[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest anotherjib

@chil360 : you should switch to -Os arguments in the build

Our phone need an optimized code and -O3 is the worste choice

-Os optimizes for size, is it what you want? I would prefer less lagging over small size...

Guest luca020400

Yes but our cpu need more time to read the -O3 commands so the phone became slow

-Os is the best in small phone/embedded devices

Edited by luca020400

Guest Sportfreunde

I have a problem with Viber on this rom. When I get a message, it doesn't show up right away (often doesn't show the notification or vibrate until I switch the screen on). The settings on the Viber app itself are all the same as before.

Also can I upgrade from 7.8 to 8.X by doing a clear cache/dalvik or do I have to factory reset and lose data/settings?

Guest ysabato

I have a problem with Viber on this rom. When I get a message, it doesn't show up right away (often doesn't show the notification or vibrate until I switch the screen on). The settings on the Viber app itself are all the same as before.

Also can I upgrade from 7.8 to 8.X by doing a clear cache/dalvik or do I have to factory reset and lose data/settings?

Just wipe cache/dalvik

Guest nikhilmaurya10

Very good rom...

Following it from 8.2 build. Many problems solved in latest build related to lock screen, audio and dialer.

looking forward for more fluidness in latest builds although it is still at its fullest.

Guest Alduin Acatosh

Does anyone experience any bugs related to wifi? While downloading gapps from slim download wifi often stops after 1,2 minutes. I run Huawei Y300 btw... Wifi on or off is the only way to obtain it again. 

Also, how always see all nottification buttons ? They are always hidden.

Also, how always see all nottification buttons ? They are always hidden.

Do you mean these? if yes, you can't, SlimKat don't support notification toggles, only Quick Settings.

(this is not a my picture, i took it from google, just as an example)

127199d1405173362t-secret-whatsapp-picsa

Edited by fonz93

Guest Alduin Acatosh

Well is there any way to turn them on all the time? BTW is there anything I should do after I flash ROM, asides from gapps? 

Launcher seem a little buggy and sometimes device freezes. It also takes a lot of time after screen.

How to setup zram and swap on this ROM? I tried ART and it is faster than Dalvik but it does not support some apps i use.

Guest LotR656

ART will be officially supported after other phones get Android L support.

Launcher works good, it must freeze sometime if you really use phone.

You shouldnt flash anything apart of rom and gapps.

I dont use zram and swap so i dont know, but phone will work better without that, just use stock setting for this rom.

Guest nikhilmaurya10

When I first installed 8.2 build the launcher was freezing quite a lot, but after the latest update it's quite smooth. I have noticed that sometimes it stutters when coming back to home from app drawer but everything else is good.

I prefer Google now launcher so after flashing the ROM I instantly uninstall the Nova launcher.

Is the same ;)

No, it isn't, with ChepKun patch's there is no DIM behind expanded panel (no UI lag), SlimRoms uses a different way to enable transparent status bar

Edited by fonz93

Guest LotR656

how is this rom now ? is more stabile the ramdom rebots are still here ?!

is good for daily use ?

I dont know what you do and get reboots, but last version works good.

Guest Alduin Acatosh

Well device works gr8 now after little tweaking. Aside from battery. Is there anything I could do to make it better? Compared to stock in % how bad it is?