[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest SH3H1

@Up

I think it's 4.2 weekly :P

And a new kernel update v0.33 is on it's way :)

With OTG support...yummy :wub:

Edited by MasterRck

Guest chil360

@Up

I think it's 4.2 weekly :P

And a new kernel update v0.33 is on it's way :)

With OTG support...yummy :wub:

Yes, 4.2 is built but the sync failed again last night. The G510 rom is uploaded, the other 2 are syncing now but will take a while. I will update the topic when it's done.

Android 4.4.3 hasn't been released yet to AOSP - will probably be a couple of weeks before it arrives in SlimKat weeklies.

Guest farfix

Dirty flash includes wiping dalvik and cache :)

Ok, thanks :P

So... I have to do wipe in dalvik and cache if I don't want to perform a clean install, right? Or am I forced to do a clean install?

Guest svennn

Ok, thanks :P

So... I have to do wipe in dalvik and cache if I don't want to perform a clean install, right? Or am I forced to do a clean install?

A clean install always rules out some malfunction you might see in the rom, so it is theoretically always better.

But yes, I just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.2 by dirty flashing (flash new zip, wipe cache and dalvik cache [wipe nothing else]) and everything seems to be ok, all user data is supposed to be untouched by this move (it's always good to have a buckup though :) )

Guest Romagnolo1973

deep sleep dont work for me with new update

for you and all other users that have some cpu deepsleep problems, to be informative you need detect the process that use cpu so use this app from playstore for free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&hl=it

and report here the prosess tht have issue si the dev can understand, reproduce and solve the issue.

Guest Mirke

4.2 compared to 4.0 is much faster in every aspect (Antutu shows 100 points progress), status bar little bit slower at open and close animation, everything else really great. Battery incredible for now 0% for more than an hour with data always on. Nice job Chil.

Is there anyway to make status bar open instant with no animation?

Edited by Mirke

Guest rederik75

for you and all other users that have some cpu deepsleep problems, to be informative you need detect the process that use cpu so use this app from playstore for free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&hl=it

and report here the prosess tht have issue si the dev can understand, reproduce and solve the issue.

Also BetterBatteryStats from xda is a good tool to troubleshoot battery drains. It's paid on the Market and free on xda for registered users...

Guest rederik75

I just had a strange reboot after installing an app (Any.do's Cal)... when I tapped "open" in the Market app page the phone rebooted, and the reboot process was quite longer than usual...

Again after reboot, I guess it's a Cal's fault..

Guest squal

I just had a strange reboot after installing an app (Any.do's Cal)... when I tapped "open" in the Market app page the phone rebooted, and the reboot process was quite longer than usual...

Again after reboot, I guess it's a Cal's fault..

same... i got reboot twice....:'(

I found a bug. The wifi connection in my university is a 802.1x EAP, protocol PEAP and 2nd authentication MSCHAPV2, when I try to connect to this network the phone becames very slow and reboots almost all the times. Sometimes I have a sequence of random reboots until I can stop the wifi.