[DEV][ROM] [25.1] CyanogenMod 11.0 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest zeelog

Guest abarthman

- cLock accounts for a whopping 80% of my battery use! I think it's due to me mistakenly enabling location access during initial CM setup, but I don't see any settings to disable it now. Location access is off in the regular settings.

Good observation.  I'll watch out for that when installing 11/1 today.

I'm enjoying these regular KitKat updates.  Takes me back to the days of the nightlies.

Guest pravnrai1993

Trying out the latest build. Some observations and questions:

- all transition animations between apps are off, even when using other launchers. Is this on purpose?

- cLock accounts for a whopping 80% of my battery use! I think it's due to me mistakenly enabling location access during initial CM setup, but I don't see any settings to disable it now. Location access is off in the regular settings.

- it's hard to tell without animations, but the phone feels much, MUCH snappier with KitKat, and multitasking seems more robust, as well as app installation and updates. Everything feels far more usable, with less waiting between operations: Hangouts, Facebook messenger, other apps...

- typing is much smoother, there's almost no lag even without popups.

Regarding animations, after installing the latest update i also face the same issue. Later on i noticed that all animations were turned off from developer settings. I then, turned all of them on and now they are running smoothly. :)

does it now support lock screen widgets..

chek if there is a option in settings> security to enable widgets

for lock screen widgets you have to edit ro.config.low_ram property in build.prop to false & reboot

- all transition animations between apps are off, even when using other launchers. Is this on purpose?

no real purpose, it's just a matter of personal preference - personally i hate it so much that i have disabled all animations by default  :)  you can always enable them if you like

Edited by zeelog

Guest mikeb90

hey guys, i've a question:
i got a Gen2 ZTE Blade with 160mb of internal partition, of course i need 180mb partition to install KitKat, so my question is the next:"To install a 180mb TPT do i need to do either something different from what is reported in this page http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts, or i can just run the installation process putting the files in the SD card? Thx in advance

Guest Roeloff

hey guys, i've a question:

i got a Gen2 ZTE Blade with 160mb of internal partition, of course i need 180mb partition to install KitKat, so my question is the next:"To install a 180mb TPT do i need to do either something different from what is reported in this page http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/blade-tpts, or i can just run the installation process putting the files in the SD card? Thx in advance

yeah, unzip the 180mb system tpt to your sd card. Then reboot holding the buttons as stated.

Delete the "image" folder on the sd card afterwards to avoid accidentally tpting again.

don't forget to backup your current installation!

Edited by Roeloff

Guest Roeloff

for lock screen widgets you have to edit ro.config.low_ram property in build.prop to false & reboot

no real purpose, it's just a matter of personal preference - personally i hate it so much that i have disabled all animations by default  :)  you can always enable them if you like

Zeelog, would it be best to disable the on-screen buttons by default for the Blade builds? Does anyone use them?

Guest mikeb90

yeah, unzip the 180mb system tpt to your sd card. Then reboot holding the buttons as stated.

Delete the "image" folder on the sd card afterwards to avoid accidentally tpting again.

don't forget to backup your current installation!

thanks mate :)

Many thanks for work on KitKat for blade! :)

I have one very very newbie question. 

When i try to install ROM i get that symlinks failed (Status 7) error.
Now I've had this error once before and I've solved it by installing newer clockwerk recovery. Now im running on "recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-blade-gen2-update_signed". Is it sufficient for CM 11 or am I making some other mistake?
Thanks in advance :)

Guest killadroid

Many thanks for work on KitKat for blade! :)

I have one very very newbie question.

When i try to install ROM i get that symlinks failed (Status 7) error.

Now I've had this error once before and I've solved it by installing newer clockwerk recovery. Now im running on "recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-blade-gen2-update_signed". Is it sufficient for CM 11 or am I making some other mistake?

Thanks in advance :)

update to cwm 6.0.1.1 or 6.0.2.7

I've updated cwm to 6.0.2.7. It seems that cwm version is not the problem.
When i list logs in advanced menu i get : symlink: failed to symlink  out of memory for few paths: "/system/xbin/xzcat" to busybox and similar.

I've partitioned SD to 1024M (total size is 2GB i believ). 

Guest xxtrakerxx
Hi i have problem I do a full wipe and cache partition and when the phone screen is not working me what is? I'm doing something wrong? the phone is in gen 2 original rom is 2.2.2 phone RBM ONE

Guest Roy Fokker

Anyone able to reproduce the cLock problem? I have disabled it and the battery issues seem to be gone.

And what happened with the CM account settings, zeelog?

Guest xxtrakerxx
sorry for the poor English but I use google translator

RBM have ONE (ZTE BLADE) 2 gene have now swedish snow by installing the rom (full vipe etc) does not work my screen just can not unlock in the swedish snow is normally while not here
Edited by xxtrakerxx

Guest sergiuv

Hi i have problem I do a full wipe and cache partition and when the phone screen is not working me what is? I'm doing something wrong? the phone is in gen 2 original rom is 2.2.2 phone RBM ONE

I had a similar problem. Usually the display light turns off when I'm installing applications. If I lock the screen I can hear the lock sound and I can unlock but the screen is dark. Also the launcher crashed many times when I was trying to change the wallpaper. 

Edited by sergiuv

Guest xxtrakerxx

but the problem is that I can not unlock the phone because the screen does not work, not only on this ROM but on each of a series of CM have CWM version v6.0.2.7 so I do not know what is wrong

Guest szpilasty
Anyone able to reproduce the cLock problem? I have disabled it and the battery issues seem to be gone. And what happened with the CM account settings, zeelog?
I'm on 11.01 build no problem with cLock. Syncing calendar, no battery drain, just perfect. Messed thumbnail after camcorder recording (no focus??) but I hope it will magicly appear like before. :D So far so good! Thank You!! Edited by szpilasty

Guest Roy Fokker

I'm not sure what's causing it, but I finally stopped the drain by enabling Privacy Guard for cLock. I'm not using it for Calendar events, just time and weather, so it works well now.

When I get a Class 10 MicroSD card and switch to Int2Ext, I'll do a full wipe and format and start from scratch, so I'm hoping that'll get rid of any buggy behaviour.

Except for minor annoyances, I really have to say that this is definitely the first time I actually feel like the Blade is a usable, competent phone, and not just a cheap Android toy for pushing to its limits. I don't really know what it is, but it just... works. No more little stutters, waiting for stuff to load, acting up when updating apps, sluggish multitasking. I loaded up all the crap that usually bogged it down in daily use, and it's chugging along without problems.

SO FAR.

I'm hoping it'll just get better and better, but this is just... wow.

Guest gerhardo

First: Thanks for the port. Very reasonable defaults.

Thanks!

The only I can whine about is including Email by default and Navigation bar enabled by default.

(Also sorry for not being clearer in a previous post, I was very aware that 170 MiB /system would not work, this was before I messed with TPT.)

I suggest users without SIM set "persist.ril.enable=false" in build.prop. (Maybe add to first post?)

That seem to slow down this ROM a lot more than other ROMs I have tried.

Especially after startup, it takes minutes before you can do anything. logcat is busy.

Also after startup, it was hard to edit build.prop as Launcher3 or CM FileManager stopped responding, even reboots.

I tried edit in adb (both Android and recovery), but the ROM did not start after that.

CM11 runs fine for me, but no major use.

About the same as 10.0 to me (not much use with 10.1/10.2), maybe just slower than SwedishSnow.

gen1, 512MB

/system 180 MiB (3MB left)

1 GB /sd-ext