European OTA roll out started (UK is a go!)

Guest jusumgeezer

Guest digital0

Just downloading the kit kat update now. Have a tesco moto g. Have done nothing to i since i got it.A prompt just came up automatically asking me if I wanted to download it. Approx 23:05 on Friday 10th jan. 187mb over WiFi.

Could you please save the zip file from /cache?

Same here , receive automatic update from Tesco.

I downloaded but I haven't installed yet. Where can I find the file so I can uploaded here?

Someone says /cache?

EDIT: Got the update myself now too. I'm going to leave the notification open for a bit - anyone want to give instructions?

I've started downloading, along with seemingly a lot of others? 200MB download estimated 321 minutes

Edited by fuzzyy

Got the OTA - Error whilst installing on the green droid screen. Rooted, Unlocked Tesco 8gb. Thought it failed as I had xposed & gravitybox installed.. Turned em off.. re-leeched but same same.

Got the OTA - Error whilst installing on the green droid screen. Rooted, Unlocked Tesco 8gb. Thought it failed as I had xposed & gravitybox installed.. Turned em off.. re-leeched but same same.

Can't it fail just because of root? Having Superuser in the system apps folder?

Guest MrPuddington

Got a few friends running untouched TESCO ROM, so I've told them not to apply the update so I can attempt to pull it off first.(fnar fnar!)

Will wait & see what happens...

I have one here that got the update. Any idea how to read it out? It is not showing up in Downloads where I was expecting it. (And I never got ADB to work since the new pairing feature.)

uploaded Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB.zip to mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/download/74za37fgwflgubf/Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB.zip

I have an unlocked rooted stock 4.3 with CWM recovery but the install failed - I think it needs stock recovery. It also started shutting down a few seconds after starting up & I needed to restore my CWM backup. I also copied the zip to the SDCard & tried to flash it with CWM but got an error message "This package is for "falcon_umts" devices, this is a "xt1032""

We need someone clever to make a de-odexed, zipaligned, debloated, rooted, flashable CWM zip. That doesn't sound too much, does it? :-)

Edited by dwl99

Guest MickJack

Just been offered the update, Tesco 16g, root,unlockedbootloader, downloaded the update will install later, looking into the handset files cannot see or know what I am looking for ? Happy to copy and dropbox/drive if I knew what it looked like and where it is hidden. Guess someone who knows what they are doing will be on it but won't run the update until later.

Edit: 10am ish, getting it now, the update is the Blur_Version.14.71.8.falcon_umts.TescoSL.en.GB.zip as above, good work dwl99. also more links on xda. looks like we have what we wanted :-)

2nd Edit: 11am ish, Just used 'rom toolbox app', found the zip in cache, will watch dwl99's and others before installing, expect it may not, I am XT1032 as well and working well on 4.3. I am sure a flashable file will be here soon or I will be on to tillaz's infusion.

3rd Edit 5.30pm. asked handset to install, failed. Started again, full download - straight into install (handset plugged into charger) failed again. no reason shown, starts ok but just stops and reboots back to where I started.

Edited by MickJack

Guest henrythedog

updated mine this morning, un-rooted stock tesco 8gb model, installed fine, took approx 10 mins. One thing to look out for, I noticed it chnaged the settings back to default in one or 2 places... had to select my network again to get a signal and also that it had reverted to NOT being in  battery saver. I also checked to see if I could now install non-market apps without getting the "parsing failed" error... no luck unfortunately, will have to stick to google drive method for now it seems.

Just restarted my phone and daw the update notification. Haven't downloaded it yet as not near WiFi. I'm have Tesco 16 GB model, only network unlocked, no root etc.

Guest Simon O

Tesco update is the same as the German and French updates but you must use the right OTA for your installed ROM. Just means if you flashed the German ROM then there is no need to reflash as you wont gain anything :)

So I read that the 4.4 updated has been realeased to UK phones. I've bought mine at Amazon.uk but when I check System Updates it says that my system is up to date. Any answers? Thank you.

Guest Simon O

Thank you. Even If I'm in Portugal (no sim lock) I'll have the update by then?

Yes. it doesn't matter which country you are in as updates will roll out to all devices running a specific rom version.

So am I, just got a message saying the update is available - Kitkat 4.4.2.

Now I just need to either set up my data dongle to share as WiFi from my laptop or go to the local Wetherspoons, Woods Wine bar or coffee shop to get a download.

Guest trueno2k

I received the retail UK this morning.

So am I, just got a message saying the update is available - Kitkat 4.4.2.

Now I just need to either set up my data dongle to share as WiFi from my laptop or go to the local Wetherspoons, Woods Wine bar or coffee shop to get a download.

Jammy Buggers!.. I've yet to receive my OTA notice on my Tesco Moto G with sim-unlocked and UK retail firmware flashed on it!.. :angry: So annoyed that I wished I'd never flashed the firmware on to it!.. :angry2:

Guest trueno2k

Any problems with using the flash method that I used to flash the UK retail firmware to my Tesco Moto G with the Tesco 4.4.2 firmware that can be found and downloaded from HERE