[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

On 14. septembar 2017 at 4:22 PM, Kiodo1981 said:

@adeii I copied the LIBs in vendor but it does not work.
SK9.0 worked fine. I did not try the SK9.1.

OK. Newest SlimKat 9.1, android 4.4.4_r2.0.1, Display-legacy, BT-caf, audio/media-caf, NFC-caf, without any additions is build: SlimKat-u8951-4.4.4.build.9.1-UbetTC49-Legacy (yes, for G330 and Y300 users too!)

Kernel is compiled with UberTC 4.9, like  SlimKat 9.1 CAF and SlimLP and OctOS KK and DU 8.2 and AICP 7 etc.

I don't know if NFC works (G510 only), BT works from second boot pritty OK. And we got usual uploading problem - phone reboot/restart on wifi uploading. on example after 33kB.

If you flash chil360's kernel for SlimKat 9.0, compiled with gcc 4.7, uploading works OK, NFC should works too. (SlimKat9L-kernel-v0.53 on download folder)

I did test: repack sk91 kernel with ramdisk files from sk90 kernel ( /sbin and /wifi folder, default.prop and init ), and zImage remain from sk91 ubertc4.9 as SlimKat91L-kernel-mixed = wifi uploading works!

So, now we have SlimKat 9.1 Legacy working.

Maybe the repacking with MM (LOS 13) kernel, someday, can solve SlimKat 9.1 CAF's problem with wifi uploading (and all other derivates' problem)!

UPDATE1: GPS can not connect, flash slimkat91Legacy-gps-fix to enable it.

Edited by adeii

• 1 month later...
Guest protectivedad

On 9/28/2017 at 8:55 AM, adeii said:

OK. Newest SlimKat 9.1, android 4.4.4_r2.0.1, Display-legacy, BT-caf, audio/media-caf, NFC-caf, without any additions is build: SlimKat-u8951-4.4.4.build.9.1-UbetTC49-Legacy (yes, for G330 and Y300 users too!)

Kernel is compiled with UberTC 4.9, like  SlimKat 9.1 CAF and SlimLP and OctOS KK and DU 8.2 and AICP 7 etc.

I don't know if NFC works (G510 only), BT works from second boot pritty OK. And we got usual uploading problem - phone reboot/restart on wifi uploading. on example after 33kB.

If you flash chil360's kernel for SlimKat 9.0, compiled with gcc 4.7, uploading works OK, NFC should works too. (SlimKat9L-kernel-v0.53 on download folder)

I did test: repack sk91 kernel with ramdisk files from sk90 kernel ( /sbin and /wifi folder, default.prop and init ), and zImage remain from sk91 ubertc4.9 as SlimKat91L-kernel-mixed = wifi uploading works!

So, now we have SlimKat 9.1 Legacy working.

Maybe the repacking with MM (LOS 13) kernel, someday, can solve SlimKat 9.1 CAF's problem with wifi uploading (and all other derivates' problem)!

UPDATE1: GPS can not connect, flash slimkat91Legacy-gps-fix to enable it.

Thanks for all the work. I looked back a few pages but couldn't find any information about the FM Radio. The original Chil360 from the first page has the FM Radio app in it, but I can't find it in yours (u8833 y300). Did it get taken out? Can it be added in?

On 8.11.2017. at 4:19 PM, protectivedad said:

Thanks for all the work. I looked back a few pages but couldn't find any information about the FM Radio. The original Chil360 from the first page has the FM Radio app in it, but I can't find it in yours (u8833 y300). Did it get taken out? Can it be added in?

Thank you dad for interesting. Sorry to heard about it. FM radio works on both SlimKat 9.0/9.1, both legacy and caf version. But I've missed to add it.

works on DU 8.2 should works on SlimKats, flash in recovery.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lunaticbrain
On 12/1/2017 at 12:46 PM, adeii said:

This one should works in SlimKat 9.x CAF/Legacy.

Xposed Installer (SDK 19).apk

i found this https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=64063168&postcount=62
and the problem solved
 i have random reboot when using hotspot even with clean install

Edited by lunaticbrain

• 1 month later...
Guest Gintoki98

@adeii I installed  SlimKat-u8951-4.4.4.build.9.1-UbetTC49-Legacy, and flashed gps fix, but it doesn't work on my Y300. I use microG with Mozilla and Nominatim. Tested it with some gps test app, no response... Did I do something wrong? Also, does lcd density affect speed?

Edited by Gintoki98
P.S Was 240 default on stock? I kinda forgot...

• 1 month later...
Guest Gintoki98

I installed U8833 9.1 legacy version from your folder, and GPS works okay, rom is fast and stable, but is missing FM radio... I tried your zip flash, and i get the app, together with FM transmiter but it keeps crashing :( Does it need some libs, or something like that? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adeii
On 3/12/2018 at 5:46 PM, Gintoki98 said:

I installed U8833 9.1 legacy version from your folder, and GPS works okay, rom is fast and stable, but is missing FM radio... I tried your zip flash, and i get the app, together with FM transmiter but it keeps crashing :( Does it need some libs, or something like that? Thanks in advance.

