[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest moochermick

The build completed successfully last night but it failed to sync properly with Google Drive. It's uploading now and should be done soon.

I got an update through slimcentre 30 mins ago is that no good?

Guest ZolaIII

What are the main changes that can be noted?

Btw i see on you git that "updated media codecs"

What does it do?

Better playback?

Not realy, only manifest...

On the other hand dazzazo updated two libs (h264 & MPEG 4) bat I think they are not included & I don't see a feedback about that on cm 11...

You can actually see all changes on git...

Guest chil360

@moochermick

Shoud be ok - the G510 build got uploaded first. Sometimes the OTA file is synced before the rom zip is uploaded which would result in a 404 when trying to download the update as the file isn't there yet.

@MasterRck

The main changes in this build are removing qosmgr and more kernel patches (see the github commit history for details). I've also added a change so that init.d support should now work. It's built against the latest sources - nothing has been committed in Slim but the underlying AOSP code has changed. The build ID is now KVT49L. The change to the media codecs was added in the previous SlimKat 3 stable build - I'm still not sure all of the codecs are working so please test and let me know.

@ZolaIII

I hadn't noticed that Dazzozo has updated some libs, I'll check now and merge them in ready for the next build.

Edited by chil360

Guest chil360

Not realy, only manifest...

On the other hand dazzazo updated two libs (h264 & MPEG 4) bat I think they are not included & I don't see a feedback about that on cm 11...

You can actually see all changes on git...

Where are these libs? I can't see any lib changes in his github.

Guest MaverickMK

I did the update but I can't spot much diference only I lost the Google Now homescreen and I can't get it back .I went settings on the homescreen but there isnt a google nowoption right now.Can somebody help me fix it and get it back ? Thanks

to ed 01:37

Help & feedback

Google Now

Turn Google Now on or off for your Google Account

"Google Now is turned off for your domain"

If you see this message, you're using Google Apps for

Business and your system administrator has turned off

Google Now for your organization Before you can turn

it on, your administrator needs to turn it on for your

domain

Edited by MaverickMK

Guest StewieTech

chil360: could you kindly make a list of tweaks and modifications made to kerel and post it on first message? I´d be helpful since i don´t quite understand the page with the sum. Plus, it gets organized. Thank you.

Guest rederik75

smartassv2 or intellidemand and deadline or sio

for I/O I would suggest also row (Read Over Write): it privileges read threads over write ones, looking at user experience that mainly consists in playing content

Guest ZolaIII

@chil360, can you restore the right function of ro.config.low_ram=true?, because since the slimkat 3.0 it is no longer working and the phone its laggy :(

It's only a transparent status bar the rest is obeying low ram setting.

Guest chil360

You can also disable the transparent status bar by changing persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true to false or deleting that line.

Guest rederik75

by the way, I still have the black status bar... the transparent one is present only on the lockscreen...  :mellow: