[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

Yeah, basically what he ^ said....

The ZTE Blade came out near end of 2010, and was only supported up to the "initial" rom it shipped with... ie: Android 2.1 (Eclair).

The fact we've had, FroYo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, IceCream Sandwich, JellyBean and KitKat.... we should be grateful for those, and without our Dev's.... We wouldn't have, which the way SOME PEOPLE ON THESE BOARD CARRY ON, we won't even have our last remaining known Dev....

We can't expect this phone to keep going on, and on and on... Heck, it only has 512Mb of storage space to store the OS, which mainly around 80-90Mb mark... I dare say even Lollipop is way above that by now...

The noobs (and we were all one, at one point) just need to calm the f__k down, and just wait... Like we all used to in the past, if he wants to carry on developing for us, he'll let us know when "HE IS READY" and not be told, when we want a new rom... Thats how its always worked...

Cheers, Lister

I never said it won't happen, but not only ART has be ported, it will have to be working without problems. And then a 5.0 ROM has to be ported and be good enough, otherwise users will start complaining a lot with a half working or slow ROM. We have no active developers here and even KitKat was a big surprise. Blade is a lower-end phone from 2010, we should to be realistic and thankful for what we have.

Guest FFS2309

Hi All,

Yeah, basically what he ^ said....

The ZTE Blade came out near end of 2010, and was only supported up to the "initial" rom it shipped with... ie: Android 2.1 (Eclair).

The fact we've had, FroYo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, IceCream Sandwich, JellyBean and KitKat.... we should be grateful for those, and without our Dev's.... We wouldn't have, which the way SOME PEOPLE ON THESE BOARD CARRY ON, we won't even have our last remaining known Dev....

We can't expect this phone to keep going on, and on and on... Heck, it only has 512Mb of storage space to store the OS, which mainly around 80-90Mb mark... I dare say even Lollipop is way above that by now...

The noobs (and we were all one, at one point) just need to calm the f__k down, and just wait... Like we all used to in the past, if he wants to carry on developing for us, he'll let us know when "HE IS READY" and not be told, when we want a new rom... Thats how its always worked...

Cheers, Lister

That's what I'm thinking but I only wanted to point out that it's possible so it could be coming and maybe I will get myself a try on porting and even if it's slow and people complain what would probably happen I personally think it's worth a try because you know that you've done it and who really uses this phone anymore who really wants everything to be smooth ? That shouldn't be that much and I think if it is possible to port and someone is there who knows how than it should happen because this person could be proud of himself because he has done something nearly impossible and for me that is what matters and even if this device is going to be dead soon it wouldn't be that worse because it is the low section on low-end and that kitkat even runs that fast as it does is sooo amazing and I hope as said it will be alive longer. And if I have spare time I will try to port this. And I think you can ask people if they want to port it, it is ok but don't try to force anyone to do this because that wouldn't work .

Guest gerhardo

Stop all porting immediately!

I do not want to be surprised again seeing amazing updates to the Blade.

No more releases to try out will save time. Stop posting here too.

I recommend that people considering an upgrade to get the Huawei Y550, it is £49.95 delivered from carphonewarehouse on PAYG upgrade, it is unlocked but you need someone with a payg sim that is 6 months+ old and has been topped up within the last 6 months. Here are the specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_y550-6676.php

64bit qualcomm snapdragon 410 cortex a53 with 4G support, 1gb ram, 4gb rom and microsd. It is an incredible phone for the money. We just need it rooting and a custom rom building as the stock UI is bad. The Moto E is good but the specs are much better on the y550 overall. Ordered the y550 myself, for £46.90 delivered (after £3.05 topcashback) just waiting on root and custom roms now.

Edited by Guest

Guest Roeloff

Yes, it's time to retire the trusty Blade as your main phone. You can still use it as an alarm clock or remote control. Newer phones are much smoother. Going back to the Blade on anything other than CM7 is a painfully slow experience!

In addition to the phones mentioned above, and if you want to stay loyal to ZTE, the Blade Q Mini is a good buy (unlockable and rootable). You can stick Xposed Framework and Gravitybox on there for tweakability. See here and here for more info. There are ROMs, but they're Chinese in origin and offer little improvement on the stock Android 4.1.

Edited by Roeloff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shahmatt

Hey there guys.

After my last Chinese phone died on me catastrophically due to it a busted power circuit I was left high and dry with absolutely no communication device.

I eventually got a Xiaomi Redmi Note in double quick time. But the bad previous experience made me realize I have absolutely no backup phone.

