[DISCONTINUED] [KK] [ROM] [CM11] Hybrid Rom beta1

Guest GHE_1908

Guest GHE_1908

This rom is discontinued for now. Apologies.

Presenting Hybrid Rom, created by me (GHE_1908) for the Huawei Ascend G300.
This rom is based on Cyanogenmod 11 by Dazzozo and includes many build.prop tweaks, app removals and much more.
I'm taking this opportunity to share with everyone a rom that I have created, and I hope everyone likes it.

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2014-01-09-12-50-31.pngScreenshot_2014-01-09-12-46-08.pngScreenshot_2014-01-09-12-50-21.pngScreenshot_2014-01-09-12-49-48.pngScreenshot_2014-01-09-12-50-43.pngScreenshot_2014-01-09-13-06-53.pngScreenshot_2014-01-09-12-50-06.png

Features:

172MB free ram on first boot

Peformance boosts
Battery tweaks

Different USB connected icon (thanks to Kyan31)
Removed CMAccount (standard setup)
Removed CMWallpaper
Removed CMUpdater

Removed ugly Quick Search Box
Lock button in pulldown status bar

Smoother scrolling

Smoother notification pulldown

Developer settings enabled by default

Changed some settings

Smoother UI

Integrated Xposed Installer

Integrated Seeder (enable for less lag)

New boot animation (thanks to fraska)

Transparent status bar

Many more to come...

Downloads:
DOWNLOAD <---Rom

GApps coming soon! For now, just use your ordinary 4.4.2 gapps!

Installation:

Press the +1 button

Install CWM 6.0.4.5 if you haven't already. http://www.modaco.com/topic/359191-recovery-cwm-clockworkmod-recovery-v6045-cm-last-updated-2112/

Download the rom and transfer it to your phone's external sd card.

Wipe data/factory reset.

Format /system (if you are paranoid something will go wrong)

Format dalvik cache

Install rom

Install Gapps

Wipe cache and dalvik cache

Reboot (first boot takes longer, don't panic)

Credits:
Dazzozo and the Cyanogenmod team for the base
Kyan31 for helping me out. You are one of the Gods of MoDaCo
Cyda for a few tips

Rhen and the Paranoid Android team for the Google Apps

Dsixda for the Android Kitchen

Fraska for the boot animation

All the rom cookers on MoDaCo, for giving me the inspiration.

Anyone I have forgotten! PM me and I will add you!

PLEASE NOTE: Constructive criticism is very helpful, I will definitely take it into consideration, but if you are just going to post rude and nasty comments, I will have you reported. Also, this is my first stab at making a rom. You may think that some things in it are not useful, or a waste etc. etc. but you have to consider that I am a beginner. You can give me some ideas or tips and I will get back to you.

Edited by GHE_1908

Guest GHE_1908

Bugs:
All bugs present in Cyanogenmod 11 (20140108) will be present in Hybrid Rom except for:

Battery, tweaks have been used for better battery life.

Notification pulldown speed has been optimized.

Found a new bug? PM me!

NOTE: Do not report a bug if:

1. You didn't wipe before installing

2. You have installed mods or tweaks

3. You have no patience

Changelog:

beta1 -
- Initial Release

Changelog for next release:

beta2-
- Give me some ideas :)

Recommendations:

- Turn on seeder lag reduction as it helps quite a bit.

- For quicker transitions, go into developer options and set all transitions to .5x

Edited by GHE_1908

Nice to see an initiative to keep the G300 alive :)

Edit: Thanks George for posting the link. Really like the way you have presented.

Edited by smweb

Guest noobster

about the beta2  i here is my opinion:

on the cm11 with the gradient status bar, the status bar pull down effect is very laggy and not smooth at all. If you could make it less laggier i would apreciate it very much

on the cm11 with the gradient status bar, the status bar pull down effect is very laggy and not smooth at all. If you could make it less laggier i would apreciate it very much

It is not an accident that transparent status bar disabled on these devices by default.

If you change the ro.config.low_ram to true, you said to the system that you have enough ram to display and run all the extra stuff. And apps can distinguish how it work/look based on this property too (not implemented by lots of apps at the moment) so they turn the extra features on and become too heavy for our device.

Anyway, Balerion write a method for transparent status bar that works without changing this property in CM11 thread.

People should realize that this phone will not be more powerful and faster with new ROM's (maybe just get worst due to no proper driver support for this hardware for android version above ICS). You have to make compromise with this hardware. You will never get an experience of a more powerful phone.

Edited by rhen

Guest dalyer

If you change the ro.config.low_ram to true, you said to the system that you have enough ram to display and run all the extra stuff. 

false?  ;)

Edited by dalyer

Guest GHE_1908

I have modified the xml file for the expanded header for beta 1 so hopefully it will be improved.

Edited by GHE_1908

Guest bajiaoxiu
Hello! I come from China, used models are: Huawei G300C, configuration and G300, like, in addition to the rear flashing lights.
But I Dazzozo through the brush after the god of 4.4.2, the phone always try to reboot, about reboot every few minutes! Will is the core reason?

Guest GHE_1908

Hello! I come from China, used models are: Huawei G300C, configuration and G300, like, in addition to the rear flashing lights.
But I Dazzozo through the brush after the god of 4.4.2, the phone always try to reboot, about reboot every few minutes! Will is the core reason?

I cant really understand that, you can message me in chinese I understand chinese. might be 3g reboots?

George

Edited by GHE_1908

Guest GHE_1908

Link is up folks. Use any 4.4.2 gapps that will fit. I will have Hybrid 4.4.2 gapps up soon as well!

Enjoy!

George

Edited by GHE_1908

Unfortunately it has some problems with ART: systemui constantly crashes, settings crashed and hunged the phone so I had to pull the battery. Probably those apps are just deodexed.

Edited by jaiton

Thank you for that ROM! All working perfectly fine for me. Just one thing though, when I block the phone, sceen splashes like a tv from the past era :) Do you happen to know what could couse that? It's not bothering that much, but still, effect would be better without it. Thanks for help!

That is "screen-off animation", I dont know if there is option to disable it (using Nightly from 23.12, if you want to disable it you need to modify framework-res.apk), but try to look in "Interface" in Settings.apk :)