[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest TangerineTractor

What can`t you get root for? 4.4 is different to earlier versions. For example, adaway will unlock the DNS file, but other adblockers wont... system app deleters don;t work, but you can freeze them. I had one example where I editted build prop once, but it wouldn`t let me edit it again.

Guest TangerineTractor

Have to say, this is probably the best non-stock based rom out there - slightly slower than stock b199, but battery is as good.

If you HAVE to have the latest version of android, then this is the one to go with IMHO. Personally, I`m not sure it's worth it for the minimal extra features you get, since there's no performance benefit. (Won't stop me blasting and experimenting though!)

Guest ZolaIII

Hello . Today i have flash this rom and i noticed something.

I can set a custom sound from library. Only the phone default tones.

And the second one is the rezolution to small or is just me. The icons are small, the clock/signal/battery is to small.

Is just me or tjis is the rom so far. And can i make it look like CM 11 ? G510phone

Change the ro.sf.lcd_density= to appropriate density of the phone in built properties & in settings display change font size then reboot.

Guest moochermick

I couldn't get root initially but selected adb and apps and rebooted 2x and it eventually worked.

Links2sd says it can't delete system apps but it does actually delete them. Mifilexploer edits build prop and manages system files well.

Some file managers just won't do it though, i don't think all apps are entirely comparable with kitkat despite what they say.

I agree this is very good rom, been on it since first release and had no problems. I like the features in slim roms and its kitkat, it's a keeper.

Guest bogdanwp

I found the build.prop on the system but i can change to 200 i don'know how to edit.

Is there some way to edit the prop. ?

Please hlp

Also , default DPI on our phones is 240 if you are interested.

Guest ZolaIII

I found the build.prop on the system but i can change to 200 i don'know how to edit.

Is there some way to edit the prop. ?

Please hlp

I just used a BuildProp editor from market:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.apps.build.prop.editor

& you have it in build property tweaks menu. If you have a su root privileges problem set it to apps & adb in settings - advanced options- superuser.

Guest ZolaIII

Also , default DPI on our phones is 240 if you are interested.

Default set for a Y300 I don't know for a G510 bat not the strict (true) value so if you are changing it go with strict value.

Guest ZolaIII

I played a bit with Slim rearranging the build properties switching to deadline IO & installing bionic libs from XDA. The Antutu result went from 6600-6700 to 7000-7200 (on Y300) with false loo memory settings mi result is now 6500-6600. That is when (⅓ of cases) it's able to finish the test. Most interesting part of bionic libs is jump in FPU performance 20% from those implemented in Slim kat & around 8-10% faster then those on stock. Fun part is that those Qualcomm optimized libs are intended for krait CPU architecture of cores. This can go on pair with best stock firmwares with little more of tweaking!

Guest chil360

@ZolaIII  I have just been looking at the bionic code in Code Aurora Forum and found this flag: TARGET_USE_QCOM_BIONIC_OPTIMIZATION. This code is already in SlimKat so I'll enable it see what happens!

Guest chil360

I have *finally* found where the DPI is being forced to 182 by default. In some ways, I quite like 182 after using it a while.

I have added a poll so you can have your say - 182 or 240?

Guest TangerineTractor

I have *finally* found where the DPI is being forced to 182 by default. In some ways, I quite like 182 after using it a while.

I have added a poll so you can have your say - 182 or 240?

Well it's not hard to change, but I'd default it to 240 - otherwise the thread will be full of numpties who don't read asking how to change it.

I just switched to this rom and I can say that first impressions are very good! Very fast rom! Everything looks great, I have not tried yet some biger games but I intend to and I hope it will works ... thanks for this rom chil360,keep up the good work  ;)

Guest ZolaIII

The 23.01 SlimKat Please.

It's not nightly the source is weakly updated so more than that you can expect only in case of emergency fixes. I advise that fixes like that go in only fix zip flash form not as a complete ROM.

Guest zwastik

Anyone that passed from CM11 to slimkat? impressions?

I switched from cm11 no slimkat yesterday, so far so good. Now I am looking no enable a swap partición.

Guest tripwood

great rom and very good battery consuption for me.
I'm seriously thinking of moving to this from my "old" lunatic pandora.
My only problem is that root seems to be strange. I've followed the faq enabling root for adb and apps. Es File Browser get root privileges but still i can't edit the build.prop file. I've tried other build.prop editor from play store but i can't edit this file. I've tried to reboot many times also after changing the root settings. Nothing.
Tonight (i'm in Italy) i will try to re-flash the rom and restart from zero, but i'm reading here that this is not just my problem.

How is gaming on this rom? I recently saw a video of someone playing GTA: San Andreas on CM11 and was wondering if this rom could handle it as well. Thanks.

Guest ZolaIII

How is gaming on this rom? I recently saw a video of someone playing GTA: San Andreas on CM11 and was wondering if this rom could handle it as well. Thanks.

Not bad at all I did play a Dead Trigger 2 on it. With GL tools you can pretty much adjust ani (in OGL range of same specification) game to run nicely.

Guest TangerineTractor

If you`re having root problems, try installing adaway and running it, then do all the stuff you need to have full root for before rebooting, eg editting build.prop. It seems to somehow change some permissions that are reverted on reboot.