So I searched around and found my old Blade. Switched it on and it started just fine, plus the screen looks pretty darn good for such an ancient device. Unfortunately the digitizer had completely died on me and it was non-responsive to touch.

So I purchased a digitizer off ebay and installed it today. And the phone works! YAY!

So it seems that the last ROM I had on this baby was Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread). I believe it was developed by Konstat.

So this phone is going to be my backup. I'll keep it running as an alarm clock and hour chime and such, for the occasional fiddling around, and maybe a baby music box (for ol' baby kidson). But if I want to upgrade ROMs is this the one to go for? And if so can I flash it using CyanogenMod in the old fashioned way? Or do I need to check partitions n such?

Advice much appreciated. The Blade was truly a revolutionary device.

Welcome Shahmatt!

I definitely recommend having a go with this ROM, you will be amazed!

Just make a proper backup to start with.

Grab the latest ROM and recovery from the second post.

Important: Re-partition to have 180MB System size using TPT-helper.

Make sure you have a SD card which has two partitions: one that is ext formatted (eg 1GB) which will automatically be used by the system for installing apps. The rest of the sd card should be standard FAT.

Other than that just stick to the first post and you will be rewarded with a "new" phone.

Don't forget to give credits to zeelog for his truly amazing work!

Guest elrond_bs

I agree, this ROM is certainly one of the best and it's nice to have the latest possible Android version. But if you are rarely going to use the phone, then it may not be worthed the time and efforts to change partitions and reinstall everything. It's up to you.

If you still want to do it, you can skip making a new partition on the SD card - it's only needed if you want to use the included int2ext script, to have more space for installing apps. But this script also inevitably slows down the phone (even with class 10 SD card). I'm currently using the ROM without it and it's significantly faster. The drawback is you have less space for apps, but you can still use the build-in Move to SD card option in Settings - Apps.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest jkomuves

Sorry! Help me, the  recovery-clockworkmod-6.0.5.3-blade-TLS-v3-SWIPE.zip on mediafire.com is "Deleted or invalid file". Can anybody give me another download link to this recovery?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nizulko

ну так что, теперь точно пиздец, не будет никаких обновлений. полгода местные долбоебы ждут манны небесной.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

For the love of god Nizulko,

... what is this? Like the 4th or 5th time, you keep asking the same question....??

As you still show a lack of respect for the original developer, and ya is in such great demand of this update.... We're all still waiting for YOU take over from Zeelog and compile us the latest rom...   / No????

Man alive..... :(

ну так что, теперь точно пиздец, не будет никаких обновлений. полгода местные долбоебы ждут манны небесной.

[badly translated by Google, but I think everyone gets the idea]

so what , now just f**ked up, there will be no updates . six months local dunce waiting for manna from heaven
Edited by Lister Of Smeg

My camera doesn't work with this ROM, I got "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped" error when I launched the camera application after a clean installation, my phone is Orange San Francisco White GEN1 (upgraded to GEN2 for non-stock ROMs). I've tried other CM versions and Swedish-Snow, none worked. The stock ROM works fine - OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08-update-stock-blade-unsigned . Is there something I can do to fix it, like copying some files from the working ROM to CM11?

Edited by bble

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi bble,

Yeah I had that (long time ago, about 3x years ago now)... Where the camera failed to open / initialize, no matter what rom...  Unfortunately (and luckily for me, was still under warranty) I had to send mine back to get a new handset sent out...

I think if you search the forums, I believe there has been similar posts to this, maybe a build issue with poor camera's....?  

I too had upgraded to Gen2 via TPT, and messed around with all the ROMs... Although don't really use the Blade now as main phone, more for messing about rom wise... So don't come across these issues much....

Cheers, Lister

My camera doesn't work with this ROM, I got "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped" error when I launched the camera application after a clean installation, my phone is Orange San Francisco White GEN1 (upgraded to GEN2 for non-stock ROMs). I've tried other CM versions and Swedish-Snow, none worked. The stock ROM works fine - OUK_P729BV1.0.0B08-update-stock-blade-unsigned . Is there something I can do to fix it, like copying some files from the working ROM to CM11?

Hi bble,

Yeah I had that (long time ago, about 3x years ago now)... Where the camera failed to open / initialize, no matter what rom...  Unfortunately (and luckily for me, was still under warranty) I had to send mine back to get a new handset sent out...

I think if you search the forums, I believe there has been similar posts to this, maybe a build issue with poor camera's....?  

