[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest spikypotato

Black screen when flashing ROM. Occurred in CWM 6.0.5.1, tried flashing TWRP 2.8.1.0 in fastboot but the problem is still there :(

EDIT: Solved. I must wipe dalvik, cache, cust and system before flashing any ROMs now. Weird...what went wrong? Could it be that synopsis kernel?

Edited by spikypotato

Black screen when flashing ROM. Occurred in CWM 6.0.5.1, tried flashing TWRP 2.8.1.0 in fastboot but the problem is still there :(

EDIT: Solved. I must wipe dalvik, cache, cust and system before flashing any ROMs now. Weird...what went wrong? Could it be that synopsis kernel?

Recently I had tried to install TWRP 2.8.1.0, it did not work on my G510 (black screen).

Re-downloading and re-installing it did not help, I had to install TWRP 2.8.0.1 again.

When installing 8.18 yesterday, I only had wiped system, and everything works fine so far.

Guest spikypotato

Using Tinfoil for Facebook Im getting white boxes on some pictures.

Can this be fixed?

Unfortunately, no.

However in the display-caf version of SlimKat, the 'white boxes' problem's gone, but the ROM is still in experimental phase. Not suitable for daily use, yet.

Guest anotherjib

Can I uninstall Hangouts and Dialer from Slim Gapps? I want to use GTalk (because it's simple and light)

Settings -> SlimCenter -> slimsizer, you can uninstall most of the system apks

Guest jeffk82

Unfortunately, no.

However in the display-caf version of SlimKat, the 'white boxes' problem's gone, but the ROM is still in experimental phase. Not suitable for daily use, yet.

Thanks

I see you use Synopsis kernel,is this better?

I look up kernel settings and they say lulzactive is best,but Synopsis does not have this.

Guest spikypotato

Thanks

I see you use Synopsis kernel,is this better?

I look up kernel settings and they say lulzactive is best,but Synopsis does not have this.

So far so good. No random reboots yet. The phone seems more responsive.

I don't use Kernel Settings, I just use the default config: Ondemand/SIO

The only bug is that the SELinux is disabled instead of 'Permissive', which I suspect may cause 'the black screen' problem (post #4126) when flashing ROMs in recovery.

EDITED.

Edited by spikypotato

Guest jeffk82

So far so good. No random reboots yet. The phone seems more responsive.

I don't use Kernel Settings, I just use the default config: Ondemand/SIO

The only bug is that the SELinux is disabled instead of 'Permissive', which I suspect may cause 'the black screen' problem (post #4126) when flashing ROMs in recovery.

Do you find it causes issues with your phone signal?

I found I had to reboot twice to get signal to recieve sms/calls,but am not sure if the kernel would cause this

Guest spikypotato

Do you find it causes issues with your phone signal?

I found I had to reboot twice to get signal to recieve sms/calls,but am not sure if the kernel would cause this

Nope. I just got a call a few minutes ago. 

EDIT: Oh great. First random reboot just occurred. LOL xD

Edited by spikypotato

Guest chil360

Any updates on SlimLP?

Since my last SlimLP update, I now have audio and camera mostly working. Audio is working but without the FM radio support. The camera can take photographs but freezes and crashes out when trying to record a video clip.

In SlimKat + display-caf you may recall that I was getting black boxes in the browser or other apps that use webviewchromium (e.g. Feedly), especially under heavy load when other apps were still in memory. In SlimLP, so far, I haven't seen this issue - Feedly works perfectly.

SlimLP in general is progressing well - features are now starting to be re-added to the rom.

So what's left...

The main issue now is the RIL support - I can get it to compile but doesn't work. Other than that there is media support to fix (same as SlimKat + display-caf), FM radio, camera video recording and then performance issues.

Also, for anyone looking for a minimal Lollipop GApps I found this :)

Guest luca020400

Since my last SlimLP update, I now have audio and camera mostly working. Audio is working but without the FM radio support. The camera can take photographs but freezes and crashes out when trying to record a video clip.

In SlimKat + display-caf you may recall that I was getting black boxes in the browser or other apps that use webviewchromium (e.g. Feedly), especially under heavy load when other apps were still in memory. In SlimLP, so far, I haven't seen this issue - Feedly works perfectly.

SlimLP in general is progressing well - features are now starting to be re-added to the rom.

So what's left...

The main issue now is the RIL support - I can get it to compile but doesn't work. Other than that there is media support to fix (same as SlimKat + display-caf), FM radio, camera video recording and then performance issues.

You should ask to dazz for the ril

Have you added the fm app ?

Edited by luca020400

Guest Lemon88

So what's left...

Thanks chil, the rom promises good :)

Guest chil360

You should ask to dazz for the ril

Have you added the fm app ?

The audio HAL doesn't compile with FM enabled - I think the fm support in the underlying audio interfaces hasn't been added yet.

Guest chil360

The RIL interfaces have changed between kitkat and lollipop. I have copied in the missing QualcommSharedRIL.java from SlimKat which is used by our HuaweiQualcommRIL.java class and ported them to compile but can't get them to work.

Are there any possibilities to see more updates for SlimKat, maybe with caf-display version? I'm not talking about Slim team updates... sorry for my bad english

Edited by Guest

Guest CuervoROM
Hello. Congratulations to all for your work.

For months I try to compile lollipop since released the source code, but I can't succesfully compile because I always find something wrong.

What's Linux version you use to compile Lollipop for our g510? I usually use Ubuntu 14.04.
If you can say, what github repositories used for this?

It is the first time I compile something and I'm a mess.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you all.

Greetings and luck.
Edited by CuervoROM

Guest andrea2107

The RIL interfaces have changed between kitkat and lollipop. I have copied in the missing QualcommSharedRIL.java from SlimKat which is used by our HuaweiQualcommRIL.java class and ported them to compile but can't get them to work.

Uhm...this is a bad news for u8825 user i think...no libcm.so trick so?

Guest djtepa538

Hi.

Today I tried to install Firefox OS rom on my Huawei Ascend G510, but I wasn't pleasent with that rom so I restored Slimkat.

After restore I cannot connect to mobile network. I don't have mobile network signal anymore.

Any solutions?

P.S Sorry about my english