[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest StewieTech

When i boot the phone and get to enter my SIM code the numbers are cuted to half, they dont feet on the Boxes or some crap like that

you guys have this problem?

I have that problem too.

Guest chil360

When i boot the phone and get to enter my SIM code the numbers are cuted to half, they dont feet on the Boxes or some crap like that

you guys have this problem?

Might be because of setting the default DPI to 240. Try editing the build.prop and setting the DPI back to 182 (ro.sf.lcd_density=182), reboot and see if it still happens.

Also noticed DashClock doesn't work well with 240 DPI - the settings button is missing and it doesn't show the further information when maximising the widget.

Might be because of setting the default DPI to 240. Try editing the build.prop and setting the DPI back to 182 (ro.sf.lcd_density=182), reboot and see if it still happens.

Also noticed DashClock doesn't work well with 240 DPI - the settings button is missing and it doesn't show the further information when maximising the widget.

I tested it before 240 be the default one, on 182( i think it was the default on 2.4) everything looks so small and yep the numbers look perfect there, with 240 i like the size of stuff but the numbers... :\ i went to my backup and will test again some stuff on the weekend

Guest Romagnolo1973

Yes but setting small fonts in dashclock setting solve the problem, you could set font to small in the clock setting if is possible directly in the rom and the issue is solved.

240 dpi is the right setting, 182 is so small that is not suitable

Or you can simply add to FAQ something like: set dashclock font to density compact so the widget is not cutted

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest tadopogi

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion but it just keeps booting into recovery anyway. Seems really strange to me, I've had boot loops and such on my HTC phone, and soft-bricked it many times, but never had anything like this before. Would it be worth trying CWM recovery instead? I think I read someone on here mentioning that they weren't sure if TWRP was wiping things properly. I dunno, I'm pretty much stumped  :mellow:

using 7zip, test your downloaded zip file for errors. if no errors, make sure your "volume up" button is not stuck in a way..

I am using 220dpi last couple days and its seems perfect balance, nothing to small or too big, and everything working well

Guest Blasted Remnants

using 7zip, test your downloaded zip file for errors. if no errors, make sure your "volume up" button is not stuck in a way..

Thanks for the ideas, but I finally got it to flash just a few minutes ago  :D I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but this time I powered down, removed the battery for a moment, did an advanced wipe through TWRP and checked everything except the internal and external sdcards, rebooted into recovery again for another advanced wipe (for good measure), flashed the ROM and the AIO Slim Gapps, said no when TWRP asked if I wanted it to install SuperSU or whichever one it is, and it finally worked like a charm. I'm glad it finally worked though, and so far everything is good, but I'll see what happens when I'm finished restoring all my apps and such.

Edited by Blasted Remnants

Guest chil360

I am using 220dpi last couple days and its seems perfect balance, nothing to small or too big, and everything working well

Thanks ukasz! 220dpi looks perfect - DashClock works well even on the default settings.

Looks like I have a new contender for default DPI. What do you guys think?

Thanks ukasz! 220dpi looks perfect - DashClock works well even on the default settings.

Looks like I have a new contender for default DPI. What do you guys think?

Go for it!! 

I will test the rom again on the weekend cause is when i have more free time, and i will set it up for that DPI, btw wich app do you recommend to do that?

Edited by barnir

Guest TangerineTractor

Go for it!!

220 too small for me.

interestingly, I couldn't edit my build.prop, so I reapplied adaway and I could edit it again!

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest painteramit

And animations for opening and hidding apps are a lil bit laggy and i think thats cause of low specs of our device :P

may be that's because of the default animation scale is 2x in developer options. I'd set it to 1x and looks fine.

may be that's because of the default animation scale is 2x in developer options. I'd set it to 1x and looks fine.

nope its 1x by default, it works fine, just a lil lag, not a big deal, but the problem with apps not staying at memory is a lil bigger for me, i dont get any notifications for apps like instagram fb and sometimes viber, hope that dev get over it

Guest TangerineTractor

nope its 1x by default, it works fine, just a lil lag, not a big deal, but the problem with apps not staying at memory is a lil bigger for me, i dont get any notifications for apps like instagram fb and sometimes viber, hope that dev get over it

Notifications don't depend on the main app being running, usually just a background service. I run exchange mail, aqua mail, falcon and whatsapp, no issues with notifications.

I also give no problem with animations, I set them to 0.5 which I do on every Rom.

Guest painteramit

has anyone tried ART on this ROM?

How is the performance.

I remember tried it on CM11 around 2 months back and it was slow as compare to Dalvik. How it is now?

Notifications don't depend on the main app being running, usually just a background service. I run exchange mail, aqua mail, falcon and whatsapp, no issues with notifications.

I also give no problem with animations, I set them to 0.5 which I do on every Rom.

i set them to 0.5, looks better now thanks, but notifications for fb and instagram still doesnt work, i've had this issue with all cm roms dunno the reason

Guest StewieTech

has anyone tried ART on this ROM?

How is the performance.

I remember tried it on CM11 around 2 months back and it was slow as compare to Dalvik. How it is now?

I did. It was slower than dalvik.

Guest ZolaIII

i set them to 0.5, looks better now thanks, but notifications for fb and instagram still doesnt work, i've had this issue with all cm roms dunno the reason

The sync protocol is changed in a 4.4... again. The most apps still don't support it correctly. Try to read the descriptions of last apps updates on alternative market that you use in Iran. Viber sorted this out (supposedly) in last update.

Guest Romagnolo1973

Thanks chill360 this is a great rom, I love SlimKat

Stable as Fusion  and the battery use seems almost the same as stock

The only missed things compared to FusionX is the Radio FM that in Italy we use so much (sports and football match events)

It is possible add in the future the Radio FM app as Kra1o5 and JoeStone does in Cm 10.1? 

Guest Market88

Thanks chill360 this is a great rom, I love SlimKat

Stable as Fusion and the battery use seems almost the same as stock

The only missed things compared to FusionX is the Radio FM that in Italy we use so much (sports and football match events)

It is possible add in the future the Radio FM app as Kra1o5 and JoeStone does in Cm 10.1?

Don't forget pixilated youtube! Can you confirm romagnolo?

PS io sono Umbro ;-)

Guest Romagnolo1973

Don't forget pixilated youtube! Can you confirm romagnolo?

PS io sono Umbro ;-)

sorry but i don't use it and is one of the first things I delete in every rom I see that app. I'm not in the YouTube Ferver Legacy :-)

Guest TangerineTractor

sorry but i don't use it and is one of the first things I delete in every rom I see that app. I'm not in the YouTube Ferver Legacy :-)

Just tried youtube. Absoultely fine for me.

Guest ZolaIII

Just tried youtube. Absoultely fine for me.

Its related to "HQ" playback only!

I am just wondering did anyone try to build from sms8610 manifest as its closest relative to 8225 that have a on going development in process!?¿

LNX.LA.3.5-08410-8x10.0.xml

https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/device/qcom/common/tag/?id=LNX.LA.3.5-08410-8x10.0

This one is for 4.4.2

It uses a QDSP5, its not much changed cortex a7 x2 so most optimized libs should work including: OMX qualcom, bionic, dalvik...

This can fix much problems that we have bat it needs work!

Not the best bat closest match that is there.

Its modem wise closer to msm8625 & the GPU (Adreno 302) is actually based on Adreno 200 bat that's not a problem since current used binary blobs are OK.

It can fix OMX media support for us!

Edited by ZolaIII