[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest matteussz_

I'm currently installing this on my Y300. I don't want to read through the whole topic, so can someone summarize me the things I may have to do to make this ROM more comfy? Is there anything I have to keep an eye on, or something that isn't working properly?

Guest SH3H1

Is the chill's kernel default for this rom,or it is needed to be flashed from recovery?

Default in every build...He provides it in case if someone need it for previour version of Slimkat or Repack for CM11!

Guest SH3H1

Just been playing around....

Anyone know how to get Roboto Condensed font? I'm kinda miss it :O

Awesome work chil , it's better than my stock ROM (B175)

Guest dio0815

Thanks chil for your work! SlimKat #7 is running great on my y300.

@SH3H1: My choise for custom fonts is Xposed module PerAppFonts. Changes for every App seperatly can done without reboot and systemUi font can be set without problems. Roboto condensed is insralled as a standard option.

Guest Michael Roscowe

All KitKat ROMs are laggy :(

Laggy my ass! I been using KitKat ROMs since dazz blessed us with the first cm11 release. It was a complete mess back then but now I wouldn't dream of going back to anything pre-kitkat. This slimkat is silky smooth and handles my heavy daily usage pretty damn well. Far better than any stock ROM ever did!

Guest LotR656

Am I the only one who have problem with storage? Internal storage doesn't work. When I want to download something, "Download failed". How to make it to work?

edit: I use CWM, is that a reason?

Edited by LotR656

Guest spanitzer

But not so bad after all...it's pretty close to Stock (Not based)

Laggy my ass! I been using KitKat ROMs since dazz blessed us with the first cm11 release. It was a complete mess back then but now I wouldn't dream of going back to anything pre-kitkat. This slimkat is silky smooth and handles my heavy daily usage pretty damn well. Far better than any stock ROM ever did!

All KitKat Roms are laggy!

Habe you see a Nexus 5 or Moto G? This is smooth! KitKat Roms for our Phone is bullshit!

Guest chil360

Not yet - I need to re-create the patch so it will apply against Slim sources. I will do that this week.

I did add this patch though - audio_policy: fix VOIP - so if anyone wants to test it, that would be good.

Guest Michael Roscowe

Habe you see a Nexus 5 or Moto G? This is smooth! KitKat Roms for our Phone is bullshit!

Go buy a nexus 5 or moto G then u moron. I bought this phone for £39.95 sim free brand new. Running KitKat on this piece of crap huawei has made me hold off buying a moto G until after the android L release. I have absolutely no problems and the ROM is buttery smooth and serves 99.9% of the people using it. The small majority of morons who keep complaining about lag etc should just not buy cheap phones lol

Guest atlas.

Not yet - I need to re-create the patch so it will apply against Slim sources. I will do that this week.

I did add this patch though - audio_policy: fix VOIP - so if anyone wants to test it, that would be good.

i test it with line call can't call it display me not have microphone / speaker.

Guest markoprogramer

Am I the only one who have problem with storage? Internal storage doesn't work. When I want to download something, "Download failed". How to make it to work?

Try twrp.

Guest okren

I was experiencing the same with twrp. Try setting your sdcard as primary storage.

- mobile

Guest rederik75

Please!

You are comparing a subcompact car with Porsche and Ferrari! They all run with gasoline, but obviously with different results! 

Moto G is not Porsche or Ferrari.  Here in Canada, the Y300 is $60 and the 8GB (no SD slot) version of the Moto G is $130, so you should expect the Moto G is better.  Nonetheless, the Moto G can not beat the HTC Desire 601 ($150) hands down which is about the same price as the 8GB Moto G here.  Main reasons are no SD slot and LTE support.