[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest ZolaIII

There are a different priority's of processes for instance on Windows with x86 you hawe 4 of them from what 3 are user manageable on arm you have 7(its reduced in v8).

Now try to play music with winamp & set his priority to low &run the video transcoding (or something else that can utilize CPU 100%) setting its priority to high. This should clear it up to you!

Guest rederik75

There are a different priority's of processes for instance on Windows with x86 you hawe 4 of them from what 3 are user manageable on arm you have 7(its reduced in v8).

Now try to play music with winamp & set his priority to low &run the video transcoding (or something else that can utilize CPU 100%) setting its priority to high. This should clear it up to you!

Let's keep Winbug out of our speech... ;-)

So, what you are saying is that the modded kernel in RC3 test has a different way to handle process priorities than the kernel in RC3 "stable"?

Well, if this is the problem I think we should stick to the default kernel, as this new one lowers the quality of user experience... also games are more laggy...

Is there a way to manage user app's priority?

Guys..., Going off-topic :D

Thank god for saving my life,and my phone :D

Just had a bike accident :wacko:

Was going in 90kmph and applied brake suddenly and bike gone for 7s out of control and down!!!!

Too lucky that only my knee got small scratch...

Too good my phone survived without that i can't try next version of Slimkat :)

Edit: Hey..i didn't see this yesterday..where did this post came from?? :wacko:

So drive safely especially if you are a teen (as me)

It's good coming late than never coming :)

Edited by MasterRck

If you fork an open source project, the forked one has to be open source itself, so you have to grant the same licence and release the source code (it wouldn't be "open", otherwise).

IMHO

So Huawei's behavior (doesn't release source code of roms) isn't legal?

Guest rederik75

Well, I think it's not a matter of releasing the *whole* rom code... probably they don't release the sources of device-specific drivers and binaries, they're not obliged to do so...

Android sources are available from Google.

Guest ZolaIII

They are obligated to release source code for kernel bat only once!

It's in they interest to do it more times!

As it is its not obligatory to release source code for modified software that can be released under any license. Obligatory part is to include licenses & remainder for part's of code that are open source. Most morons even don't do this much! Abuses are everywhere. You can find heap pile of examples on Google play! Think is if something goes closed source to review it you will need a cort order & to have one you must to sue & for that to happen you need money (cort expenses). Something that's free & open sourced don't generate money!

I have a question...

Do you can make a Swap partition on this rom?

I'm watching that in another roms you can make that, but I'm not sure if in Slimkat I can do it...

Guest ZolaIII

I have a question...

Do you can make a Swap partition on this rom?

I'm watching that in another roms you can make that, but I'm not sure if in Slimkat I can do it...

A partition you can make, a swap file support don't work on external storage.

Guest ZolaIII

So... The Swap file must go in the internal storage? :P

Not really shore been creating them in cash partition & after all Zram is a compressed swap file in memory...

I've been using the beta build since Tuesday and let's day I have some "issues"

More random reboots..... Even when my y300 is sitting on the table or in the car cradle when not in use.

Freezing up intermittently, especially when using a browser, leading to restarts.

Broken and jumpy audio.

Ringtones or notifications don't play properly.

My WiFi doesn't work-as in I can find and connect to my home network and the connection drops and I find it extremely difficult to reconnect.

Some help here would be appreciated.

Guest chil360

I've been using the beta build since Tuesday and let's day I have some "issues"

More random reboots..... Even when my y300 is sitting on the table or in the car cradle when not in use.

Freezing up intermittently, especially when using a browser, leading to restarts.

Broken and jumpy audio.

Ringtones or notifications don't play properly.

My WiFi doesn't work-as in I can find and connect to my home network and the connection drops and I find it extremely difficult to reconnect.

Some help here would be appreciated.

Please can you test for these issues in Monday's release build? If the release build is ok then it will show you are having problems with the new kernel. Are you using Performance Control - if so what settings do you change? ZolaIII has seen a few problems using Intellidemand and is testing a few things out. I haven't seen any of these issuse using the kernel defaults (ondemand / sio) so I'm not sure what to suggest at the moment.

Maybe I should release the kernel separately for now until it stabilizes.

Guest ZolaIII

Ivan did you flashed a proper firmware from last time we spoke?

Audio problem is universal for all 4.4 only small number of apps know a workaround it's actually Google's f*ck up.

@gohanzz

Facebuck is worst app ever made rest should work & lour down last OOM parameter.

Edited by ZolaIII

@chil360, hi, spn override does not work on all custom rom (only on stock based works), i asked why to dazzozo and he said that is a RIL problem, do you know if is possible to fix this?

Ivan did you flashed a proper firmware from last time we spoke?

Audio problem is universal for all 4.4 only small number of apps know a workaround it's actually Google's f*ck up.

@gohanzz

Facebuck is worst app ever made rest should work & lour down last OOM parameter.

Hello Zola.....

Yes I did reflash UK firmware +B175

Then unlocked boot loader again and started at cm10 4.1.1.

Then flashed cm10.2 4.3.1 and then flashed slimkat.

To be fair, yes the audio problem is present in all 4.4.2 ROMs I've tested, but now its present in 4.3.1 ROMs like cm10.2.

The WiFi problem is present in all ROMs (including stock based) I thought there could be a problem with my home network at first but all three of my children and my wife have android Samsung phones (three galaxy y and a galaxy ace and im pretending to spit here hahaha) and they have several android tablets between them and they all use the home network no problem.....

So I'm stumped.

I'm using the slimbean 4.3.1 ROM right now and I'm not having the reboots or lag but I still have the broken audio.

I'll hang on for the new release this week, flash and test and get back to you unless you have any further advise.

Thanks my friend, I appreciate. Your time and helpful advise :-)