[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest juanpablocastillo

Some people has reported than changing the governor from OnDemand to Interactive solved the issue. Maybe is a problem with the OnDemand implementation, or an regression with other governor(like the issue with the music when locking/unlocking the phone), or an regression with the 4.4.3 update(like the artifacts in the images using an application programmed to use the built-in WebView).

Guest juanpablocastillo

Taking advantage of double post :P

I recommend to use the stock RAM values for keep the issues with the video, in certain apps(e.g, Twich), to the minimun.

Edited by juanpablocastillo

Guest soul_0830

Hi All,

I have an issue with kitkat sdcard not detecting my Whatsapp backup files due to it being stored in SDCard.

After reading features of KITKAT I came across that google has restricted apps writing into the SDCard as a new KITKAT Feature.

I need my sdcard because I get a lot of images and videos through whats app and I'm unable tore them in the limited internal flash memory.

After googling i came across this " [APP][4.4][ROOT] SDFix: Modify device permissions to allow apps to write to MicroSD"

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2684188

As per developer "tliebeck", he has created a fix for stock based KITKAT devices, and says this is already available in many of the custom roms.

My question is

- Is the said fix available in Slimkat?

- if so how do i make all my app access my SDCard when storing data?

- Also why whatsapp not detecting my SDCard backup?

Thank you guys in advance.

Guest luca020400

slim recents delay bug still presents?

This is present when the slimroms dev have added the slim recents

Older version work fine

It should be fantastic a slimkat with the old systemui but isn't possible

Good work chil

Guest LotR656

My question is

-

-go to setting>storage and choose use my external SD card as primary and reboot.

-maybe whatsapp will detect backup when you switch storages.

Guest c01v1p4q
My question is

Thank you guys in advance.

As far as I see it, that fix must already be part of the Slimkat ROM. Also see my previous Buglist 2-3 pages back. I had an issue with ESFileExplorer, where it would rather randomly show the internal SD's contents as the external one's without any proper explanation to why that could be. Maybe you are experiencing the same problem and it is a bug caused by the new Kitkat SD feature after all?

Guest kekkox88

Updated to 7.2, all works fine. Only one thing: with real dark on now I have the recent apps menu bar in white, but in previous versions it was black in real dark on.

I had an issue with ESFileExplorer, where it would rather randomly show the internal SD's contents as the external one's without any proper explanation to why that could be. Maybe you are experiencing the same problem and it is a bug caused by the new Kitkat SD feature after all?

There is a work around i found for ES explorer and in kitkat ROMs :)

1.Go to ES File Explorer

2.Slide left and click settings

3.Select directory settings

4.Choose home directory

5.Set it as sdcard0 (that's internal SD,navigate by ^ arrow)

Now switching between SDs should work as normal !

This is my own trick :P

You can always try MiXplorer-Light and beutiful :O

Edit:- I really don't remember the exact partition to set (Sdcard0/sdcard1) ! Anyway if you are having issue with same content in both in one partition,the other one should work ;)

Edit2:- Let me know if it works :)

Edited by SH3H1

Guest dio0815

Only one thing: with real dark on now I have the recent apps menu bar in white, but in previous versions it was black in real dark on.

The SlimRecents background colour can be changed since 7.2 in Settings -> Accessibility.

Guest dio0815

Only one thing: with real dark on now I have the recent apps menu bar in white, but in previous versions it was black in real dark on.

The SlimRecents background colour can be changed since 7.2 in Settings -> Accessibility.

Guest luca020400

For me isn't working ;-)

There is another problem when switching between internal and external SD ( Es file magaer fault ) like the before error

Solved with clear es file manager data

Edit : Good Independent Day

Finally not a double post XD

Edit x : the problem is the sdcard mount point change when you change to external SD

It switch to sdcard1 to sdcard0 ( the internalsd )

And vice versa for both external SD

This cause an esfilemanager fault because I think that it see the mount point but not the real device ( like the sdcard I think ) and he confuses the real device

Edited by luca020400

Guest coolvpraveen95

I installed slimkat 6.8 build,it has many bugs,

1.home button not working

2.notification panel not working

I installed bank gapps

Is this problem fixed on build 7.2??