[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest kekkox88

AOSP MOD doesn't use fast boot.

Interesting, so the turn on power with alarm it's related to...? Because only your rom with moddingg kernel or stock are capable to turn on power the phone on alarm ringing.

Guest H3ROS

Interesting, so the turn on power with alarm it's related to...? Because only your rom with moddingg kernel or stock are capable to turn on power the phone on alarm ringing.

I've honestly got no idea. I didn't even know my ROM did this until it was mentioned here. I'd expect every stock based ROM to support the feature, and that's with or without fast boot enabled. And I know that it's impossible for fast boot to have anything to do with it because in my ROM it's been disabled and the option has been removed.

The phone seems to turn itself on a minute before it's due to alert you, so I'd guess that Huawei uses some kind of low level timer. It must interact with the AlarmManager at some point.

Guest ZolaIII

The stock clock app or something related to it is using RTC clock & driver to trigger up sub routine to power on the system with alarm time-60s. Don't really know how it's implemented (starting with driver) bat this can give us a starting point to dig in for actually implemented solution:

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/android-msm-sprat-3.10-kitkat-wear/Documentation/rtc.txt

Very interesting thing! Even its limited to 24h period for many reasons (including security ones).

Guest kekkox88

I've honestly got no idea. I didn't even know my ROM did this until it was mentioned here. I'd expect every stock based ROM to support the feature, and that's with or without fast boot enabled. And I know that it's impossible for fast boot to have anything to do with it because in my ROM it's been disabled and the option has been removed.

The phone seems to turn itself on a minute before it's due to alert you, so I'd guess that Huawei uses some kind of low level timer. It must interact with the AlarmManager at some point.

The stock clock app or something related to it is using RTC clock & driver to trigger up sub routine to power on the system with alarm time-60s. Don't really know how it's implemented (starting with driver) bat this can give us a starting point to dig in for actually implemented solution:

https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm/+/android-msm-sprat-3.10-kitkat-wear/Documentation/rtc.txt

Very interesting thing! Even its limited to 24h period for many reasons (including security ones).

Thanks to you two for explaining!

Guest Charrua155

Newbie here. Flashed a couple of days ago, no issues so far. No FCs, no random reboots. Very happy so far, as it's my first custom rom.

Only one thing: ¿how can you set a custom ringtone? I tried to select an mp3 file with Simple Explorer but the option "set as ringtone" wasn't there. Moved it to system\media\audio\ringtones, didn't appear on the ringtones list. changed the extension to ogg (just to see if it would appear on the list) still wouldn't show up on the list.

¿What am I doing wrong?

Guest LotR656

Newbie here. Flashed a couple of days ago, no issues so far. No FCs, no random reboots. Very happy so far, as it's my first custom rom.

Only one thing: ¿how can you set a custom ringtone? I tried to select an mp3 file with Simple Explorer but the option "set as ringtone" wasn't there. Moved it to system\media\audio\ringtones, didn't appear on the ringtones list. changed the extension to ogg (just to see if it would appear on the list) still wouldn't show up on the list.

¿What am I doing wrong?

If you move ringtones to system/media/audio/ringtones you need to restart phone and you will see effects. Like fonz93 said you can use 'Shuttle' or 'Apollo' to set this, or download 'Zedge' from Play store and you can search there for ringtones for calls, notifications or alarm.

Guest Charrua155

Thanks man, worked like a charm!!

Very nice rom. I'm still exploring all the options and trying to see if I can decrease the battery use, but really good work.

Guest Michael Roscowe

Damn that's regrettable. My partner saw how awesome slimkat was on my phone so she wants me to do hers. Thought I'd see if I should wait it out or just go ahead and flash 6.8

Guest LotR656

Damn that's regrettable. My partner saw how awesome slimkat was on my phone so she wants me to do hers. Thought I'd see if I should wait it out or just go ahead and flash 6.8

Better wait for 7.0. Some people says 6.8 has some bugs.

Guest Michael Roscowe

Already started a build. Will be available in the morning.

Damn. And I already flashed my partners phone lol although not too worried, checked the slimroms site for change log and there doesn't seem to be anything major.

Happy with your work so far chil