I too had upgraded to Gen2 via TPT, and messed around with all the ROMs... Although don't really use the Blade now as main phone, more for messing about rom wise... So don't come across these issues much....

Cheers, Lister

Hi Lister,

I assume you had the camera problem even with the stock ROM as you could replace it under warranty? Mine works fine with stock ROM, I assume it could be that the camera model is different from most batches. I have seen similar posts about camera problems, but they seem a bit different because some of them work with other non-stock ROMs and some are just faulty.

I remember the error was different in an ealier CM version a couple of years ago, it's "Can't connect to camera"

I was thinking maybe I could build the CM11 ROM myself with different settings and/or files from the stock ROM, but I don't know what settings/files I need to change.

new build up, ROM + gapps need at least 186Mb system partition space, int2ext script has been removed since it was causing problems after adding SELinux support.  SELinux mode is set to permissive, at least for the time being, with enforcing mode it just breaks wifi tethering otherwise I didn't notice any problems...This build must be installed with the latest recovery:

[18 JANUARY 2015]

CWM Recovery 6.0.5.3 (v4) - DOWNLOAD

md5: 1088D808D28C9FB6DF829D94120CCBE4

Add SELinux support (required to flash SELinux enabled builds)

ROM 18.1 - DOWNLOAD

md5: 78AC542C0BBA5921A2ACF126BA3E2590

*** IMPORTANT: THIS BUILD MUST BE FLASHED WITH CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3 (v4 - SELINUX) LINK ABOVE OR ON 1st post ***

MINIMUM SYSTEM PARTITION: 186Mb

Various kernel updates noticably:
Add auditd & SELinux support (permissive mode)
Removed INT2EXT script *
Set default governor as Smartassv2
Set default I/O scheduler to SIO
Add SIOPLUS scheduler
various bug fixes
Updated cLOCK widget can be found under the extras folder (ROM package)
other fixes/commits from androidarmv6/CM upstream not mentioned in the changelog

* as alternative us S2E mod (thanks to psyke83 & oleg krikun)

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog,

Long time no speak, glad to see ya alive and well... Hope ya had a great Christmas & New Year !! :) 

Dude, don't take this the wrong way... But I could give you a great big "Bro-Hug" man....  :P  This is one heck of an update dude...  Not only is it nice to see a new Rom update, always welcomed... ;) :D But ya also bring a solution to an age old issue I've had for yonks... A modified S2E that supports newer Android than 4.1.2 (not tried it yet, need to install rom first). But will this S2E work with other devices running new Android OS's too??

Cheers, Lister

new build up, ROM + gapps need at least 186Mb system partition space, int2ext script has been removed since it was causing problems after adding SELinux support.  SELinux mode is set to permissive, at least for the time being, with enforcing mode it just breaks wifi tethering otherwise I didn't notice any problems...This build must be installed with the latest recovery:

[18 JANUARY 2015]

CWM Recovery 6.0.5.3 (v4) - DOWNLOAD

md5: 1088D808D28C9FB6DF829D94120CCBE4

Add SELinux support (required to flash SELinux enabled builds)

ROM 18.1 - DOWNLOAD

md5: 78AC542C0BBA5921A2ACF126BA3E2590

*** IMPORTANT: THIS BUILD MUST BE FLASHED WITH CWM RECOVERY 6.0.5.3 (v4 - SELINUX) LINK ABOVE OR ON 1st post ***

MINIMUM SYSTEM PARTITION: 186Mb

Various kernel updates noticably:
Add auditd & SELinux support (permissive mode)
Removed INT2EXT script *
Set default governor as Smartassv2
Set default I/O scheduler to SIO
Add SIOPLUS scheduler
various bug fixes
Updated cLOCK widget can be found under the extras folder (ROM package)
other fixes/commits from androidarmv6/CM upstream not mentioned in the changelog

* as alternative us S2E mod (thanks to psyke83 & oleg krikun)

Hi ZeeLog,

Long time no speak, glad to see ya alive and well... Hope ya had a great Christmas & New Year !! :) 

Dude, don't take this the wrong way... But I could give you a great big "Bro-Hug" man....  :P  This is one heck of an update dude...  Not only is it nice to see a new Rom update, always welcomed... ;) :D But ya also bring a solution to an age old issue I've had for yonks... A modified S2E that supports newer Android than 4.1.2 (not tried it yet, need to install rom first). But will this S2E work with other devices running new Android OS's too??

Cheers, Lister

re s2e, the version I posted is well tested under cm11 and has been modified to work under cm11, however you can give these s2e versions a try: link