So, SlimKat-u8833-port.build.9.1-legacy-*.zip got working GPS and no FM?

And SlimKat-u8951-4.4.4.build.9.1-UbetTC49-Legacy got working FM and no GPS?

THIS one should be working FM, for legacy. FM for DU8.2 is for CAF.

Edited by adeii

• 4 months later...
Guest huaweiray
On 4/20/2017 at 11:36 PM, adeii said:

not stop, wifi uploading RESTART phone.

adb via wifi and fb lite can upload files and do not reset phone.

do not need to use microG, try build with integrated OpenGapps pico (and zRAM 128MB). if use G510 build, also download Y300 kernel (128MB zRAM) maybe overclocking is not working and can not boot.

Hi adeii,

Thanks for the SlimKat rom.  Was working well until I needed to use FTP and didn't know about this bug.

Which version of this rom will work with upload?  If the SlimKat rom does not work for uploading, which is the best rom that has uploading working?

On 8/9/2018 at 5:05 AM, huaweiray said:

Hi adeii,

Thanks for the SlimKat rom.  Was working well until I needed to use FTP and didn't know about this bug.

Which version of this rom will work with upload?  If the SlimKat rom does not work for uploading, which is the best rom that has uploading working?

SlimKat 8.x, 9.0 and 9.1 with display-legacy got working upload and fastest, too!

Also LineageOS 11 with display-legacy works. Only display-caf that works is Resurrection Remix 5.5.8 with RR-LPmm boot/kernel and every MM rom.

All other KK roms with display-caf and all LP roms got kernel panic on upload and restart phone. Cause is still unknown.

Guest huaweiray
On 8/10/2018 at 10:38 PM, adeii said:

SlimKat 8.x, 9.0 and 9.1 with display-legacy got working upload and fastest, too!

Also LineageOS 11 with display-legacy works. Only display-caf that works is Resurrection Remix 5.5.8 with RR-LPmm boot/kernel and every MM rom.

All other KK roms with display-caf and all LP roms got kernel panic on upload and restart phone. Cause is still unknown.

Hi adeii,

It looks like I am already running display-legacy as I downloaded this rom - SlimKat-u8951-4.4.4.build.9.1-UbetTC49-Legacy.zip.  Is this the right display-legacy rom?  If not, which one should I try?  Do I have to flash a kernel as well?  If so, is it this one - SlimKat91L-kernel-mixed.zip?

For uploading, I am using FTP Server (Free) from F-Droid to try and upload something to my computer, but SlimKat always restarts.

Thanks for any help and for all the custom roms still supporting our Huawei Ascend!

Edited by huaweiray

1 hour ago, huaweiray said:

Do I have to flash a kernel as well?  If so, is it this one - SlimKat91L-kernel-mixed.zip?

Yes, we have. Or original chil360 kernel for SlimKat 9.0 Legacy.

Guest huaweiray
On 8/12/2018 at 9:14 PM, adeii said:

Yes, we have. Or original chil360 kernel for SlimKat 9.0 Legacy.

Fantastic!  Just tested flashing SlimKat91L-kernel-mixed.zip and this fixed the FTP upload issue.

Thanks again, adeii!

Update - Found out that this kernel broke FM Radio, so I flashed the one you mentioned here:

On 3/26/2018 at 10:25 AM, adeii said:

So, SlimKat-u8833-port.build.9.1-legacy-*.zip got working GPS and no FM?

And SlimKat-u8951-4.4.4.build.9.1-UbetTC49-Legacy got working FM and no GPS?

THIS one should be working FM, for legacy. FM for DU8.2 is for CAF.

And it works but, I cannot control the volume of the FM radio.

Edited by huaweiray

• 8 months later...
Guest boltspectrum

UbetTC49-Legacy  has not back button order no phisycal and neither in "navigation bar "

----------------------------------------------

the next combination works very well

SlimKat-u8951-port.build.9.1-legacy  +  SlimKat91L-kernel-mixed   + SK91Leg-FMRadio 

-----------------

i use pa_gapps-modular-pico-4.4.4-20150410-signed and also change dpi to 240

Edited by boltspectrum

• 1 month later...
Guest adeii

This kernel should works well with SlimKat 9.x CAF / SlimLP, at least fixes wifi upload and hotspot. Probably others KK CAF and LP roms could works, but maybe repacking needed.

boot-LPmm-47 <-- MM kernel (chil360 3.4.110), for both KK,LP,MM roms, but compiled with GCC 4.7 got no problem with wifi upload. If you only change toolchain (GCC 4.8, 4.9, UberTC) you will had upload reboot. Maybe Linaro would work good like GCC 4.7 but not tested.