[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest moochermick

Anyone know if the white box problem happens in CM11?

Just tried cm11 of daz and it's the same, for me anyway.

I think since kitkat Google would prefer us to use chrome and not stock but Chrome is slow.

Guest markoprogramer

Just tried cm11 of daz and it's the same, for me anyway.

I think since kitkat Google would prefer us to use chrome and not stock but Chrome is slow.

Try Firefox. It uses less ram than Chrome and it is faster.

Edited by markoprogramer

Guest Ranx91

There is afaik no such function in SlimKat or apollo, but there are about a million apps in Playstore that can perform that task.

Moreover I would recommend to give a try to "llama" or the incredible "tasker" if you wan't some more automisation than just for the headphone jack.

thanks,i'll give a look to tasker,thanks!!!

Guest noobSU

Search this thread. I answered that questions 2 times. Every couple of posts someone ask that question. :)

im not able to search the thread no results on tapatalk. Can you please tell me once more. Will be a favor.

Guest ehsan_zt

Try ViPER4Android FX. Look for it on xda.

I am using VIPER, it works perfectly when I'm listening to music with handsfree, but when I got a call(and I'm using handsfree) it doesn't work :(

Guest tooplanx

I'm still on 5.9 and was gonna stick with it as it seemed stable. Unfortunately today I've been having apps crashing all over the place and now I've got no network. On top of the browser image problem I think I might move to Expert v4.

I'd hoped that slim v6 might have finally been bug free but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Guest gergospy

Does anyone know how or where to change the 'swap volume rocker orientation on rotation'. I prefer the stock option. In other ROMs I could adjust this option but I can't find this setting in this.

Guest dio0815

@gergospy:

Unfortunal there is no way to disable this feature within SlimKat. But the xposed module 'swap volume keys' does the excactly same thing as the inbuild feature and as a result the volume rocker binding is reverted back to normal.

Guest moochermick

im not able to search the thread no results on tapatalk. Can you please tell me once more. Will be a favor.

In build. Prop change..

Ro. Telephony. Call ring delay from 3000 to 0

Also if you have a custom tone on the external sd move it to internal storage.

My phone rings and screen wakes up together on the second ring.

Guest Eskimko

Im having problem with instaling gapps. I have tryed 3 gapps versions so far and i cant instal none of them, i get the samme message always "unable to unpack zip" or something like that

Guest chil360

Im having problem with instaling gapps. I have tryed 3 gapps versions so far and i cant instal none of them, i get the samme message always "unable to unpack zip" or something like that

Sounds like a corrupt or incomplete download of the gapps zip. Try the latest BaNKS 4.4.4 GApps - I use the minimal version and have never had a problem.

Have you thought to put linaro? :blush:

Sorry, my english.

The kernel is built with the linaro-4.7-13.04 toolchain provided by Slim. The rom is built with the standard gcc 4.7 prebuilt from the Google AOSP repo.

I have been experimenting with building the rom & kernel with different toolchains but haven't released any builds with these yet.

I tried building the rom with Linaro 4.8 but got graphical glitches in Google Play. At the moment I am getting good results using SaberMod 4.8 for the rom and SaberMod 4.9 for the kernel with no noticeable change in stability. I will probably release a test build during the week with this configuration so you can all try it and see what you think.

Guest TayoOnabule

Stable 6.0 :) we are waiting Android L.

We won't be getting Android L for a long time. And it'll be a real miracle if we ever get Android L on our devices, it's amazing enough that we've got kitkat :P

Guest markoprogramer

We won't be getting Android L for a long time. And it'll be a real miracle if we ever get Android L on our devices, it's amazing enough that we've got kitkat :P

Only thing i like on android L is Project Volta that extends battery life. If chill implement that i will be happy. :P

Edited by markoprogramer

Guest TayoOnabule

Only thing i like on android L is Project Volta that extends battery life. If chill implement that i will be happy. :P

Project volta is a system wide change. It isn't something that can be implemented... it's an integrated into the bones of Android L

Guest LotR656

really the next build is based in android L?

when going to release the next version

Android L is not released for Nexus devices, yet. I think we will dont have Android L on this phone.

Guest chil360

Weekly 6.2 has been tagged and I'm just starting my build now so it should be available in the morning.

Android L....

No release date has been set for Android L yet but will probably be towards the end of year. At the moment there is only the Android L Developer Preview release and Google have this week published a lot of this code to AOSP in the l-preview branch. It is unlikely that there will be any custom roms built on the l-preview code - CM have already announced that they are not starting work on CM12 until the final Android L is released.

From what I have read about L so far, I see no reason why it wouldn't work on the Y300/G510 - the hardware requirements seem to be the same as kitkat. We will have to wait and see.