[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest killadroid

this ROM has serious battery drain especially coming from AOSP mod which gave me 6hours on screen.I got only 3 hours on this ROM

Edited by killadroid

Guest Jairus1998

can i make a backup of my data and then restore it even if I change ROM?

Yes you can but only the same ROM regardless what version you use but changing to another ROM like KK to JB with not work

Guest Caras69

What's new in 8.14? I don't understand the changelog in Slimroms official site

shall be small fixes and updates,as someone said in here,they will focus in fixing kitkat,making it as stable as possible due to lollipop soon release

With these modifications CAF , you may serve VOIP calls ?
With these modifications CAF , you may serve VOIP calls ?

Edited by neobis

Guest soul_0830

SlimKat 8.14

- Appart from viber crashing and not even loading everything else is very good. I get good battery life and a very smooth rom.

Thanks chil360, I very much appreciate your hard work.

Guest soul_0830

I'm still on 8.0 stable and Viber seems to work fine. If I upgrade to 8.14 that means it breaks?

Last version I was on Slimkat 8.10 Viber worked really well (Apart from Video).

I do not know what changed but Viber seems to not load on Slimkat 8.14, also note I did the usual wipes in advance settings (except external sd) before installing the latest version.

Guest doc nash

Just a little question. I am newbie in custom rom, i have installed previous version of sslimkat last week  and i want to know if i update to new version of slimkat this week, do i have to re-install all applications?

Edited by doc nash

Guest markoprogramer

Last version I was on Slimkat 8.10 Viber worked really well (Apart from Video).

I do not know what changed but Viber seems to not load on Slimkat 8.14, also note I did the usual wipes in advance settings (except external sd) before installing the latest version.

Viber isn't working on 8.12 too.

Guest wbrambley

After last update it is not working on 8.10 too.

Sent from my Ascend G510 using Tapatalk 2

I'm seeing this on other device forums too, I think viber or cm have broken something.

Just a little question. I am newbie in custom rom, i have installed previous version of sslimkat last week  and i want to know if i update to new version of slimkat this week, do i have to re-install all applications?

When updating slimkat, apps and user datat is not affected. There are rare exceptions, but normally only the slimkat parts are replaced by newer versions.

Guest doc nash

When updating slimkat, apps and user datat is not affected. There are rare exceptions, but normally only the slimkat parts are replaced by newer versions.

Thanks for the answer. Yesterday i have done the update and the only thing i have seen is that all my boards with widgets have been switched to the simple original google now launcher, not a problem. But all my apps stays, ouffffff.

Guest soul_0830

Viber isn't working on 8.12 too.

Viber is not working on 8.8 too. I reinstalled 8.8 and a older version of viber that was working perfectly well and I got the same problem. Only thing different is that I used the latest gapps, I'm wondering wether the problem  is in gapps and not with slimkat?

Any feedback would be grate.

Guest davorix

Anybody else got the problem, that the screen goes black while making a call, which makes hanging up impossible? Is there any solution? It's weird to pull the battery after every call...

EDIT: I installed Elixier 2 and the problem has to do with the proximity sensor, which seemed to be stuck on "close" position. Is there any possibility to override this sensor? Where is it on the mainboard?

Maybe an admin can move this, because it seems to be a more general problem, not slimkat specific!

Edited by davorix

Dont know why but i didnt had a reboot for some days. Only thing thats still annoying is pictures in the webbrowser are often bugged. Had this Problem with CM 11 too. Is there a solution for this?

Dont know why but i didnt had a reboot for some days. Only thing thats still annoying is pictures in the webbrowser are often bugged. Had this Problem with CM 11 too. Is there a solution for this?

I solved the glitched picture problems by using Chrome. It is actually better than the default browser y'know.

Yeah thanks with chrome its gone but i think Chrome is very slow with only 500mb Ram. I used the CM Browser which is way faster and not so laggy but it got the picture Problem.