[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Help please! After clean flashing 8.10 I can't find the Screen Lock option anywhere in security settings, where is it? I need it!  :unsure: :wacko: :o :blink:

Guest anotherjib

Help please! After clean flashing 8.10 I can't find the Screen Lock option anywhere in security settings, where is it? I need it!  :unsure: :wacko: :o :blink:

Not inside Security anymore, look in Personalization->Interface

Edited by anotherjib

For those of you with video problems (e.g. Facebook, Youtube) there's something I would like you to try...

A while ago I added some features from Caestel's kernel including custom memory configurations to increase the available free RAM. I have just uploaded a build of my latest kernel returning to the stock memory configuration - chil360-kernel-v0.49-STOCKMEM.zip.

Please can you flash this kernel and see if it solves any of the video issues you have been reporting.

Did not work out for me.....im using GT N7100 ....video still not working...i get the sound from the video but no "image" from the video..... 

Guest Romagnolo1973

nothing for audio problem?

backup via TWRP your Data forlder only and look that is saved in the External SD, then made all wipe possible (except ExtSD) and install the rom again, than restore the data folder and restart. I think that can solve your issue

Guest Hanzome

Can anyone help me .. still cant call using facebook messenger and some apps like kakao talk.. and mobile signal problem.. most of the time no mobile signal

Guest Carandroid

backup via TWRP your Data forlder only and look that is saved in the External SD, then made all wipe possible (except ExtSD) and install the rom again, than restore the data folder and restart. I think that can solve your issue

are you sure?

Guest Romagnolo1973

are you sure?

Probably you delete some audio libs so yes, if you start from zero and restore the only Data folder probably you solve and don't loose your app and settings

Guest wbrambley

Can anyone help me .. still cant call using facebook messenger and some apps like kakao talk.. and mobile signal problem.. most of the time no mobile signal

Have you still got a backup in recovery of your stock ROM? If so, try restoring just the /cust partition. I'm not sure why but it seemed to sort an issue I had with mobile signal after boot/reboot.

Guest Cygnet's

Chil360, I saw a post by Supersu developer Chainfire that lollipop will be a troublesome to root. what's your take?

Chainfire already rooted it on Nexus 9.

Guest luca020400

The root method in nexus 9 is called superboot

Is a custom boot.img that contain a custom script that copy supersu into the system

After you have to flash a custom kernel that have some security options disabled

That's all

Guest xals1997

Chil360, I saw a post by Supersu developer Chainfire that lollipop will be a troublesome to root. what's your take?

With great developers (like the developers that we have on y300 and g510) i think that is possible.

And if they can port Lollipop I think that they can know how to root it.

Guest spikypotato

As far as I know, to root a Lollipop, the device's bootloader must be unlocked.

Our devices has an unlockable bootloader so.. It's possible! (maybe)

Guest Romagnolo1973

@chil360

I kmow you are focused in the caf project but can you add again more cpu MHZ setting into the kernel?

245 mhz is too much in some case, if we are listen music, even if most player can easily work at 90 mhz, our cpu stay at 245 so instead of 5% battery usage every hour we have more than 10%. This affects not only your rom but almost every KK rom becauese they use your good kernel.

Seen a 122mhz again will solve this battery drain

@chil360

I kmow you are focused in the caf project but can you add again more cpu MHZ setting into the kernel?

245 mhz is too much in some case, if we are listen music, even if most player can easily work at 90 mhz, our cpu stay at 245 so instead of 5% battery usage every hour we have more than 10%. This affects not only your rom but almost every KK rom becauese they use your good kernel.

Seen a 122mhz again will solve this battery drain

Lower frequencies use all the same voltage (except for the 19 mhz frequency), it shouldn't drain the battery more than 245 Mhz

Guest juanpablocastillo

Has anyone else compiled this ROM and kernel with -Ofast flag? May be a placebo but to me it seems a lot more responsive.

-Ofast flag isn't 100% compatible with Android, it breaks IEEE standard for example.

Guest domenico76

Lower frequencies use all the same voltage (except for the 19 mhz frequency), it shouldn't drain the battery more than 245 Mhz

Power consumption goes with the sqaure of frequency (f^2), so Romagnolo point is correct...

Guest pulsomatic

Thanks for the rom, ist running very smooth. But is there a way to get the notificationpulldown working on the lockscreen? I used cm11 and really miss that feature now.