[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Swedoxi

Good new chil, I'm waiting your new update! I can't understand why with chil's kernel and configuration ondemandx - sioplus I have random reboots... :blink:

Thats weird. i never had a singel random reboot with this rom :S or any slimkat build i used. And i use the built in chil's kernel.

Guest squal

Next weekly will be 4.4.3. I finally have a successful test build - just trying it out now!

hi chill..watching videos on facebook works fine in slimkat?? coz ill try other kitkat rom..after watching videos on facebook.. and press back button..i got freezed and reboot..

Guest phil2sat

Good new chil, I'm waiting your new update! I can't understand why with chil's kernel and configuration ondemandx - sioplus I have random reboots... :blink:

Did you install with format/wipe?

Test rom without recovering settings or apps.

Then try to find the app or recovered setting/data causing reboot...

For me its adblock plus and orbot

I think there is a bug in chil kernel with bending connections

Netfilter/Iptables? Sry but my linux knowledge is a little bit outdated.

Adfree android dosnt work for me too.(cant remount partition with host) something with the /etc link?

Tries to remount / but hosts is on /system

Phil2sat

Edited by phil2sat

Guest Domino2115

Please make the statusbar pulldown smoothly! Please!

Please make adreno 2xx for kitkat and then it will be smooth :)

Edited by Domino2115

Guest kekkox88

Did you install with format/wipe?

Test rom without recovering settings or apps.

Then try to find the app or recovered setting/data causing reboot...

For me its adblock plus and orbot

I think there is a bug in chil kernel with bending connections

Netfilter/Iptables? Sry but my linux knowledge is a little bit outdated.

Adfree android dosnt work for me too.(cant remount partition with host) something with the /etc link?

Tries to remount / but hosts is on /system

Phil2sat

It's only a governor/scheduler configuration that gives me reboot. I've replaced ondemandx/sioplus with conservative/row and for now no reboots.

Guest rederik75

Please make adreno 2xx for kitkat!please!

Please make the statusbar pulldown smoothly! Please!

Please make my Y300 brew a good coffe! Please!

:D

Guest spanitzer

The UI is perhaps smooth but the easiest thing .... The statusbar pulldown is laggy!

Sorry for my very bad english. Im from germany and i have only school english.

Guest phil2sat

The UI is perhaps smooth but the easiest thing .... The statusbar pulldown is laggy!

Sorry for my very bad english. Im from germany and i have only school english.

pulldown is not laggy...

I had the same problem after flashing swap.zip

If i do (free) in console it shows correct size but in filemanager swap.file is only 33mb but partition is full (df)

Guest spanitzer

pulldown is not laggy...

On Homescreen is okay. But when you go in a APP is the pulldown laggy! Have you See a Nexus 5? This is smooth!

We have the same device! Its can not be different!

Btw. What is with SlimKat 5.8?

Guest phil2sat

512mb ram is not much...

If you run multiple apps it could get laggy. Thats why i disabled zram and added 150mb swap.

Have you enabled force hardware acceleration in developer settings? If yes revert to standard.

Guest juumax

Anyone else have trouble turning on location services with this ROM?  When  i go to settings and move the location on slider to the on position it just goes back to the off position. Is there another step I am missing?

Thanks

Guest spanitzer

512mb ram is not much...

If you run multiple apps it could get laggy. Thats why i disabled zram and added 150mb swap.

Have you enabled force hardware acceleration in developer settings? If yes revert to standard.

I disabled ZRAM and have no Recent Apps. I use 2D Rendering in developer Option and use no swap.

Guest chil360

Btw. What is with SlimKat 5.8?

Still waiting for the next weekly to be tagged. Might still be more 4.4.3 stuff to merge or just taking more time to test before they release a new weekly.

Guest phil2sat

I disabled ZRAM and have no Recent Apps. I use 2D Rendering in developer Option and use no swap.

Deactivate GPU Rendering erzwingen.

And do not disable zram without swapfile.

Entweder zram als swap oder echtes swapfile.

Irgendwoher muss der fehlende ram ja kommen.

Zram ist für geräte mt wenig ram, geht der ram zuneige wird ein anteil komprimiert abgelegt, mehr ram höhere cpu last mehr batterieverbrauch. Selbst beim normalen start habe ich nur ca 10mb ram frei.

Use only zram or swap no other combinations. On low ram phones you have to get missing ram from somewhere. Zram is for phones with low ram but uses real ram(50mb) and compresses this part of ram to gain more free ram but causes more cpu load and batterydrain. After systemstart with some services i have only 10mb free ram and 40mb swapped.

(And i do not use cleanmaster or similar ram cleaning tool wich eat a lot of my valuable ram)

Edited by phil2sat

Guest spanitzer

Swap = storag damage

Ich nutze kein Swap weil ich nicht meinen Datenträger zerstören will. Mir wurde auch gesagt das besonders das 2D Rendering auf schwachen Geräten etwas bringen soll.

Guest phil2sat

Swap = storag damage

Ich nutze kein Swap weil ich nicht meinen Datenträger zerstören will. Mir wurde auch gesagt das besonders das 2D Rendering auf schwachen Geräten etwas bringen soll.

Ok you are right but every write access destroys storage.

Even browser cache, emails, whattsapp, playstore.

Thats life storage dies.... so you have the option to trim your internal storage (fstrim) to balance usage of blocks to be written evenly.

I use swap since 2years tommorow my new phone is arriving. No fs damage.

Gpu rendering for 2d causes different 2d/3d app to sliw down or crash (on my g330)

Someone tried antutu with option on. The 3d test which is called 2d test.(stupid bug.) Crashs if i enable gpu rendering.

Without i get about 7700-7800 points

Guest luca020400

Slimkat 5.8 on android 4.4.3 is out !!

And chil have uploaded the g510 version

Edited by luca020400

Guest moochermick

Slimkat 5.8 on android 4.4.3 is out !!

And chil have uploaded the g510 version

Yes And it's working very nice, seems smoother and screen appears sharper/clearer.

Thanks chil.

Guest kekkox88

It's coming... my upload speeds are terrible.

Thanks! It's my first update, it goes via OTA? Do I need to install from zero or not? Thanks in advice!

Guest chil360

Thanks! It's my first update, it goes via OTA? Do I need to install from zero or not? Thanks in advice!

SlimCenter notifies you when an update is available and lets you download latest version but it doesn't actually install it. You still have to reboot to recovery to flash the new rom.

You can flash without wiping data but sometimes it can cause problems. If you do this and have problems, please do a full wipe and try again before reporting any issues.

Edited by chil360