that partitioning your SD Card will erase all of its content , so make sure you backup all the files you want before partition ... 

Guys , does anyone knows wich BusyBox version comes with this ROM ?

Because in BusyBox Installer says it is 1.21.1 and the newest version as far as i know is 1.22.1 from January 2014

Guest raizor6th

you can copy these fonts in system/fonts folder & apply appropriate permissions followed by reboot, however you would need a larger TPT (say 185Mb) alternatively trim ROM or uninstall unused system apps, full set of emoji fonts are around 3.2Mb...

oh thank you so much zeelog. :-)

Edit: what is the correct permissions should be applied? i've set to 640 and rebooted but still i don't see emoji.

Edit: my bad it should be set to 644 and i can see them now but there's another problem, when i select one and send it it displays nothing :-(

Edited by raizor6th

Guest killadroid

Guys , does anyone knows wich BusyBox version comes with this ROM ?

Because in BusyBox Installer says it is 1.21.1 and the newest version as far as i know is 1.22.1 from January 2014

it comes with 1.22.1

Guest emotty

new build up:

[5 MAY 14]

DOWNLOAD

MD5: 5e1077ccdaf5033b7b22d0bfb3650ab5

mostly keeping up with upstream

wifi driver now built from atheros sdk2 source
battery life improvement - changed the wifi deep sleep timeout to 5mins (was 15)
(credit to plaguedbypenguins for the above)
lockscreen wallpaper fixes
text layout fixes on QS smaller tiles
mobile networks menu now in settings (added as a separate menu)
new gapps package - updated playstore
gapps package (5/5/2014) - Download
& other fixes/commits from androidarmv6/CM upstream not mentioned in the changelog

:) thanks :)

Guest silverchair

Reboot of the phone fixed the issue, weird .. another question if I may. KitKat comes with Chrome by default and the old browser is not present at all on devices that come directly with KitKat (i.e. not upgraded from Jelly Bean). Is the old browser left on purpose in this rom (or in Cyanogenmod maybe?) because of performance considerations for weak devices like ours? Or maybe because of storage considerations since our internal is very small?

Edited by silverchair

Guest killadroid

Can anyone else confirm the extremely slow wi-fi speed with the latest build?

maybe its just ur router has slow internet

Guest silverchair

maybe its just ur router has slow internet

Already replied that reboot of the phone fixed the slow wi-fi. I have 3+ devices at home so if none of them has the issue it could not possibly be the rooter. Don't u think this would be the first thing I would check instead of writing here to bother everyone ..

Guest karololszak

You can't have Chrome on ZTE Blade because it's compiled for ARMv7 chips (CPUs) while Blade has an ARMv6 one... Same goes for many other apps you can't install (or even find if you are not using the website) from Google Play.

Guest Davlat

I'm installed Android 4.4.2 CyanogenMod, works great, FM Radio works, Bluetooth and more new features but doesnt work Wi-Fi. My Device ZTE Blade III_IL Pelephone

Guest Number1One

Switched from the Feb (i think) version to the newest version, did a full wipe. However i'm encountering lots of forced closed apps, keyboard problems, status bar freezes and problems when changing to landscape.

Anyone else having trouble?? Think i might try a reflash, any other tips??

Guest gamebusterz

I am getting 'Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped' repeatedly. I can press OK and continue my but it keeps popping up every now and then. I had this in the 8th March build (not initially but after a few months) and then I thought maybe installing the latest build will solve the problem. But it didn't. I had cleared the cache, the dalvik cache, formatted the /system and then installed this new build. But, to no avail. Can anybody help, please ?

Edited by gamebusterz