[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest markoprogramer

Will it be introduced sometime? (Theme support)

Probably not. Search on their forum for that. You will find your answers there.

Guest mtvento

I also had issues with Link2SD. So I tried to mount the 2nd partition (ext4 - created on Arch Linux with mkfs.ext4 v1.42.10) of my sdcard manually. Which failed. I could resolve it by running mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 on adb shell though. Seems to me like some ext4 features are not supported in the kernel.

I will try to find out more about this, since I'm stuck on ext2 for the moment.

Update: A ext4 partition formated with AParted works fine..

You were right, the partition created with aparted works, but this way I've lost all my installed apps...

It's probably true that not all fuctions of ext4 are actually supported by the new versions, so a partition created on a PC will not work any more.

Many thanks.

Guest LotR656

They poster this when they are building slimbran4.3.2

So the themeengine in slimkat will not exist

That is stupid decision from Slim.

Guest keishi16

I have alway had the same question and that I have found this nice ROM to be with, my question is, how do I update? Do i need to flash the rom without doing any wipes? 

Thx!

Guest LotR656

I have alway had the same question and that I have found this nice ROM to be with, my question is, how do I update? Do i need to flash the rom without doing any wipes?

Thx!

Download new build, flash it, wipe dalvik and cache and restart phone.

Guest herrdeh

I tried to activate ART instead of dalvik in the developer's menu. Now everything crashes, phone is unuseable. How did you guys manage to activate ART?

herrdeh

Guest LotR656

I tried to activate ART instead of dalvik in the developer's menu. Now everything crashes, phone is unuseable. How did you guys manage to activate ART?

herrdeh

Same like you. But if you use rom for some time with Dalvik and then switch to ART, apps and other things will crash. You need to do full wipe, install rom and at first boot switch to ART and restart. Everything will be ok then. But ART is not introduced official I think, so some apps on Play Store will not work, so better stay at Dalvik. Edited by LotR656

@chil360: Wonderful ROM, but could you please look into OpenSL-ES implementation? Application like CSipSimple does not work on Slimkat because of it - whenever it tries to initiate call, audio driver crashes. Switching to Java backend doesn't fix it either.

It works fine on stock ROMs.

(It doesn't work on Daz's CM11 too)

Thank you very much for your work.

Edited by rtlx

Guest ZolaIII

@chil360: Wonderful ROM, but could you please look into OpenSL-ES implementation? Application like CSipSimple does not work on Slimkat because of it - whenever it tries to initiate call, audio driver crashes. Switching to Java backend doesn't fix it either.

It works fine on stock ROMs.

(It doesn't work on Daz's CM11 too)

Thank you very much for your work.

Please test all 3 back ends with VLC & report back. A QDSP5 code is updated (in kernel). Their is a possibility they are just not configurated correct.

Guest Karakura Red

Is there a way to turn off that the screen locks when you double tap the upper left or right corner? I couldn't find an option and I didn't even know that it's a feature. I just assumed it's a bug that my screen locked every time it happened by accident.

Guest LotR656

Is there a way to turn off that the screen locks when you double tap the upper left or right corner? I couldn't find an option and I didn't even know that it's a feature. I just assumed it's a bug that my screen locked every time it happened by accident.

I think there is no way to disable that. I dont see why is that so big problem :) and it is for whole status bar, not just for corners.

Guest Karakura Red

I think there is no way to disable that. I dont see why is that so big problem :) and it is for whole status bar, not just for corners.

Oh, you're right. It only worked in the corners when I tried it out before.

It's not a big problem, but it has no use for me. And I just found it slightly annoying because I do it sometimes by accident when I have the phone in one hand.

But thanks for the reply.

Guest okren

Is there a guide or something similar online how to build this kernel from source? (I think) I'm building it right now, but it seems very cumbersome to me.

- mobile

Guest anotherjib

Hi

Which Govenor and Scheduler is the best for most Antutu Points?

I wish I knew. But be warned that in itself antutu is not the ultimate indicator. There are for example such things as battery life or occasional reboots that it does not detect. Also I never get the same result twice with the same setup.