[Question To KonstaT] ZTE BLADE 3, ZTE v8200+(Venezuela)

Guest rommerv

Guest rommerv

Hello Friends! I own a V8200 Zte +, which is a phone ONLY released in Venezuela by the government and ZTE ...

The Features of ZTE V8200 + are similar to the ZTE BLADE 3 ...

ZTE V8200 +
8mpx main camera, and 0.3 front
DUAL-CORE CPU Qualcomm 8625 Snapdragon 1.2Ghz
512Mb of RAM
Adreno 203 GPU
Android 4.0.4 factory

Display 4 "Inch

Android Kernel Versión 3.0.21

The question is, can try porting the CyanogenMod ROMS BLADE 3 to this phone (V8200 +)? :unsure:
Grateful respond to my question, please! :)

P.D: We have not released the source code! D: :(

Guest KonstaT
It's more of a Blade III Pro or a Blade G than a Blade III.

What was the question? I'm not porting CyanogenMod for that device if that was what you're asking.

Guest rommerv

It's more of a Blade III Pro or a Blade G than a Blade III.

What was the question? I'm not porting CyanogenMod for that device if that was what you're asking.

Thanks for responding. The question was, if I could make a port of your Cyanogenmods roms for this device! I mean, do you think that could work?

Guest KonstaT
Porting a CM ROM from an another device is the wrong approach to begin with. The whole point of AOSP based ROMs is that they're built from open source code.

Is it possible? If you know what you're doing, you could probably get it booted pretty easily. Making things work to extent that it is actually usable - not very likely. I wouldn't recommend it but if you're going try it anyway, there's some kind of CM port for Blade G which is closer to your device than this one.

Here's a proper CyanogenMod porting guide:

Guest rommerv

Porting a CM ROM from an another device is the wrong approach to begin with. The whole point of AOSP based ROMs is that they're built from open source code.

Is it possible? If you know what you're doing, you could probably get it booted pretty easily. Making things work to extent that it is actually usable - not very likely. I wouldn't recommend it but if you're going try it anyway, there's some kind of CM port for Blade G which is closer to your device than this one.

Here's a proper CyanogenMod porting guide:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

Konstat, I think I can do a port AOSP from CODEAURORA. I was looking, that support the MSM8625 chip mounted on this device. But I'm confused because I also saw in codeaurora, the MSM7627A chipset. Which appears in the "ro.board.platform" line in the build.prop.

I must work with the kernel MSM7627A or directly with the MSM8625?

Here is the link with all releases, if you want to take a look.

https://www.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/

Edited by rommerv

Guest KonstaT
CAF doesn't support msm7x27a based platforms beyond Android 4.1. msm8x25 is basically nothing but a dual-core msm7x27a and msm8x25q a quad-core one, that's why they also identify themselves as msm7x27a.

You won't be able to do anything with CAF kernel without the ZTE's hardware adaptation (display, touchscreen, camera, sensors, etc drivers). There's not much point in building CAF Android either, all necessary bits for QCOM hardware support is already cherry-picked to all major AOSP based ROMs (such as CyanogenMod).

Just because ZTE hasn't released a kernel source specifically for your device doesn't mean they haven't a kernel source that supports your device. They only released Blade III kernel source couple of months ago yet I've been building custom kernels for this device a year now. ;)

Guest rommerv

Well brother, thank you for responding and I get it, after much reading! :) Anyway, I will try to make a port of stock rom blade g... But i'll use the boot.img of v8200+...

You think I can use the ramdisk Blade G with the zImage of my device?

Edited by rommerv

Guest rommerv

Well i ported the stock rom of blade g...

The first time I Flashed the rom, it stay on black screen...

After that, i decompile the Blade G boot.img and used the BootClasspath on the ramdisk of my device...

Again, i flashed the rom and now it stay on bootlogo...

The Blade G Boot.img have the same ramdisk files of my device, but with some mods and extra .rc files...

So, You think I can use all the Blade G ramdisk .rc files with the stock zImage of my device and repack it, to make it boot?

CM is Downloading! :)

Edited by rommerv

• 2 years later...
Guest plmosqueda
On 12/1/2014 at 7:40 PM, rommerv said:

Well i ported the stock rom of blade g...

The first time I Flashed the rom, it stay on black screen...

After that, i decompile the Blade G boot.img and used the BootClasspath on the ramdisk of my device...

Again, i flashed the rom and now it stay on bootlogo...

The Blade G Boot.img have the same ramdisk files of my device, but with some mods and extra .rc files...

So, You think I can use all the Blade G ramdisk .rc files with the stock zImage of my device and repack it, to make it boot?

CM is Downloading! :)

hello, how is this project going?? i want to participate